unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
How much is the ps4 version going? I was waiting around for the ps5 physical version, but I guess if I can get a good discount on the ps4 version, I could bite.

Edit: I see Day ichi is going for cheap. What is different from that and the standard version?

thanks for this, ordered that version. I got a PS5 disc edition due to getting games cheaper (and resell) and here it pays off (for the first time for me)

steelbook looks awesome too. love this game am double dipping from PC version

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
Is the combat good in this? I saw some videos and the turn-based combat looked just okay.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Is the combat good in this? I saw some videos and the turn-based combat looked just okay.
Yeah, it's just okay, it gets the job done if you are into that sort of thing. Honestly, considering that the developers implemented it only a few months before the game's release, it shows, but they did an impressive job nonetheless this also being their first go at this type of game, there's definitely a big room for improvement for the next game though.

Ikarus

Oct 30, 2017
I'm in Chapter 5. I'd love to continue with a PS5 native version if that's a thing.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Just played the first hour. Oh boy this is really good. 60fps Yakuza is gorgeous. Not all the textures look amazing in 4K but moment to moment it looks great.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I was fortunate enough to get a copy of the PS4 version as a gift over the holidays, but I think I'm just going to play the games in order. Just started 3 so still got 4-6 to go after that. Maybe PS5's will be easier to find by the time I'm ready to play 7.

Sep 10, 2020
Been patiently waiting since the PS4 version launch. Conveniently on vacation this week, so I'm gonna play the hell out of it.

Since this technically is releasing this year for ps5 does that mean it counts for GOTY 2021?

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Aw, I was hoping it'd go live midnight eastern. I don't see any upgrade options yet.

Kwabi

Oct 29, 2017
Not live for me (digital standard edition in North America), but others are reporting live with physical. Anyone have any luck with digital yet?

Eyad

Nov 17, 2020
The upgrade became live 9 hours ago (12AM in my local time) with the physical version. Really enjoying it so far. The loading times & 60fps are really worth the wait.

Kwabi

Oct 29, 2017
Hm, not live for my physical version either (North America, pacific).

Here's how another poster with the disc got it to work:
" Worked for me. What I had to do was put in the disc, press down on the icon to bring up the Play and ... buttons, click ... and then click PS5 Full which switched the icon in the menu to the PS5 game and then the Play or Download button or whatever took me to the store where it was free "

Hope it works for you!

Protmind

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the hero edition on PSN this afternoon. Using my PS5 I can download a PS4 version. I cannot find a PS5 version. Strangely all the versions have prices when using the view product function. Even the hero edition I just bought. But it's still letting me download something...

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Here's how another poster with the disc got it to work:
" Worked for me. What I had to do was put in the disc, press down on the icon to bring up the Play and ... buttons, click ... and then click PS5 Full which switched the icon in the menu to the PS5 game and then the Play or Download button or whatever took me to the store where it was free "

Hope it works for you!
A moment ago I decided to manually search the store again and it appeared. Thank you though! It's downloading now. Hopefully it opens up for you soon.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit, can anyone confirm that the German (or any other EU version) also has english text options?

Standing in the store with the box in my hand.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
not sure if this is the place to post, apologies in advance. figured I didn't need a new thread for this

I played through the game and ng+ on xbox back at launch and loved it. willing to double dip on ps5 depending, if not just for the trophies....but curious if anyone could attest to the dualsense functionality? is there any?

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
not sure if this is the place to post, apologies in advance. figured I didn't need a new thread for this

I played through the game and ng+ on xbox back at launch and loved it. willing to double dip on ps5 depending, if not just for the trophies....but curious if anyone could attest to the dualsense functionality? is there any?
No, nothing .