• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
I don't mean alcohol, I just mean anything. I'm constantly infatuated with drinking. Coffee, Tea, various types of waters, sodas lemonades. I just love drinking shit.

There's times I drink coffee just because I like the taste of a smooth dark drink. Or tea, I have several different types of hot tea that I circulate through just because I like hot drinks from time to time.

Then I also keep a giant 64 Oz aluminum water bottle that I constantly fill during the day with water cause I like drinking cold water.

Everytime I go to a gas station my first thought is "what's a new drink I can try?" Doesn't matter if it's pre-packaged coffee and tea or a slurpee or a giant drink from the machine, just shit, give me something to drink.

Anybody else have this obsession with liquids?

Also, for my Tea Drinkers, post your favorite teas and why you like them for my own research purposes.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Alcohol yes. So much so that I think I'm just going to quit cold turkey come the new year. Drink at a restaurant is fine but I'll stop buying for myself at home. Besides the health issues, $100-200+ a month on alcohol would be better spent elsewhere.

Even coffee. I drink way too much coffee.

I'll stick to water. And I'll save $300 a month easy by cutting out alcohol, coffee, and other beverages.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I'm constantly drinking (mostly water) all day long. I always have my thermos next to me.

Meanwhile my wife and daughter barely drink anything all day. Maybe a cup of tea or a small glass of water. I don't understand why they don't drink liquids more.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
i love drinking, but so many good drinks have gone by the wayside for corn syrupy factory crap.

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
Alcohol yes. So much so that I think I'm just going to quit cold turkey come the new year. Drink at a restaurant is fine but I'll stop buying for myself at home. Besides the health issues, $100-200+ a month on alcohol would be better spent elsewhere.

I'll stick to water. And I'll save $300 a month easy by cutting out alcohol, coffee, and other beverages.

Alcohol is definitely expensive.

I've fallen into the "have a few beers after work" routine and need to break it. Love drinking with my friends, but I'm kind of done with daily light drinking.

And I swear coffee has something to do with it. I've been ping-ponging between alcohol and caffeine for like two years now.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Cold water can cheer me up when I'm in a sour mood and different sodas make excellent accompaniments to different foods. Also have a tendency of drinking at least two cups of water with every, meal, if not more.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017

Good luck man! That seems like a nice amount of money that you can spend on better things.

Alcohol is not really my problem, though i drink once a week, but i quit smoking 1.5 years ago and that cost me 200-300 EUR a month (1-2 packs of 6EUR daily, more on weekends) You will be amazed with how much you're saving i think.

Oct 31, 2017
I used to inhale coffee 24/7 (like... A bad amount. Like 2 Trenta Black Iced Coffees a day) AND I would have like 8+ cups of tea a day. Then I started noticing the dehydration and the acid reflux so I cut both out. Well, I now drink decaffeinated tea but it doesn't really taste like anything... But I have at least 5 cups of tea a day. I probably drink about a gallon of water.

Edit: Actually I'm honestly lowballing it. I'm already on my 5th cup of tea for today and I'm not sleeping for another 7 hours.

I was even worse last year tho. I would have a cup of tea and/or coffee right next to me at my house 24/7. A lot of times I would have a cup of coffee, tea, and water all next to me.

Yeah OP I think this thread def applies to me lol

Last edited:

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
71JApubxcoL.jpg

I have a problem

painey

Oct 27, 2017
If it wasn't bad for my teeth I'd drink 2l of diet soda daily. I love the cold, the carbonation, the taste. I want it constantly.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
I spend most of the day sipping on something. Mostly water, coffee, and tea, because I prefer not to drink my calories. Fruit juice is delicious, but I try not to drink it too often. And I enjoy wine and spirits often enough.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I'm the opposite, and tend to be dehydrated except when I'm at work (because getting up to get water is one of the easier timewasters, especially since then you have to pee and can justify getting more water, a healthy cycle of timewasting).

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean alcohol, I just mean anything. I'm constantly infatuated with drinking. Coffee, Tea, various types of waters, sodas lemonades. I just love drinking shit.

There's times I drink coffee just because I like the taste of a smooth dark drink. Or tea, I have several different types of hot tea that I circulate through just because I like hot drinks from time to time.

Then I also keep a giant 64 Oz aluminum water bottle that I constantly fill during the day with water cause I like drinking cold water.

Everytime I go to a gas station my first thought is "what's a new drink I can try?" Doesn't matter if it's pre-packaged coffee and tea or a slurpee or a giant drink from the machine, just shit, give me something to drink.

Anybody else have this obsession with liquids?

Also, for my Tea Drinkers, post your favorite teas and why you like them for my own research purposes.
I think the thing about drinking is I can do it at any time. I have to be hungry for food. I can have a glass of tea at anytime.

And I'm with you OP. I've been on a huge Tea kick lately and just got a variety pack for christmas

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If soup count then yes, otherwise no I only drink water and hate most other beverages, they're a waste of money.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
YES. I can relate to this so hard. There's something about sipping a drink when working, reading, talking with friends, whatever, that just makes me feel so calm and collected.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
OP you thirsty on Era!

Nah, I'm trying to watch what I drink to avoid lots of empty calories/sugar. I want most of my calories to be worth it.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma

I drink at least 3-5 soda cans a day and I can't help it. Been drinking ever since I was a child and it's a hard habit to break. :/ Looking into getting a Soda stream.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Coffee in the morning, seltzer with lunch and then seltzer all night once I'm home. Water if I'm exercising and days at work if I feel thirsty.

I cover a state hospital ward where they put any patients with polydipsia who basically can't stop drinking to the point where their sodium levels can get so out of wack that their body shuts down and they can die. They need 24/7 supervision because they will try anything to get water including drink out of toilets if they aren't supervised. It's very sad and super hard to get these people in a condition where they can safely be released. One of my client's has 2 young children and their last visit she grabbed her kids juice box out of her hand and chugged it before being restrained by staff.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Yes, my entire existence is defined by unquenchable thirst.

I am eternally thirsty in all ways that one can be.

Also servers always bring out the pitcher when I'm 3 glasses in after 5 minutes...

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
this was me. then i went to my gp and got a diabetes diagnosis LOL.

nah, nothing wrong with being thorsty. i love water and unsweetened tea with milk. i'm trying to stay away from juices and sodas as much as possible, but i'll have a no-sugar coke now and then.

right now it's a hot day and i'm drinking a tall frosty glass of water with ice cubes and a slice of lemon. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Apr 24, 2018
I drank a copious amount of soda/energy drinks from 18 until I hit 30. I've cut back drastically but still often have about two or three twenty ounce sodas a week (virtually never touch energy drinks anymore). I drink a lot more water these days than I did back then, though.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Nah. But I can eat candy like you wouldn't believe

If a drink is really good then I'l go to town on it until I get sick of it. Very phasey.