Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Not your typical Hero Shooter. Just one featuring stars of many of Sony's IPs is what I meant. Maybe a unique skill per character here and there. But I'm thinking more Uncharted MP, less Overwatch. /edit

If we're not going to see another Uncharted with its amazing verticality and shooting gameplay that makes for a romping multiplayer experience...

And if we're not going to see a Playstation Allstars Battle Royale sequel...

Then I propose we get a Playstation Hero Shooter from the Naughty Dog multiplayer team featuring all of their brands with levels from each of their worlds.

We got a glimpse of it back during Uncharted 2's multiplayer lifespan with the Heroes pack.

20220502_112304rqk4a.jpg

(Edit: ^^^^ This is just an example of the idea from a game from 13 years ago. This is not what I meant for a current roster!)

***But picture it with all of the stars from the titles since.*** And with each character getting specials unique to their abilities. I won't list them as I'm sure we're all aware of what each character would bring to the table and there is a large variety despite the Sony Sad Dad Everything is Forests memes. But by all means, feel free to share what you'd like to see.

Sony, please!

(I'm not really sure what to expect from the TLoU2 MP but I never did like the direction they took the original when they killed it with pay to win automatic guns that completely changed the pace of matches so I need this proposed idea to sate my interests)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe not so much the "shooter" part but some kind of multiplayer experience that leverages their IP would be fun, sure why not

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know I wanted one, but thinking about it - hell Yeah! Nathan Drake, Selene, Aloy, Kratos, Rivet, Jin Sakai....

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
So you want a hero shooter comprised of properties that Sony doesn't care about...lol. Good luck with that one.

Edit: Basing the above statement on the UC2 skin pack you psted.

OP
OP
MoonsaultSlayer
Oct 27, 2017
These lame "no"s. Damn.

I'd love seeing these characters doing their thing against each other and not relying on Fortnite being the only crossover product out there.

And by Hero Shooter, I still mean a level playing field and not special roles that drastically change the balance.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Can't say I want one but I wouldn't not try it out, at least. I tried out PSASBR and found it... okay? But I'm not a Smash fan or a fan of any platform fighters so... yeah.

Oct 27, 2017
These lame "no"s. Damn.

I'd love seeing these characters doing their thing against each other and not relying on Fortnite being the only crossover product out there.

And by Hero Shooter, I still mean a level playing field and not special roles that drastically change the balance.
So just a normal shooter with different character skins? Is Goldeneye considered a hero shooter nowadays?

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
A shooter-Smash Bros for Xbox makes some sense since they have myriad FPS/TPS properties now, but they same can't be said for Sony. The crossover title would need to play on their first-party series' strengths

Therefore it needs to be a prestige third person over the shoulder game feat. younger/smaller companions. The crossover aspect could involve the character pairings being switched around, like Aloy & Clank, Rivet & Ellie/Lev, etc.

The multiplayer will involve co-op where one players get to to choose responses to one another, and boost each other up to ledges to push down crates and ladders.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A VibRibbon hero shooter would be cool even though I have no idea how it would work or who the heros in the hero shooter would be

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That seems like a pretty unappealing idea, theres already plenty of hero shooters. If they were going to do the crossover thing for a game again I'd rather it be in something more interesting.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Doesn't sound appealing at all to me. I'd prefer them to make an actually good Smash clone.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I think a third person MP arena combat game would be a better fit for Playstation IP, to be honest. This would account for a more melee-centric combat system, although you could have ranged combat characters aswell (Drake, Cole from Infamous, etc.)

I think Xbox is perfectly suited for a Hero Shooter mashup

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
I think a third person MP arena combat game would be a better fit for Playstation IP, to be honest. This would account for a more melee-centric combat system, although you could have ranged combat characters aswell (Drake, Cole from Infamous, etc.)

I think Xbox is perfectly suited for a Hero Shooter mashup

For a while there Killer Instinct was the hero Mashup for Xbox.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Kind of an *old* gamer here... but what is a "hero" shooter?

Like Fortnite? Apex? Etc all these names I hear people play?

Edit-ok like Overwatch.

Last edited:

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

Overwatch

Basically games where you play as unique characters with their own weapons, abilities, etc. I guess Apex can qualify as one but in a battle royale setting.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Between Fortnite and Smash I'm kind of sick of crossover games. I'd rather have something a bit more coherent.
Even the MCU is starting to grate on me.

Oct 25, 2017
Therefore it needs to be a prestige third person over the shoulder game feat. younger/smaller companions. The crossover aspect could involve the character pairings being switched around, like Aloy & Clank, Rivet & Ellie/Lev, etc.

Seriously, over half the characters in the initial roster of PASBR (and most of the DLC, come to think of it) were from third-person action games.
They've got even more of those now! Horizon, Tsushima, even Sackboy went 3D platformer.

OP
OP
MoonsaultSlayer
Oct 27, 2017

Edit-ok like Overwatch.

Overwatch

Basically games where you play as unique characters with their own weapons, abilities, etc. I guess Apex can qualify as one but in a battle royale setting.
My definition was more about starring the unique "hero" characters but still having a balanced playing field. I literally just want Uncharted MP with the crossover idea. If each character had a unique trait and can still be balanced, that'd be a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.