Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yikes just checking MAL real quick, my PTW list for October is ridiculous even incomplete

Blue lock, Iruma, obnoxious people(UY), reincarnated as a sword, villainess takes the final boss, Gundam, I Somehow Became Stronger by Raising Farming-Related Skills, the eminmence in the shadows, beast tamer kicked from an s class party discovers he can contract demihumans, and probably some more. There's a show with a Tanooki girl and a depressed Rakugo lady I just found that looks fun

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Birdie Wing 10

The only complaint I have about this anime is that it's so visually bland. The rest is very good but I do kind of miss the Mafia aspect lol.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Insomniacs After School for 2023 would hurt way more if this year wasn't chock full of michelin star quality anime. I just hope it doesn't get Disney jailed like Summertime Render or something because that's the true definition of pain.

Oct 27, 2017
I know some folks on reddit are worried that the hints on Eve's murky past could lead to a 'sibling/step-sibling' relationship between the two, as Aoi's mom has blonde hair....even if it does seem pretty unlikely that Aoi's mom would just....have forgotten about having another kid, lol.

Unlikely we'll see any such confirmation this season, though - but it does look more and more like we'll see a second cour, as I can't imagine they get through any sort of tournament arc with Aoi and Eve shooting doubles together in 3 episodes total, much less address any sort of issues on Eve's parentage, Aoi's mom trying to separate the two, etc.
Yeah those reddit post are making me kinda paranoid but I am hoping it is just some edge posts to create that reaction.

And yeah fully expecting another cour!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Birdie wing 10
Yeah this has to be a 2 cour with next cour opening with the doubles tournament most likely, a transition arc and then some sort of solo/semi pro arc. The latter is implied by the adult golfer in the opening. Plus we still haven't seen half the characters in the opening and still have some standing mysteries like Eve's past(I'm still wondering if Leo is her father)
Also Eve the lady killer, and Ichina proving her worth as a caddy and getting excepted. Great episode. Pretty sure this school arc still has a training episode and a challenge match left for this cour.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Birdie Wing is a Gundam fans dream. Her teacher being coached by Char and her soon to be coach being voiced by Amuro is amazing. Whoever at Sunrise devised this show and casting needs a raise.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Deaimon 10

I just realized we have only 2 episodes left, I don't want this to end 😭

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Chainsaw Man, JJK S2, Vinland S2, AoT Final Season Part II, and Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku. MAPPA train seems never ending...

FLY4LfmacAExJK1.jpg:large
81ljhKack5L.jpg
ia9fj17eyy461.jpg
ooa76hby1cr81.png

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
I really feel for the MAPPA animators. Their shows look stellar but at what cost?

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
MAPPA has so much on its plate, its legit insane to look at their pipeline on wiki

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well put together my preliminary list for summer. Just as packed as fall honestly

cachedImage.png

That Kamen rider spinoff had me curious but I haven't seen the stuff it's based off of

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Love Hina 18
Guess that's the end of the beach arc. Of all the things to be upset at Keitaro for it's funny that Naru fixated on that.

uncomfortable-awkward.gif

Damn, I thought there was going to beat legitimate crazy twist where the automaton was the girl Keitaro made a promise with. But nope, looks like it's still Otohime.

Otohime is the best character on this show.

Omg girl, you love him stop pretending you don't.

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Some anime thoughts this morning.

1) now that I'm getting back into anime after my lengthy absence, I feel like getting blurays of my favourite shows, but I'm realising many of them aren't in my region. I'm gonna have to get a damn multi region player like in the old days. :| I don't want to bite just yet, in this economy, but man what a hassle. (also LOTGH is still not available for us peasants, just....why)

2) I realised MAL has a way to browse anime releases by seasons, so I took a trip down memory lane last night browsing anime seasons 2000 to 2009, when I was most active. This is the golden age for me, nothing but banger after banger after banger.

Just insane quality released every season. Weirdly, after 2009 I notice the diversity in characters and stories begins to plummet. The period between 2009 and 2014 in particular looks abysmal, the anime covers all have cutesy faces and schoolkids, barely an adult in sight. Things start to perk up again with the odd release, Steins Gate here, Attack on Titan there, but I can't see the consistent diversity of 2000-2009 anymore.

3) The main reason I actually went down this rabbit hole of seasons and bluray players is that I randomly stumbled onto the soundtrack on spotify, of an anime I enjoyed back in the day: Noir.

Noir_cover.jpg

This soundtrack rivals the best of Yoko Kanno, it's stunning. Damn bluray isn't available in region B though. Grr...gonna have to stream it for a rewatch in the mean time.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, have heard good things about this and it is from the Kaguya guy.

No doubt it will get to haunt SolidSnakeBoy during AOTY seasons.
It's also from the Scum's Wish creator (it's a joint project), and I'm going to tell you right now if you go in expecting something like Kaguya you are going to leave very very confused.

Oshi No Ko is far more story based and more of a (I'm spoilering this because it's best to just go in blind and enjoy the ride)revenge character drama

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
wait, some of the Kaguya-sama folks are behind this?
Oshi No Ko is a joint project between the creator of Kaguya (story) and creator of Scum's Wish (Art)

It's got one hell of a ride for an introduction, and I always found it strange with the talent behind it and it being a quality series that it took so long to get picked up in english for release.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Tiger & Bunny 2 11

Oh god, it's all collapsing, what a tragedy (this is delicious). I was hoping Barnaby's return would be more dramatic and in-action, but I suppose this will do. I loved the oppressive vibes when the twins were wrecking shit up.

Excited to see how the gang is going to get out of this one.

Dance Dance Danseur 3

This was raw as fuck. Brought back some very unpleasant memories from school, but maybe it also helped me process them in some way. Great episode overall, and brilliantly nuanced characterisations.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
So I see a lot of people excited about the Oshi no Ko adaptation but the synopsis makes it sound like some trashy fetishistic isekai nonsense. Does it just sound worse than it actually is?

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
So I see a lot of people excited about the Oshi no Ko adaptation but the synopsis makes it sound like some trashy fetishistic isekai nonsense. Does it just sound worse than it actually is?
It's a fantastic manga about the behind the scenes of the child celebrity life with a heavy dose of dramedy. There is some weird stuff, sure, but it works well in context.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Oshi no Ko is really great. Can't wait to see it animated.

I'd recommend going in blind, don't even bother reading any summary's or anything if you haven't already. It's got a uh, interesting start.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Takagi-san s3 12
God they're so close

please close the loop with the movie then move to Moto Takagi-san you bastards

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
I was a bit weirded out in the beginning but once it gets your hooks in you, it's good. And not just in a Boy's Abyss kind of way.
It's written by the author of Kaguya-sama.

Status
Not open for further replies.