• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Secret Fawful

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I haven't watched Full Metal Panic since the 2000's. Do you think I should go back through FMP, Fumoffu, and The Second Raid before hitting up Invisible Victory or will I have an easy enough time getting back into the story?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hm, not much yet, actually. I haven't really looked much.

I'm most excited about Planet With, an original anime written by Satoshi Mizukami, who hasn't written a single bad story so far. (I've read Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, Sengoku Youko and Spirit Circle and they're all amazing).

Then there's:
Overlord III
Sirius the Jaeger
Hataraku Saibou
Grand Blue
I assume AoT will be good too, but I've yet to finish Season 2.

...And I just saw Angels of Death is getting an anime. I have the game on my Steam wishlist, maybe I'll buy it in the summer sale. I think I heard good things about it from our resident horror game encyclopedia Dusk Golem.

Thanks! Some of those look interesting so I'm adding them cause my Summer list was pretty light lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched Full Metal Panic since the 2000's. Do you think I should go back through FMP, Fumoffu, and The Second Raid before hitting up Invisible Victory or will I have an easy enough time getting back into the story?

If you can't remember the events of Second Raid you should at least refresh yourself on those. Invisible Victory doesn't bother to spend any time refreshing its audience on who any of the characters are and what the situation is.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
So I decided to look ahead at next season and yeah, wow, it looks like complete dogcrap:

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord
- Will be complete shit, hopefully, it is entertaining shit.

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
- Will be complete shit, hopefully, it is entertaining shit.

Banana Fish
- This actually sounds pretty interesting.

Island
- I've heard great things about the VN, so I'm really interested to see how it is.

Shichisei no Subaru
- uggh, hopefully it is entertaining at least.

High Score Girl
- Soundss like it could be fun and cute

The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar
- ugghh, hopefully it is entertaining at least.

Grand Blue
- This sounds like it could be fun

Secret Fawful

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Full Metal Panic 1

I don't remember this plot at ALL. The one thing I will say is I totally forgot how GOOD it looks. 4:3 aspect ratio anime look so great to me. A lot of them from this era really knew how to make use of space on the screen. Fullmetal Alchemist was also really good at this. The scale of the mechs in Sosuke's intro was really nice too. I forgot the show starts with an Arm Slave literally grabbing a chopper.

I also forgot Vic Mignogna was in this as Kurz. And that there was a joke about a condom. lol Blast from the past.

Also, there are a STUNNING amount of jokes about Sosuke taking guns to school that would never fly today. Holy shit.

Last edited:

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
VEBlmyg.jpg

Anime is saved. Praise be.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that stands out as probably the bloodiest fight in the entire series. Its not so much people getting chunked or eviscerated but just loads of blood and lacerations.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Hinomaru Zumou Anime - Main Cast revealed

-Staff-
  • General Director: Kounosuke Uda
  • Director: Yasutaka Yamamoto
  • Character Designer: Kii Tanaka
  • Studio: Gonzo
-Cast-
  • Hinomaru Ushio - (CV: Atsushi Abe)
  • Shinya Ozeki - (CV: Fukushi Ochiai)
  • Yuuma Gojou - (CV: Kentaro Kumagai)
  • Chihiro Kunisaki - (CV: Takuya Sato)
  • Kei Mitsuhashi - (CV: Ayumu Murase)
  • Kirihito Tsuji - (CV: Takuma Terashima)
http://hinomaru-zumou.com/teaser/

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Tokimeki Memorial Only Love ep.1-2
I have no idea WTF I just watched, but this is seriously some weird stuff. MC is a total dud so far, but they are still introducing all the characters, so I'll give him time.

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, that was fast, just 2 weeks from now? This announcement is so weird, out of nowhere considering how busy DP seems, and yet 1st episode is finished* already?

*i know they usually aren't complete and rushed for early airing for events but still

Domains and materials were registered in January. Director vanished from projects late last year too

Last edited:

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Domains and materials were registered in January.
Yeah I remember, its not that I doubted its existence eventually, it's just that it is unusual to announce something and suddenly air it in some event 2 weeks after, remember part 4 for example announced way before airing, while in this case its only 3 months, looks like they were working silently on it for a long time if episode 1 is finished already

That and DP seemd really busy

Oct 27, 2017
To those watching Dorei-ku, how close are they to adapting the whole manga/? Is next week the end or does it go beyond that?

It is very entertaining watching this series for some reason. Reminds me of Killing Bites but a bit less fun.

Anyway, Megalo Box hype!

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just to chime in with all the hype: HELL YES I AM HYPED FOR JOJO PART 5!

Knew there had to be an announcement incoming at some point, but was definitely not expecting it to be just a season away. Between that, the greatest arc of SAO and of course the continuing Attack on Titan, the Autumn season is looking to be absolutely on fire. Can't wait.

Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai 12

Don't you dare taunt me with a next episode title like that, show. I'm not having any of your bittersweet "we'll remember the time we spent together forever" endings. I will accept nothing less than Mitsuyoshi and Teresa confessing their love in front of the entire population of Larsenbourg, followed by Mitsuyoshi being crowned King while Alec marries Charles.

Anyway, this was a pretty effective shocking-reveals-followed-by-crippling-awkwardness-and-depression episode. Gotta kick 'em down before you lift 'em back up. I can get behind that. Just as long as you do lift 'em back up. It's all riding on next week's finale.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hisone to Masotan 11

Hisone a v. good girl. Too bad about the shitty world she lives in. Of course there's a dark secret.

Oh, and VORECEPTION!

Oct 27, 2017
Megalo Box

Next week will be Gearless Vs Gearless. Somebody called it earlier in the thread but I didn't think they will do it considering they repeatably said it is a pernament part of Yuri. Glad to see they didn't "anime it" by skipping over the consequences of removing it.

Interested to see if they pull a Tomorrow Joe or not because right now it sounds very likely considering Joe is pissing a lot of blood.

I can't wait for the finale.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Tada-kun ep.12
Yeah, this pretty much summarizes what I want to say. Pretty heart-wrenching episode....

Don't you dare taunt me with a next episode title like that, show. I'm not having any of your bittersweet "we'll remember the time we spent together forever" endings. I will accept nothing less than Mitsuyoshi and Teresa confessing their love in front of the entire population of Larsenbourg, followed by Mitsuyoshi being crowned King while Alec marries Charles.

Anyway, this was a pretty effective shocking-reveals-followed-by-crippling-awkwardness-and-depression episode. Gotta kick 'em down before you lift 'em back up. I can get behind that. Just as long as you do lift 'em back up. It's all riding on next week's finale.

Otaku Love-END
Fun show that I'm sad is over. I just wish there was some ind of story or plot to follow, instead we just got awkward otaku trying to have meaningful relationships, which was fun enough to follow.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dorei-ku 11

Jeez, wasn't expecting the big unstoppable villain dude to get completely overthrown by some loser we've never heard of before. Though I'm not complaining; the dude deserved a taste of his own medicine. Unfortunately the new slavemeister seems decidedly unhinged, so the rest of the characters probably aren't in a much better situation than they were before.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
funimation simudubs
https://www.funimation.com/blog/2018/06/21/summer-simuldub-lineup-just/

attack on titan season 3, MHA season 3, Black Clover, steinslgate0, overlord 3, kakuriyo bed and breakfast for spirits, how not to summon a demon lord, magical girl raising project, the master ragnarok and blesser of einherjar, angels of death, and more to come

it's weird to call a show from 2016 a simuldub (magical girl raising project) but w/e lol

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Megalo Box Episode 12:

I suppose getting rid of the Gear made sense since it wasn't like it was making the boxing any better or credible, what a fucking pointless detour of a plot device bit of tech this ended up being.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Megalo Box

Next week will be Gearless Vs Gearless. Somebody called it earlier in the thread but I didn't think they will do it considering they repeatably said it is a pernament part of Yuri. Glad to see they didn't "anime it" by skipping over the consequences of removing it.

Interested to see if they pull a Tomorrow Joe or not because right now it sounds very likely considering Joe is pissing a lot of blood.

I can't wait for the finale.
It can go the other way around , with Yuri messing up his body, finally finding a worthy opponent, and joe settles his score with him

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA

I'm already prepared for a kick in the dick ending next episode lol.

I would love a happy ending but a lot would have to happen for that to pass.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Megalo Box 12

Damn, that's some satisfying stuff. Great to see old antagonists returning to support both sides in preparation for the final showdown, and everyone finally coming to understand and appreciate each other's perspectives, even if they don't always align.

Do we even need the final match itself? Feels like everyone's already a winner in their hearts. But of course neither Joe nor Yuri would ever let this end without an incredible fight.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii 11 END

That didn't even feel like a final episode. It was just comfy and nice like any other episode. Not that that's a bad thing. It's a bit of a shame the show is over, though, I wanted to see more progress with otouto-kun and gamer girl.

Anyway, I can sum up this entire show in a single word: #goals

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Comic Girls 12 END

a sad chaos sensei is cute

a happy chaos sensei is beautiful

im gonna miss you chaos sensei

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
funimation simudubs

attack on titan season 3, MHA season 3, Black Clover, steinslgate0, overlord 3, kakuriyo bed and breakfast for spirits, how not to summon a demon lord, magical girl raising project, the master ragnarok and blesser of einherjar, angels of death, and more to come

it's weird to call a show from 2016 a simuldub (magical girl raising project) but w/e lol

Aw yes, Raising Project. I doubt this is a sign there's more to come on the anime front, but I want to hope so.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Megalobox 12
I guess the Yuri bit makes some sense, though the overall episode felt more like padding with some minor backstory story bits before the main fight.

Caligula 11
The more that gets revealed about the world the less interested in the show I am. Hopefully the end will justify the show as a whole, but I feel it'll end up being mediocre.

Oct 25, 2017
funimation simudubs

Wow nothing for me that is a non sequel. Where FREE at?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praying for the best for future reveals.

Status
Not open for further replies.