• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will be added in the ResetEra 2.0 update?

• I really have no idea.

Votes: 179 78.5%
  • More themes?

Votes: 39 17.1%
  • More ways to help a community grow?

Votes: 21 9.2%
  • More posting options?

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • More profile options?

Votes: 19 8.3%

• Total voters

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Some of ya'll prolly don't even know but apparently our awesome site is getting a really cool update in the upcoming weeks. That update has been teased by SweetNicole and Cerium

ResetEra 2.0

Now let's talk about the future. In our last update we explained that the DayEra/NightEra designs are not part of the same project as ResetEra 2.0, but rather a standalone that would help bridge the gap. We promised some months ago that ResetEra 2.0 would be released before the end of 2018. Those plans are now beginning to mature.

While some work will continue in the interim on DayEra/NightEra, we have recently made special arrangements for additional help and resources for ResetEra 2.0 in order to ensure that development will proceed smoothly and in a timely manner. After considering the totality of your feedback, we examined our options and determined that making ResetEra 2.0 an urgent priority made the most sense for the community in the long term.

The wheels are now in motion, and we look forward to sharing more in the coming weeks. We will be using this thread to do so.

In that same update thread we also talked a little about the upcoming ResetEra 2.0. That's right, work on "the big one" is now in full swing! We're not ready to pull back the curtains on all the details yet, but suffice it to say that we're very excited. We look forward to sharing the first details with you in the coming weeks.

So what could ResetEra 2.0 bring??? This site is already bursting at the seams with cool people and stuff. Just what else could be added???

Let's speculate!

My guess is that maybe profiles will get more customization options?

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I hope it's a big overhaul and improvement of the forum theme. The old forum is a shithole now but I actually like their new layout and interface a LOT better than Era's.

Oct 26, 2017
No. ResetEra runs perfect for me now. The only other thing I care about is adding anime gif avatardsand emojis. Make it happen.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I did NOT like the last revision, and am very thankful they left the 1.0 versions as options to use.
While I have hope that the new version will be good, i'm scratching my head to think of any website redesign i didn't think was objectively worse than the previous version.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
I've browsed many forums using Xenforo, so there's plenty they could add.

However, I'm still on the LightEra theme. Didn't really like DayEra's colors and I don't really need more features in a message board, tbh.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It will be smaller and more energy-efficient? /jk

I just hope the DarkERA theme still works with it. I really don't like NightERA.

Deleted member 14313

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please be likes. The amount of posts that are essentially "I agree" which I have probably contributed to too is just annoying.

Is there a reason there are no likes currently? I had thought XenForo had them automatically but I could be wrong? Maybe server strain? No idea really how much more processing would be needed.

Please no emoji.
I just hope the DarkERA theme still works with it. I really don't like NightERA.
I agree. See this is an example of when a like button would be great.

Last edited:

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to be when the new themes were such a misstep. The design team has to earn back my trust.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather an iterative approach than "big" 2.0's or 5.0s or what have you.

I don't really think there are any major needed features, but mostly bug fixes. I still have some quirky weird behavioral bugs on the site that I Don't have elsewhere. Like, sometimes ctrl + i will behave strangely, causing my browser tab to switch or the tab to close. I think the editor could be improved to cut down on weird behavior, mobile and desktop, though especially for touch devices... it's just a kind of rough editor. I just kind of assume most of the problems are the bundled editor.

But... w/e. It's forum software based on a platform that's like 20 years old. Can't really expect that mch to change, and I don't really want it to anyway.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's time for damn ''Hide This Thread'' option.

Last edited:

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Please be likes. The amount of posts that are essentially "I agree" which I have probably contributed to too is just annoying.

Is there a reason there are no likes currently? I had thought Xenoforo had them automatically but I could be wrong? Maybe server strain? No idea really how much more processing would be needed.

Please no emoji.

See this is an example of when a like button would be great.
I've seen people start fights over who liked what and why on other forums. Trust me, you don't want it.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't really need anything, I wouldn't mind a few seasonal themes like Xmas or something, but that's just silly stuff that doesn't matter.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully crypto wallet support, they're the future after all

Upvotes and downvotes can burn in hell

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

And yea please leave 1.0 and normal dark theme.

Deleted member 14313

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen people start fights over who liked what and why on other forums. Trust me, you don't want it.
I only use one other forum regularly and it works fine there although to be fair it is a small (less than 200 regular posters) close-knit community so yeah it might be different on a large forum like this.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Hopefully better colors for Day and Night Era. Dark and Light are perfect color wise and I refuse to use the others until its fixed.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
More worried than anything, Day/Night era do not inspire confidence. If 2.0 blows and nukes DarkEra I'm gonna be bummed.