• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
I'm tired of the visuals, performance issues, just the overall look and feel of the generation I guess.

This happens to me every Gen late in the cycle. I need like a refresh with new games, new potential, better visuals, options etc.

Anyone else?

Oct 26, 2017
No because I have a PC.

Consoles are only for exclusives and thankfully the vast majority of them perform well even in late gen.

blonded

Oct 30, 2017
There's no "overall look and feel" of the current generation unless you only play AAA games. Broaden your horizons. I guarantee you there's a whole lot of great games from the current gen you haven't played

Jan 16, 2018
Yup, I hear you and totally agree. Ui is old stale and slow, games have peaked. Just waiting for next gen. I want new hardware, not this streaming junk

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Hey, you feel how you feel but I'd say I think you're just not looking in the right places if you think everything looks the same unless your only looking at like AAA COD ripoffs.... Performance issues will probably always be a thing unless you have a godlike pc, and even then if the game isnt well optimized it will have issues. I feel like gaming is more diverse and expanded now than it ever has been. I don't feel like a new gen will help you if you can look at the landscape now and come to that conclusion.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Nope, it's that time of year where all I want to do is play WoW. 🤷‍♂️

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I avoid playing on my consoles much more than I did early in the generation.

I wanted to check out Monster Hunter World and it was on gamepass. So I downloaded it and holy crap, it looks awful and runs just as bad. I did the same thing with Metro Exodus and had the same reaction. I'm glad I didn't get Control on console because that would have ruined my experience with that as well.

It would have been better if the PS5/XB4 were released this fall, at least for me.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars is getting that way for me. I'm on Pro with the option to prioritise frame rate chosen, but the constant lag, pop-in, and 30 seconds+ freezing to load assets has me thinking that this game and all games from now on are being made with PS5 / Scarlet in mind and we're getting toned down versions.

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering many of this gen's favourite games (Goose, Outerwilds, Undertale etc etc) aren't super "current gen", I think it bears no difference, maybe you're bogged down because a lot of games are sticking to a known formula and playing Jedi Fallen Order or Tomb Raider has become kinda the same ordeal.

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
Nope, i still have lots of games to explore from this and past gens, i don't care a loot about the looks.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
nope. most of the game I play aren't even on console.
Looking forward to transport fever 2, planet zoo and warhammer total war DLC!

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a PC gamer, the whole "next-gen" thing is console gamer nonsense to me.

I still buy consoles and a new gen coming out is not even a great thing for YEARS, even if full backwards compatibility might help a ton here.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Games honestly push production values too far, i don't know how you could look at AAA games and be dissatisfied with the visuals. As far as performance it's dramatically better than it was during the PS3 era where 20-25 FPS was the norm.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah.

It isn't just AAA gaming either. I have smaller games and I still don't want to play much.

I think fatigue for the gen is just setting in.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
That sounds like a mindset thing, there's no overall look and feel to a generation unless you're playing a very narrow type of game.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tired of the visuals, performance issues, just the overall look and feel of the generation I guess.

This happens to me every Gen late in the cycle. I need like a refresh with new games, new potential, better visuals, options etc.

Anyone else?

Same. Visuals mean much to me and i get this feeling more with sports than anything else. I'm skipping 2k(unless they do that dollar deal again)for the first time ever. Next gen sounds like sports titles will see the biggest jump since... madden on ps2?

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I was but it's not the case.

I have plenty of games to play and I wish I had the time to play them all, which I don't.

So I enjoy every last bit of gaming I can have.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm ready for next gen but I'm not burnt on this one like I was toward end of last gen. The mid gen hardware refresh did wonders to make the consoles not perform terribly at late gen

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I kinda felt bored with gaming for a while...
But Control/ Death stranding/ MW out of the recent games, I really enjoyed and made me remember why I love gaming.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
I'm a PC gamer, the whole "next-gen" thing is console gamer nonsense to me.

I still buy consoles and a new gen coming out is not even a great thing for YEARS, even if full backwards compatibility might help a ton here.
Even if you only play on PC, when next gen arrives graphics quality always increases. Take any 2013 game and compare it with any 2015 one where the developers were finally getting comfortable with making next-gen only games.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Errm no, some of the best games came out late in the consoles gen, I don't think that the leap will be that big tbh.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Capcom was amazing this year, Shenmue 3 next week, and that demo of Yakuza 7 was exactly up my alley, so importing that in January as well.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
I finished Alpha Protocol, released in 2010, last week so no, I'm not tired of current-gen. In fact, they could delay next-gen and stop to release new games until 2023 and I would still be fine.

Jun 1, 2018

Anyone else?
What do you mean by burn out? How many hours a day do you play? If you play 10+ hours every day of course you will get burned out by something.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Nope, my Switch has been great and it's pretty much all I played on this year outside of RE2

Ecks

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure how this would even work. I mean if you're playing the same style games over and over sure, but I don't see how that would change with better visuals. But yeah, I play my Switch games and I'm generally pretty happy.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Nope. Switch renewed my interest in gaming and the form factor allows me to fit more gaming time in (I can take it with my on lengthy train commutes). I'm really enjoying the sheer variety of games I can choose from and am looking forward to more in 2020.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
I'm not tired of them... but I am looking at new games and wondering if I should hold off till next gen, when they'll look much better.
Not that they look bad now, at all.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Nope. I have a pc and some amazing games have released this year, especially on switch. Graphics sell me on high performance hardware. But overall I'm really a gameplay kind of person.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'm ready for next gen but I'm not burnt on this one like I was toward end of last gen. The mid gen hardware refresh did wonders to make the consoles not perform terribly at late gen
This is basically where I'm at because of my Xbox One X, and I was the biggest whiner at the end of last gen, absolutely begging for a full generational refresh.

I've never been one to say that current-gen consoles are good enough when we're in the endgame - and I'm still not - but I'm curious how Sony and Microsoft will court me on tech (not next-gen exclusives) into early adopting when I'm finally not desperate-desperate for something new for once.