Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I'm a bit envious of someone feeling like they needed to grind. I did every single sidequest I could find so I was overleveled for most of the game :(

That's why the inn system exists! It's specifically designed so that you can do as many side quests as you want without applying the EXP you earn to your party.

Unfortunately you can't de-level yourself if you use your bonus EXP and then change your mind later. You can only do that in NG+.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
The level 90+ dinosaurs in that one region. More of a late game grind, but you could make it work. You could try the level 60 spider queen. Good for exp and chips.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
AHA! Found a nice grinding enemy in the game. Not a spot, but more of multiple spots.

Keep locating for enemies that are of the genus, Volff, scattered around the areas you visit. They have the ability to "call for help", which will activate when they have 1/3 of their total HP. When this ability is triggered, a new Volff will appear, and you're ready to start battling them after you dealt the first one.

Rinse and repeat, they will continuously call for help, until either you use a Driver combo or something that will instantly kill a Volff before they trigger their "call for help" ability.

Especially when you have auto-attacking, you're able to easily grind for EXP with this ability chaining up the enemies.

I love how you acknowledge that grinding is unnecessary and thank people for explaining to you that there's other things you should be doing rather than grinding... and then still go ahead and grind for some reason, haha.

The level 90+ dinosaurs in that one region. More of a late game grind, but you could make it work. You could try the level 60 spider queen. Good for exp and chips.

I'm not an expert on Xenoblade, but if he's currently in the mid-20s with the goal of grinding to 35, how is he going to make grinding level 90 dinosaurs work?

Last edited:

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I never had any problem during the main story (played on normal and took my time with sidequests and advancing in the Blade skill charts), but I can recommend you (when you're about level 70) to kill Reeking Douglas in Gormott's thieves cave (the one you visit in the story mode). If you can complete the driver combo several times on the boss and Smash it a lot, it will give you several Legendary Cores, which are basic to unlock the good blades.

Remember that the boss will spawn lots of strong minions if you don't seal Reinforcements fast (it was a Dark finisher IIRC).

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Hey OP, are you enjoying the game? What general thoughts do you have on the gameplay and the story?
I loved it. Gameplay isn't too shabby. it's not as complicated as it seems on the outside, but you do need to read a lot of dialogues that explains how to play. Story-wise, it's enthralling.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be continuing to grind for EXPs. :D

You're able to grind autonomously and you can actually do other things while the game is chocking EXPs at you.
I love how you acknowledge that grinding is unnecessary and thank people for explaining to you that there's other things you should be doing rather than grinding... and then still go ahead and grind for some reason, haha.

Yeah. I just couldn't help myself not ending my thread on a high note.

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
That's why the inn system exists! It's specifically designed so that you can do as many side quests as you want without applying the EXP you earn to your party.

Unfortunately you can't de-level yourself if you use your bonus EXP and then change your mind later. You can only do that in NG+.
Yeah I realise, but I didn't decide to stop using the bonus levels until way too late lol

Grinding enemy type found!
OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Found something interesting!

There is an enemy type called Mahi Pippito hidden in Gormott that gives you whopping 2400 EXPs per enemy. They are at level 38 ~ 42. But they give 4x to 6x the amount of EXPs than all other enemy types in that level range.

They are rare though.

I only found two that consistently spawn whenever you warp to a different landmark, The Torigoth Flower Patch, and the Lyts Oasis. The former is the easiest, as you spawn literally next to one.

I'm at level 41 average in Chapter 4, mid-way.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You see those huge ass monsters with no level? Go at them

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
...You sure you don't want to continue further on into the game where there are a lot more areas to explore and more enemies to battle? Or are you just content to grind in the early areas forever?

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
...You sure you don't want to continue further on into the game where there are a lot more areas to explore and more enemies to battle? Or are you just content to grind in the early areas forever?
Pretty content, but eventually will move on to the next chapter, beforing continuing to grind. I have discovered a lot of places not found before while grinding.