• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViewtifulJux

Oct 25, 2017
Had a hell of a game with rando's and no mics. We synced up being hyper aggressive and just ran through everyone. Wiped like 5 teams for the win. I would pull flank and they would stick together. Worked like a charm.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you are being so toxic and hostile bro all because I said I sometimes I don't revive teammates if they are not helping me out. talk about loosing all context you do understand what sometimes means right? i'm sure you do yet you continue to be hostile for not reason when I have been totally civil. I make one comment you don't like and you attack me and make dumb comments like this one. you keep calling people names and inferring that im some toxic player because I said i was frustrated with teammates who are in parties together playing for themselves.

this games needs a solo mode because it can be frustrating playing with random people of varying skill levels who also have no mics. I have been playing for 3 hours today and I have had one person in the lobby with a mic. they never coordinate pushes you cant ping someone and say they have 20 health and to push them to secure the kill. the game doesn't even notify your teammates when peoples shields are popped the ping system is great but its not perfect and doesn't replace game chat.

It's like I personally offended you when I said its frustrating to play with people who don't communicate if so i'm sorry others in the thread also feel the same way its not just me.
What you said is you go off on your own and don't revive teammates if they don't have mics.

That is toxic behavior, full stop. You're being a jerk because you have a chip on your shoulder. You deserve all the bullshit you catch on here, frankly you haven't caught enough. You're the type of person that makes me turn off voice chat in every game.

Don't bother replying, you're now on my ignore list.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My squad died at the beginning of the last match I played and immediately quit. I made it down to 2 squads left, was coming up behind the last two people in the squad and the ring killed me. Fuck me.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Ok... any beginner tips or guides? I typically suck at MP games so I'm expecting to get slaughtered for the first 900 days!

PSN = my Era Username. Looking for people to play with.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this feasible on console?
I think it's possible, but I don't know how feasible. I've been trying to practice with it. Can do some basic speed pulls but none of the crazy angles the guy does in the video. I keep hitting the 90 degrees and then the zipline disconnects. I think it might be possible to achieve if you have mastery over subtle movements of the left analog stick, but idk.

Dec 26, 2017
Firelink Shrine
I just had a match where NO ONE was using voice and we got like 3rd place. We were able to communicate so clearly it was second nature. This game is soooo good.
The ping mechanic in this game is one of the most well thought out design decisions in a long time. I'm truly impressed with it and I hope it becomes an industry standard for both cooperative and competitive games going forward.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
What you said is you go off on your own and don't revive teammates if they don't have mics.

Some guy last night started swearing and insulting me over the mic because I accidentally went into a house he was looting, even though I landed on the roof at exactly the same time.

I had him muted the whole game til the end where the other guy i queued with told me he was still raging at the end of the game.

Im guessing it was someone very similar to the poster above who doesn't revive teammates just because they did something wrong and this game desperately needs report functionality to remove those kinds of people from the game, at least temporarily so they can learn to play nice with their electronic toys.

DrDarkStryfe

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Never going to have a win like I just had again.

Both my squadmates got taken out in a squad vs squad confrontation. I was able to knock down two of theirs, and with a sliver of health killed the third while they were reviving to wipe them. I respawned my team, and we went on to win.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
shroud putting up Ninja numbers with this game.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I really hope they don't nerf shotguns. It's nice to finally have a competitive game that isn't Gears of War where shotguns are actually good.

KillerAJD

Oct 25, 2017
Played my first two matches tonight with a cousin and a random. First match was definitely just getting to grips with the game a bit, but other than wiping out the squad that landed next to us, we never got to explore past the first spot we landed at because we quickly got taken out as soon as we moved. Second round we matched with somebody who seemed to at least know a bit about what they were doing, haha, and ended up winning! Definitely a nice thrill (maybe not as heart pounding as winning in PUBG, but not much is...), but I think I enjoy it more than Blackout (which I haven't played since near launch), and definitely like it more than Fortnite.

The running did feel kinda slow to me though, a bit sluggish, but I dunno (holstering my guns made the running feel much nicer, which I guess is an OK trade-off). I played as Pathfinder both times, but never used the grapple/zipline abilities (still kinda don't know what the hell I'm doing, haha), so I'm stoked to learn more of the ropes.

I've not paid much attention to the feedback for the game (other than people seem to like it), but one thing I did hear is people found the other players to be bullet sponges. I didn't really seem to feel this way when playing though. Didn't feel all that dissimilar to PUBG to me. Regardless, I much prefer that as opposed to just one shotting people (or, honestly, being one shot), so I didn't mind it.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Triple Take is the best gun in the game. I just wipe squads with it. It just shows up so rarely tho.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Aw yiss, got a pathfinder win after way too many second places. Just have Wraith and Gibraltar to get atleast one for everyone.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna say it's nice playing a game where snipers aren't hyper viable. Supplimentery sure but sitting back and sniping makes you a liability more then anything else. Not like games like Battlefield or I where everybody and their grandma is trying to snipe

Yeah they're a good support weapon if you ding a guy before your squad rushes them, which I like. I think they maaaay be a bit underpowered compared to the assault rifles, but not by much. I don't want the game to turn into 60 snipers sitting in bushes.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Just won a perfect match with two randoms, communicating well with the ping system, didn't get downed once, was nice.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
I understand that level doesn't necessarily mean skill but when you're level 18 I expect you to at least pick up a shield that I ping after 5 minutes in game with you not picking one up.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
- Gives jumpmaster duties to next player
- Player immediately makes a bee-line for an area with about 6 squads visibly dropping down into it
- Try to ping teammates towards a weapons cache in the complete opposite direction of other hostles
- They run the opposite way and get gunned down immediately.

For fucks sake!

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Shroud nearly has as many viewers watching him play apex as there are total viewers watching Fortnite. Insane.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Against my own better judgment, I tried it tonight... messed around with the tutorial, hopped in a game, grabbed some gear, and was then mowed down before I knew what was going on. Uninstalled. Definitely a game I think I'll just enjoy watching others play vs. actually playing myself. Probably made my teammates wonder why the hell I was matched up with them, which sucks for all parties. LOL Oh well, might try again at the office.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Do you not get an Apex Pack from lv 21>22? I just leveled up and I got no pack or anything, just the lv up and the hero credits or whatever.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you gotta message someone on Xbox some hate mail...you got some deeper issues in your life.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
apex_legends_road_map_battle_pass.jpg

Roadmap shows we get a new Legend, Weapons, Loot and a Battlepass per season. First season is next month so not that long.
I'm hoping (and if I'm reading the road map right) they have a whole bunch of Legends and weapons lined up and are planning to drop at least 2 new ones of each every season.

And I'm excited for an upcoming Battlepass for the first time ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.