• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I wish I did use make-up more, but I really am not prepared to deal with the shit I'll get from my family if I'm using make-up like I wish I could, and that wouldn't even be particularly feminine or anything (I would like to use some Goth style stuff for example).

OP
OP
Irishmantis

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
Cleanse and moisturize. Even without makeup but especially with. I get rosacea and I really wish I'd been taking care of my skin a lot longer.

Irishmantis kudos to you for taking being called on some clunky wording in stride and accepting it as a learning opportunity. This thread could have been locked on page 1 if it went the other way and there's a lot of positive discussion in it now.
Thanks, I knew it was on the lines of pushing it, but I really wanted to ask to get motivation, so my goal was just try my best to express no ill intent and make sure nobody is offended as much as possible and learn how to word shit better

Wording things together has never being my strong suit to say the least

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I would say it depends on how intense/dark the under eye area is but a full-coverage (what I'm guessing you probably mean by heavy?) would as the name says have the most coverage. But in addition to this and and I have seen a few people mention that their under is too dark, you could also consider a color corrector. So for dark circles because they are dark and blueish in tone you would apply the orange color corrector first to cancel that out before going over with your skin tone in concealer.

Something like this where the middle orange would be for the under eye and the green would be for like red spots on the face
I don't think my dark lines underneath my eyes are that dark but still very noticeable to myself at least. Does it matter what skin color you are while using concealer? Because I'm brown.

I also couldn't find the product you were so kind to suggest here locally, so I will have to try and find something on Magasin.dk (my search results).

JellicleGec

Jul 16, 2020
I don't think my dark lines underneath my eyes are that dark but still very noticeable to myself at least. Does it matter what skin color you are while using concealer? Because I'm brown.

I also couldn't find the product you were so kind to suggest here locally, so I will have to try and find something on Magasin.dk (my search results).

So for concealer you want to match your skin tone but a little bit (about a shade) lighter than your skin. This is to help brighten the area while covering up what's underneath but you don't want to go too much lighter.

I was scrolling through the link you added and just scrolling through there's tons of stuff, personally I like anything that leans more creamy than liquid because I just like how it feels better and think it has better coverage while lasting longer. I also like stuff that has an applicator or you can dip your finger in, because you could use a brush but honestly I think it's easier to tap and blend it in with your ring finger under your eye.

I also noticed a lot of the products don't have many options for darker skin tones so I would focus more on finding a color match and then looking into liquid vs cream and any other variations or positives each brand might advertise. I think that answered your question, let me know!

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I used to when I was younger. Eyeliner, lipstick and nail polish.

As I've gotten older, less so.

Oct 27, 2017
Is the coloring under your eyes dark, or is it just deep troughs making harsh shadows? I have the latter and will be getting fillers for it. Undereye concealor is tricky as it's very opaque. I'd recommend a 'no makeup makeup' type concealor a la Glossier or Milk makeup. Something more sheer.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I just rock my ugly-ness lmao šŸ˜‚

But srs I don't look too bad and have fairly good skin so I don't feel a need to. I would love to learn how to do cool contouring and makeup stuff for cosplay in the future though!

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I used to but it was to make things stand out, not cover things up. I wore mascara and eyeliner, and sometimes a little bit of eye shadow as well, because I liked the way it looked and I liked that way it looked on me and how it made me feel. It wasn't a huge amount of makeup like someone in a metal band would wear on stage or anything but a bit more than a "subtle" amount, enough that it was obvious I was wearing it.

I have heavy bags under my eyes and dark rings around them that people constantly say make me look like I haven't gotten enough sleep but it isn't anything I'm self-conscious about; I don't mind them at all. I don't really get any kind of acne or anything on my face that I would feel like I needed to cover up either.

So makeup to cover or conceal just isn't anything I've ever thought about. Wearing it because I liked how it looked isn't anything I think about anymore either though. Nowadays I'm just an fat, balding, ugly dude. No point trying to cover up or accentuate anything to make myself look better because I've got so many other things going wrong for me that it doesn't matter.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
I don't wear makeup but I have pretty good skin and I go to the beautician every 7 months or so. Feels good. I also moisturize

you do you if wearing some make up makes you feel better!

I suppose the only thing I have to say about wearing makeup is that too much makeup looks terrible. But that goes for any gender

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
some nights i stay up touching up my makeup
some nights i cover my flaws
some nights i wish that my eyes were filled with shadow
some nights the lashes just fall off

Benz On Dubz

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
No, but the ladies would appreciate some eyebrow trimming and some manscaping, you "straight" barbarians.

No my eyebrows are just fine the way god made them thank you very much

0*2XpE-VjhhLGkFDYg.jpg