delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Before we continue:
  • I'm in Chapter 3.
  • I'm 45 hours into the game.
  • I'm currently underleveled at level 24 for all 3 of my team members. I believed I should be in level 35 somewhere.
  • Used up all bonus EXPs in the inns.
  • Looking for great places to start grinding EXPs.
  • XC2 OT threads are locked, so I can't go ask for help there. :(
  • If possible, I hoped not to get spoiled. Thank you so much.
Any tips/tricks I can learn about before moving to Chapter 4 and beyond in terms of leveling up and so forth? That would be awesome!

Thanks.

Update: Found a lot of info! See threadmarks!

Last edited:

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The final boss of chapter 3 is level 26, you're just fine right now

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about to start Chapter 4, and the enemies there are downright killing all of my members without me inflicting half of their health.

that's not normal, unless you're taking the path downside where there are only strong monsters. you should be able to go up and fight monsters at your level with no difficulties.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Before we continue:
  • I'm in Chapter 3.
  • I'm 45 hours into the game.
  • I'm currently underleveled at level 24 for all 3 of my team members. I believed I should be in level 35 somewhere.
  • Used up all bonus EXPs in the inns.
  • Looking for great places to start grinding EXPs.
  • XC2 OT threads are locked, so I can't go ask for help there. :(
  • If possible, I hoped not to get spoiled. Thank you so much.
Any tips/tricks I can learn about before moving to Chapter 4 and beyond in terms of leveling up and so forth? That would be awesome!

Thanks.
You should never need to grind in XC2.

I'm assuming you are on the final boss of Chaper 3, in which case you need to target a specific one of the bosses and drop their hp bellow a certain threshold.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
You should never need to grind in XC2.

I'm assuming you are on the final boss of Chaper 3, in which case you need to target a specific one of the bosses and drop their hp bellow a certain threshold.
I beat the boss battle.
I'm at the very end of Chapter 3 and about to begin Chapter 4, but I got some main story quests in Gormott.

Wakawun

Oct 27, 2017
You don't have to kill everything in your sight. Some enemies are there for you to come back to later in the game. You'll have an awful time if you try to murder things many times higher than your level.

Didn't grind at all playing through the whole game. (Mind you I spent 180 hours on it).

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I beat the boss battle.
I'm at the very end of Chapter 3 and about to begin Chapter 4, but I got some main story quests in Gormott.
You are going to the wrong place and fighting enemies you don't need to. XC2 doesn't have any dramatic level jumps in it. If you can handle the boss fight at the end of chapter 3, you are set for chapter 4.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Make sure you are setting correct blades and armor to compliment. Tank/attack/heal is the way to go, make sure you level up skills too and hit your pots. Shouldnt need to grind ever

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
It's a huge hassle, but you need to re-work your parties blades by element so that linking can be done easily. When you pick that up then it all comes around to upgrading skills and equipment rather than level, because you'll still be getting beat at lvl 35 by wild monster gangs.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Go into your skill trees for active and passive skills, make sure everything is upgraded.
Check your "purse" for each character and blade, and put something in to give them buffs.
Gotcha, thanks.

It's a huge hassle, but you need to re-work your parties blades by element so that linking can be done easily. When you pick that up then it all comes around to upgrading skills and equipment rather than level, because you'll still be getting beat at lvl 35 by wild monster gangs.
Yep, this is why I'm looking around for great places to grind.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
The only grind i can recall was getting the necessary field skills to advance though the story

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
If you beat the Ch. 3 boss, then you shouldn't be having trouble anywhere. You should never have to grind in Xenoblade 2.

My guess is that you're either trying to go somewhere you're not supposed to yet, or you misunderstand something about how the combat system works and are making poor battle decisions. You understand how Blade Combos work, right?

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess you could do more sidequests to get more bonus exp., but you should be fine level-wise. Are you upgrading your Core Chips and filling out your Affinity charts?

You're really not that underleveled if you're just starting Chapter 4 - try engaging some of the Mor Ardain enemies one at a time, and you should be able to take them down.

Last edited:

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
You really don't need to grind in XC2 for levels and it's extremely inefficient to the point of pointlessness. The focus should be on killing unique monsters and sidequests if you want to gain levels.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Well, as far as I can tell, I'm close to level 25, and the first enemy encountered in Chapter 4 on a different Titan is at level 32. And that's the main story quest line.

I'm looking at a YouTube playthrough of the game now, and it looks like the first path of Mor Ardain has a bunch of level 24 enemies and one level 31 enemy. That's completely normal. There's supposed to be a handful of stronger enemies along the main path—you can either avoid them or fight them if you're looking for a challenge. You're all good.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm looking at a YouTube playthrough of the game now, and it looks like the first path of Mor Ardain has a bunch of level 24 enemies and one level 31 enemy. That's completely normal. There's supposed to be a handful of stronger enemies along the main path—you can either avoid them or fight them if you're looking for a challenge. You're all good.
Thanks again.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I was already on easy mode. I do apologize in advance that I didn't mention this in the first place. Been swapping from normal to easy back and forth.

If that's the case you should be alright just doing the main story. That's how I played the game and ended up beating it in 30 hours with minimal side-quests.
A lot of higher level enemies are in your way just because and aren't the actual level of story specific bosses.

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
Beta scope + Overclocking bangle + Roc Smash for Gold chip farming on Temperantia made the game a cake walk. Get 9 Gold chips and you will have infinte money and item drops. Plus the attack stat on the Gold chips are high.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
If that's the case you should be alright just doing the main story. That's how I played the game and ended up beating it in 30 hours with minimal side-quests.
A lot of higher level enemies are in your way just because and aren't the actual level of story specific bosses.

That's incredibly fast. Did you skip the cutscenes?

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018

I think the speed run with cutscenes takes like 19 hours so that's actually crazy fast 😮

Update: Found grinding enemy!
OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
AHA! Found a nice grinding enemy in the game. Not a spot, but more of multiple spots.

Keep locating for enemies that are of the genus, Volff, scattered around the areas you visit. They have the ability to "call for help", which will activate when they have 1/3 of their total HP. When this ability is triggered, a new Volff will appear, and you're ready to start battling them after you dealt the first one.

Rinse and repeat, they will continuously call for help, until either you use a Driver combo or something that will instantly kill a Volff before they trigger their "call for help" ability.

Especially when you have auto-attacking, you're able to easily grind for EXP with this ability chaining up the enemies.

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
AHA! Found a nice grinding enemy in the game. Not a spot, but more of multiple spots.

Keep locating for enemies that are of the genus, Volff, scattered around the areas you visit. They have the ability to "call for help", which will activate when they have 1/3 of their total HP. When this ability is triggered, a new Volff will appear, and you're ready to start battling them after you dealt the first one.

Rinse and repeat, they will continuously call for help, until either you use a Driver combo or something that will instantly kill a Volff before they trigger their "call for help" ability.

Especially when you have auto-attacking, you're able to easily grind for EXP with this ability chaining up the enemies.

What are you grinding for exactly?

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017

You're not intended to grind to complete the main story. I promise you, the game will be more fun if you can figure out the combat system properly rather than brute-forcing it. Where are you stuck?

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
You're not intended to grind to complete the main story. I promise you, the game will be more fun if you can figure out the combat system properly rather than brute-forcing it. Where are you stuck?
I'm right now at level 35 on average for my 3 comrades.

I'm in the beginning of Chapter 4, where you first arrive on Mor Ardain. There is a quest that I need to do, which requires getting Fortitude, Keen Eye, and paying off 90,000 galleons.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I'm right now at level 35 on average for my 3 comrades.

I'm in the beginning of Chapter 4, where you first arrive on Mor Ardain. There is a quest that I need to do, which requires getting Fortitude, Keen Eye, and paying off 90,000 galleons.

I'd say you're already over-levelled for the story content in Chapter 4.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to side quests as even early missions sometimes require abilities and skills you won't get for dozens of hours. By all means accept them, but I wouldn't grind to complete them at this stage. It's just a waste of time.

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
I'm a bit envious of someone feeling like they needed to grind. I did every single sidequest I could find so I was overleveled for most of the game :(

Update: Found grinding spot!
OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I'd say you're already over-levelled for the story content in Chapter 4.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to side quests as even early missions sometimes require abilities and skills you won't get for dozens of hours. By all means accept them, but I wouldn't grind to complete them at this stage. It's just a waste of time.
Alright, thanks again.

But still, to complete and round off my thread, this is the "grinding enemy". For the grinding spot, look for the Honeypot Grotto in Gormott area, reach there during the day (after 07:00), go all the way to the back, and just start attacking Meldl Skwaror. They have the ability, "Calling Allies", that will make all nearby enemies join the battle against you. Of those joining, 2 Skeeter Nests will join the battle, and will have the ability, "Emergence", which will usually call 3 Yellow Skeeters. Quick early game EXP farm I guess.

I'm a bit envious of someone feeling like they needed to grind. I did every single sidequest I could find so I was overleveled for most of the game :(

I'm not too worried about this. :D I rather be overleveled than being annoyed at losing to battles to progress the game.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Hey OP, are you enjoying the game? What general thoughts do you have on the gameplay and the story?