• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Respawn had a say in a lot of things before they were acquired, the monetization choice of Titanfall 2 was from their end (along with making Titanfall 1's season pass free after a few months of its launch), along with the lack of the 10 hours trial for TF2's on Origin Access at launch, EA just published their games and didn't intervene with how they wanted to implement DLCs, though it doesn't matter much now because their monetization policy is more or less the same as EA's so nothing is going to change after their acquisition.

Edit: Valve? TF2 was published by EA.
What? What does Valve have to do with Titanfall and it's content?
Somehow read 'TF2' as Team Fortress 2.

So uh...ignore me!

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Not gonna lie, this marketing schtick is super effective on me right now. Kinda just counting the minutes until we get some info.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Is it too early to say, Pathfinder is my favorite? And this game is fun as fuck.

I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING ELSE I SWEAR.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
This is the first Battle Royale game to have my interest. I did try Fortnite but the building aspect never interested me enough to get good. Pubg's design wasn't up my alley and being PC only for the longest time kept me from having any desire to play it. I'm holding my hype in until full reveal, though.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One thing I'm hoping for is that the game doesn't end when you die. PUBG and Fortnite both kind of just...end...win or lose and you're just like..."aaight I guess back to the lobby."

If there's some sort of thing that hopefully these guys figured out, to extend the lifespan of each game, that would be cool.

Fingers x'd

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
I could be wrong but I have a gut feeling this game is going to be what the BR genre needs and its going to be awesome

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hopefully this isn't just another case of EA tossing two (sometimes one) products out to try to take market share from a competitor. Star Wars: The Old Republic and Warhammer Online couldn't touch World of Warcraft, Medal of Honor and the streamlined Battlefields couldn't touch Call of Duty, Dawngate didn't even get out of beta to take on League of Legends and now we have Battlefield V Firestorm next month and now this possibly trying to take players from Fortnite and PUBG. They'll take each other out before they can even have a chance at Fortnite.

I want it to do well because I love Respawn and Titanfall but I really don't see this game lasting based on EA's history.

ornery

Nov 15, 2017
Is it too early to say, Pathfinder is my favorite? And this game is fun as fuck.

I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING ELSE I SWEAR.

giphy.gif

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Guys I think this may be awesome

I had my doubts before this whole teaser started but if what we're seeing here is indicative of the game and it's overall approach to BR, then it will severely hamper my time with Blackout most likely. And that's a tall order considering how much I love that game. Titanfall will always be my bae.

The fact that it's free is just a super smart move on their part. People will absolutely play this game.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Indian population is 1.3 billion. There's a wide variation in how they can look, you know. Not every single Indian has a moustache, near-chocolate brown skin and a cricket bat in their pocket.
Is this what's known as "concern trolling"? Genuine question.

I'm looking forward to this game. My response was a response to a person a few pages back who said the character wasn't Indian. If the character isn't not a big deal and won't break my hype. If Bangalore was intended to be Indian, cool.

And I lived in India for a couple of years and traveled across it a few years ago. So I'm familiar with India and a lot of South Asia. It seems from your responses I'm wrong about the character which is great.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
From what we know, how do these 3 man squads work? If you dont have a squad do you just que for one?

Status
Not open for further replies.