Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't fathom why you would force yourself to watch shows that you aren't getting any enjoyment out of.

I mean, unless it's part of your job. Life's too short to fill it with bullshit.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone here aware of any anime that blends great comedy and action together? I'm not talking about action shows with comedic elements but rather a show that seamlessly weaves comedy into its action scenes like a Jackie Chan movie.
Durarara comes close at the top of my head, I wouldn't say it is seamless though.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
I can't fathom why you would force yourself to watch shows that you aren't getting any enjoyment out of.

I mean, unless it's part of your job. Life's too short to fill it with bullshit.

It makes the good stuff that much sweeter. Plus I just don't like dropping titles halfway through.

one more Boogiepop arc to get through.........

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone here aware of any anime that blends great comedy and action together? I'm not talking about action shows with comedic elements but rather a show that seamlessly weaves comedy into its action scenes like a Jackie Chan movie.
Durarara comes close at the top of my head, I wouldn't say it is seamless though.
Durarara is a good thought.
My first thought was Full Metal Panic. Though fair warning, I did a recent rewatch of it, and the first season definitely loves its panty shots :/

I feel like Gurren Lagann has a decent amount of comedy to go with the action, but it too would have an ecchi warning.

I suppose one punch man is comedy action. It might be the closest to what you are looking for but I don't know if any of them are what you are looking for.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017

I always feel like everyone has their own process and time for satiating their curiosity with various media until they realize something is not worth their time later on, eventually being able to identify qualities that won't appeal to them early on.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
I always feel like everyone has their own process and time for satiating their curiosity with various media until they realize something is not worth their time later on, eventually being able to identify qualities that won't appeal to them early on.

4WjJPBH.jpg

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of anything immediately where the actual fighting is Jackie Chan level comedy and is good

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Durarara is a good thought.
My first thought was Full Metal Panic. Though fair warning, I did a recent rewatch of it, and the first season definitely loves its panty shots :/

I feel like Gurren Lagann has a decent amount of comedy to go with the action, but it too would have an ecchi warning.

I suppose one punch man is comedy action. It might be the closest to what you are looking for but I don't know if any of them are what you are looking for.
I've watched some of those and they're not really what I was looking for as they fall more on the "action show with comedic elements" spectrum rather than blending both together. I'll give FMP a whirl since that's the only one I'm not familiar with.

Oct 27, 2017
Dororo 15
Man what happened? The direction of the episode was so damn weird and jarring. I am thinking lack of production but the episode reminded me a lot of how Yuasa does his anime (though this didn't come close to them in quality). Could have been a really great episode if it wasn't for the weird animation.

Plotwise I am all in. Seems next episode will have some more confrontation with Hyakemaru's family which is my favourite part of Dororo. I just hope the next episodes are better.

Feels like the anime started becoming worse after the OP and end changed.

Now it is time for me to start watching A Place Further Than The Universe. I have been wanting to start watching it for a while now but never do. This time I will succeed.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
The only show that comes to mind with that kind of comedy on a consistent basis is Trigun. Vash the Stampede definitely feels directly inspired by Jackie Chan as a bumbling baffoon who hides his incredible skill behind his wacky physical comedy.

Oct 27, 2017
A Place Further Than The Universe 1-2
I can already see why this is so highly rated. Episodes went by in flash and the characters are fun and enjoyable to watch, it also looks stunning.

I really liked episode 2, particulary the Kabukichō part (or as I am most familiar with it in the Yakuza series, "Kamurocho"). I was expecting Kiryu to pop out and give the girls some life leasons in true Yakuza Sub Story fashion.

If anybody still hasn't watched it then I recommend you to drop everything and watch it. I am not even done with it and it feels like it will be one of the best animes I have ever watched.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
A Place Further Than The Universe 1-2
I really liked episode 2, particulary the Kabukichō part (or as I am most familiar with it in the Yakuza series, "Kamurocho"). I was expecting Kiryu to pop out and give the girls some life leasons in true Yakuza Sub Story fashion.

I would flip my fucking lid if Kiryu just started appearing in random anime or Majima popped out of a garbage bin

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Code Geass 2x04
I missed the reason why the Chinese guy killed the other Chinese guy. I don't think it matters, though.

Oct 27, 2017
I would flip my fucking lid if Kiryu just started appearing in random anime or Majima popped out of a garbage bin
Haha would be an amazing thing to witnesses.

Especially if Majima popped up in the background to stage an ambush for Kiryu so we see it happen while the main characters are talking about some random stuff.

Yakuza needs to be in everything.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Haha would be an amazing thing to witnesses.

Especially if Majima popped up in the background to stage an ambush for Kiryu so we see it happen while the main characters are talking about some random stuff.

Yakuza needs to be in everything.

the majima everywhere system extending out into other games is the only logical conclusion

can't wait for majima in smash

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Sarazanmai #02

A bit late to the party here, but re: criticisms of the fights being pointless/stale, don't Ikuni's first acts always play out like this? Premiere where you have absolutely no idea what's happening, then a run of several episodes that start establishing rhythm and pushing its characters forward, and then the real thematic meat hits. I remember being similarly baffled by Penguindrum #02 and Yurikuma #02, at the very least.

Oct 25, 2017
Ace of Diamond Act II Episode 4

So hard not being able to say anything after this episode (definitely felt more powerful and emotional than it was in the manga). My Sawamura.

Also was sad for Haruichi here, and Kanemaru as well. Kawakami should have had some screentime as well, he had to be feeling it as much as Eijun kun.

Wolfboy Okumura incoming though, my hype levels are through the roof! Ive been waiting for you for so long!

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i'm looking for some dumb comedies

so far i've seen Aho-Girl, Kill Me Baby, Asobi Asobase and at the minute i'm watching FMP Fumoffu

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Im 40 episodes into Fairy Tail and I'm really happy I gave this a shot. its very cliche and predictable but its such a chill/fun time that I don't mind it. also how god damn cute are the kid versions of each character!, even annoying ass Natsu was cute :P. Erza is also an awesome character.

don't know if ill make it to 300 episodes or not but ill definitely finish this first season.

I've been watching the show on and off for a couple years now and I really enjoy it in spurts.

BTW, you're about to hit a couple awesome arcs.

Fairy Tail is cheesy shounen fun to the max and at it's high points it's heartfelt and amazing.

Oct 27, 2017
i'm looking for some dumb comedies

so far i've seen Aho-Girl, Kill Me Baby, Asobi Asobase and at the minute i'm watching FMP Fumoffu
It is only two episodes but watch Angel Dentetsu. It is one of the funniest animes I have ever watched.
It is about a sweet boy who has a creepy face so it gets him into trouble. It is basically "misunderstanding" the anime.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
seems funimation had one last simuldub announcement

guess I will get around to watching some kappa.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Daily Lives Of High School Boys
mitsudomoe, just remember to skip the second half of the first ep
Daily Lives of HIgh School Boys

Ixion Saga DT
gdgd Men's Party
It is only two episodes but watch Angel Dentetsu. It is one of the funniest animes I have ever watched.
It is about a sweet boy who has a creepy face so it gets him into trouble. It is basically "misunderstanding" the anime.
- Konosuba
- B Gata H Kai
- Panty & Stalking

Just funny, pretty clean:
- Sabagebu!
- School Rumble
- My Wife is a Mermaid
- Barakamon

thanks guys, i'll give these a shot

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Demon Slayer 03

Now I just need to grit my teeth for when they're doing the Hunter Exam and then maybe something interesting will happen.

But the way they dealt with the sister I find pretty hilarious. 2 years over which the story didn't need her so she just fell asleep ? Is she going to wake up right when mc gets his badge too ?

reminder u dont have to watch opm s2, u can just not do that
But where else am I supposed to get my fill of deconstruction of shounen genre.
thanks guys, i'll give these a shot
All those recs and yet no Nichijou. Shamefurrr dispray. Also Arakawa Under the Bridge & D-Frag. The latter is not particularly exciting from the technical side though.
How is the second season of Konosuba btw?

It's one of the biggest S1 to S2 improvements I can think of. Worth a watch.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap Mob Psycho 100 is incredible. It's taken me a while to be this into an anime.

The anime is supposed to be better than the manga right?

Status
Not open for further replies.