• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
What are some good examples of a dead character's spirit/ghost/voice/mental representation/simulacrum hyping up another character in their mind and leading them to win a fight in anime?
Having newtype ghosts power the MC during the fight in the finale is almost de rigueur in Universal Century Gundam shows.
Sometimes it's even used for the enemies and not necessarily in just the finale.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Little Witch Academia s1 e6
Still chipping gradually away at this show

it's really not very good from a story/writing perspective, but there are still here and there some really astounding moments of animation, and it's got some just nice imaginative ideas.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i feel like my main problem is just the endless crapping on Akko.

I mean partially because Akko is garbage right now, but come on, let your protagonist be cool, show

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Akko is basically what it'd be like if Rock Lee couldn't even learn Taijutsu

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
the sad thing is i still like her, just apparently the show doesn't

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
LWA s1 e8
Okay this Suzy episode is by far the best ep so far. Loony Tunes unmitigated bullshit plus crazy animation

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
LWA s1 e11
This ep was beautiful. It felt weighty, and personal. And the music was brilliant.

OP
OP
BGBW

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I guess a new season is upon us....

*Checks AniChart*
*Sees art featuring only females*
*Reads description and sees "he"*
2KUXwEw.png

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
LWA s1 e12
Lmao Lotte browsing Witchipedia on her crystal ball

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
LWA s2 e13
well looks like we've entered into the 'time to get more serious about shit' arc and tbh i like it
. the direction is a lot better.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
LWA e17
Lmao whole thing turned into Dark Souls for a bit there.

Second half of the series really turning into an upturn for me.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
FRanXX 22:
Dafuq? This show makes no damn sense. It's like at story planning meeting, they were choosing what would happen based on a game of darts or one of those magic balls. It's absolutely amazing how much of a mess this show is.

Beatless ep.23:
Another show with the worst story direction possible. Who knows where they are going to go with the ending this fall. It's been a mess for awhile.....

SAO GGO Alt. ep.12:
This show is amazing. This "final" battle is complete and utter nonsense in the best possible way. This is great!

Hisone to Maso-tan ep.11
Ok, pure and utter nonsense. Like c'mon. The old lady, begging, the director's attitude, this is all nonsense.

Tokimeki Memorial Only Love ep.5-6
These old romcoms are a trip to watch and this one is no different. I mean, it's all just pure stupidness, but it's harmless fun that you can chill watching without having to think about it or even pay much attention to and still be entertained.

Black Bullet ep.5-6

This show has such and edgy dark side to it, I'm actually impressed that they pull it off and make it interesting. I'm also surprised this show hasn't gone full loli sleeze with all the little girls that are highlighted in the show.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Am I dumb for only now realising that Zero Two and the Klaxosaur princess fit in the red oni and blue oni trope?

Nope. I just "got it" as well, but it fits the utter nonsense of the show perfectly. They will all die and just Kokoro and Mits will survive and their
baby will bring in the new generation
. Maybe the new mama and papa can become real parents as well and really save humanity!

Last edited:

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
red demon blue demon is such a fuckin useful trope i swear to god

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
LWA e18
Man I fucking love that they gave the arc antagonist a dumb little thing like always eating instant noodles and then also managed to make it kinda threatening

I guess this episode the KLK/TTGL animators were getting bored and wanted to do work. lmao

/edit wow i wasn't expecting the parallels to be quite so accurate lol

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Googling a bit, it seems people were already talking about it as soon as the new OP aired.
Some even mention Hiro's blue horns but I don't think Hiro fits the calm, self-controlled archetype.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen this ever since the beginning when Hiro started dying after riding with 02, and got that blue lump on his chest. There were a lot of "blue oni theory" going around reddit at the time.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Gegege no Kitarou 13

Glad they took the story with how diamonds are only valuable because corporations sell and advertise them as valuables.
Greedy people and society got shat on again and the story has been condemning societies actions and it will go further going by the spooky forshadowing of last episode.
People hate Rat man but he's sorta like the Laughing Salesman if that guy was clueless, he's sorta only succesful when shitty people and yokai help him out and congregates those shitty entities to be destroyed by Kitarou.
Rat man is like a devil stand in who uses his knowledge for bad stuff and gets even more shitty but also innocent people involved, don't think anyone could stand this guy anymore if the people hadn't returned back to life.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
I gave up on Golden Kamuy after 3 episodes...wasn't really clicking. how is the rest of the season?

worth a binge watch?

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping for a 3rd season since it would adapt some of my favorite material from the LN. The movie will probably be all original material.

Still looking forward to it. Hopefully JC Staff keeps the off-model animation styles.

It's the same core staff despite being produced at JC Staff rather than DEEN, so I don't expect any major change in the way the anime is handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.