• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Javelin preference

• Ranger

Votes: 191 17.8%
  • Colossus

Votes: 253 23.5%
  • Storm

Votes: 366 34.0%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 266 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
When you preordered on ps4 how do you access your invite codes?

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
When you preordered on ps4 how do you access your invite codes?

According to this you can't until the demo starts.

Pretty sure that's the case. You'll probably have to wait until the demo starts in order to have your "codes" ready for friends, since it seems your PSN/Xbox key only activates at that time. Best way to be ready is just to make sure your friends download the demo before hand and are ready to receive the codes once the demo starts.

Anyway, I'll keep trying to see if anything changes.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh - all this EA stuff is so annoying. I went on their website and linked my code to my old EA account, but without realizing it, my Gamertag is connected to a DIFFERENT EA account, so I have to call up EA today to switch it, I think?

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good short videos showing off the gameplay? Trying to convince a friend who only plays Destiny to give this a shot, but he won't watch anything that is more than around five minutes.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sorry, you do not currently have access to the Anthem VIP Demo.
To join the demo now, subscribe to Origin Access or EA Access*, pre-order Anthem**, or ask a friend who has access to invite you.

Hmm, just went to the refer a friend page on EA website and got the above. I can see that the account is linked to my PSN account which was used to preorder so, is this normal?

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Are you able to get the friend codes from the demo right now? I was able to remotely download it, but can't check for myself at the moment.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see anything on Origin. Refreshed a bunch, even searched for Anthem Demo and nothing. Whereabouts on Origin is it?

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So I go to the anthem page and I get two options, "view in library" and "watch trailer". I click on view in library and it just tells me the preload date and the play date.

Weird, for me it worked just like I said. Maybe it's hidding somewhere in your library or something.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Geez , y 'all downloading the demo right know?
Because Origin`s DL-speed is a nightmare at the moment lol.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Geez , y 'all downloading the demo right know?
Because Origin`s DL-speed is a nightmare at the moment lol.

put origin in R&D mode brotha.....I max out my gigabit speed that way, otherwise i was only getting 30% download

1.Make a file on DESKTOP called EACore.ini

2. Edit file in notepad and put lines :

EnvironmentName=production
CdnOverride=akamai

3. Save

4. Open origin and accept changes

You are now in R&D mode and your download speed should be fast again

If you want to remove R&D mode every time you open Origin go to your Origin folder , mine is
D:\Games\Origin\

and delete EACore.ini

Now just restart Origin

Jun 17, 2018
Got a vip access link from a forum friend, downloaded the ps4 demo and the pc demo, want to compare the pro vs my gtx1080 but i will play both on controller.

friday cant come soon enough, ive talked so much sh!t about this game but the latest videos had a bit of an impact with me.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
put origin in R&D mode brotha.....I max out my gigabit speed that way, otherwise i was only getting 30% download

1.Make a file on DESKTOP called EACore.ini

2. Edit file in notepad and put lines :

EnvironmentName=production
CdnOverride=akamai

3. Save

4. Open origin and accept changes

You are now in R&D mode and your download speed should be fast again

If you want to remove R&D mode every time you open Origin go to your Origin folder , mine is
D:\Games\Origin\

and delete EACore.ini

Now just restart Origin

Thanks!
Sadly this doesn`t work for me, still at 10-15% speed.

EDIT:
DL-speed is fine now. Only that BF5-update took forever.

Last edited:

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
So did we get confirmation that your VIP Access is simply tied to your EA account and not to a specific platform? I know the codes are multiplatform - but if I wanted to try it on PC and my Xbox during this weekend I can play on both right? I'm not locked into only one platform?

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
bought the game so how do i get my code ? nothing on ps4 that says where to find it

edit: oh i had to search the demo in the store

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
I just bought the game yesterday on the Xbox market place and not seeing how if I have access to the vip demo yet. Am I missing something?

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I downloaded the demo

I'm guessing it goes live on the 25, and it will ask me to login to my EA account. And since I redeemed my code, it will let me in right?

As for the 3 codes for my friends, how do I do that?

Jun 17, 2018
I wish that the game would run in dolby vision on my pro as well, just starting in HDR right now.

Oct 30, 2017
How do I preload on ps4? I got a ps4 code but i have to redeem it on origin? I dont understand

Demo is available for everyone on PSN.

The code you get with purchase should have instructions on receipt. Going to EA to redeem the code and it registers you as a VIP. You don't use the code on PSN.

Then you'll be given a link when you go to the refer a friend page. You copy and paste the link given to you and give it to friends so they can get access on EA's website. It doesn't look like you give anyone codes.

You'll have to have your PSN account linked.

Last edited:

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
I am not sure any can answer this but on PC when I send my friend the link for a friend code, does that link simply generates a code that he/she will plug it into the "redeem a code" site or the link directly link him/her to a page to download the demo?

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Agreed. I feel sort of hung out to dry with no official guidance on how to get my codes. So much conflicting information and confusion out there.

Didn't they put out a Tweet confirming that a code FAQ is on the way? Little bit late on that front, already caused a lot of confusion but it'd be nice if they got that out soon.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Is the preload live for Origin Access Basic users? I looked on the store page and there was a "play it first" button which gave me an error page.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
There is no special vip demo to download right? I have ea access and only see a normal demo to download.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Between the refer a friend not exactly working smoothly and having to backdoor the demo download, things are going well!

Status
Not open for further replies.