• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon (2019) 40

epB90vF.png

I love these two. Loved both of them had "I totally get what you are saying (doesn't understand at all)" moments with each other lol. Koharu noticing that Ash's personality has really rubbed off on Go is great, his development across the series so far has been good. The battle with Zapdos was neat and for a sec I thought Go was actually going to capture it, especially since they brought back the main theme for the climax of the fight. Overall really fun episode and damn can't believe it's already been 40.

Next week is one of those half and half episodes and those don't really do much. Excited for the Galar arc when it starts in 2 weeks.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Dragon Quest - 01-02
Guess that conclude the introduction phase of the series. While it's weird they confine the story around the island, it seems to work better here for Dai characterization. Wish they didn't tone down the gag though. In the manga, the comedic moments is basically similar to Dr. Slump and kid Goku phase Dragon Ball.

Next episode is when the actual story starts now that we've seen the 2 characters in the end.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Dog and Cat 02

It's true, loves love to go to bed with you, while cats have their zoomies >_>

Grand Blues! 01

Heh, transformation took up almost the whole "ep".

Akudama Drive 01

Got busy to check this out, and what a visual treat! I knew it would be Dangaronpa-ish, but didn't realize Bladerunner and Akira aesthetics were tossed in too! There's the iconic Kaneda bike nod, of course (and snarky remark on being a bad way to stop :p) What a visual treat! Glad this goes beyond hust a high school of ideas this time. ....and then it ends with some 999 :p

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Higurashi (09) 2
Rena you flipped for a bit there. Hahaha, she was in the house too. Now it's getting interesting. Wonder why they
killed the photographer.

Higurashi (09) 3
This is moving a lot faster than I expected. Going to make some guesses:
Keichi is Satoshi somehow and is reliving a sequence of time. Mion and Rena are possessed and trying to fight against their possession.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Jujutsu Kaisen Episode 2:

Okay, that was an impressive fight, short by shonen standards but still good. Though this series does have the misfortune of coming out at around the same time as Fire Force which is some next level shonen visuals.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I need to get back on Gintama especially considering the trailer for the final movie just released.

It's gonna be sad to see Gintama finally end anime wise....

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Higurashi (09) 4

So that's one story route, I guess. Not much explained but I'm intrigued enough. If the new anime is an entirely new story route, that's pretty cool.

Higurashi (09) 5,6
So it is a different story route. And the village is basically Midsommer. Got it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Yahsahime Episode 2:

More
nostalgia bait that also underscores how puny the new generation actually is and I suppose at this rate we will be getting Yura of the Hair around episode 7.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Jujutsu Kaisen - 01

This was a great 1st episode, really well paced and directed, if MAPPA can keep this up (and judging by the 2nd episode/ ED impressions they very well might) then this show will be huge.

Haikyuu!! To the Top! - 14

God I'm so happy this is back, Hinata's continual fuck ups had me rolling.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Bear Bear Bear Kuma (spinoff of the series).

HHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Oct 27, 2017
Nijigasaki | 2

So, the school idol club is disbanded and now it's time for our heroes to bring them back together! Lots of fun character interactions in this one. Hopefully it won't take 9 episodes for the whole team to get together like in the previous series.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Never saw the original Higurashi. It came out the same year that I was getting into anime so I heard of it, but I had enough on my plate with Haruhi, Death Note, Ouran, Code Geass, and others. I enjoyed the first episode of the 2020 version last week and haven't seen the second episode yet. I see there is some controversy surrounding the latest episode. Without spoilers, should I go back and watch the original series first?

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Never saw the original Higurashi. It came out the same year that I was getting into anime so I heard of it, but I had enough on my plate with Haruhi, Death Note, Ouran, Code Geass, and others. I enjoyed the first episode of the 2020 version last week and haven't seen the second episode yet. I see there is some controversy surrounding the latest episode. Without spoilers, should I go back and watch the original series first?

Probably.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yashahime 02

Setup of the girls meeting each other and introducing the rainbow pearls. ....please don't make the pearls burst into shards though :x Really curious on what happened with the parents, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Food Wars! The Fifth Plate Episode 9
Ej_bB8JXYAIlZJB

Epic episode look at Saiba Asahi go, Megumi stood no chance.

I still wish Takumi didn't have to go against Erina, would have been nice to go head to head with Soma,, would have been fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Food Wars Season 5 Episode 9 - END
Ej_s5C7WkAI5E3_

Best au.

Will miss this anime, will miss everyone. Epic final season. Best season probably.

Wish we could have got 5 more years of content.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Taizo Samurai Episode 1:

I was indeed expecting a sports anime but I was not expecting the bits where they spliced an episode of Naruto into the mix, probably one of the filler episodes at that.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
my yuri goggles must be broken because tabitabi wasn't giving me any yuri vibes, at least not ones to even think about taking seriously. it's hard to even call it bait when it's obviously not going to go anywhere

Don't think one guy has showed up yet but this is still early times.

it's kinda funny we can ask ourselves "does half of the species even exist" when we're watching some anime

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest Dai 2

Will continue watching and I'm expecting an okay series throughout at this point. Did not entirely feel the section where the action went 3D, was a bit distracting.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
my yuri goggles must be broken because tabitabi wasn't giving me any yuri vibes, at least not ones to even think about taking seriously. it's hard to even call it bait when it's obviously not going to go anywhere

it's kinda funny we can ask ourselves "does half of the species even exist" when we're watching some anime

It makes more sense when Lily Assault does it because they are in an all girls location.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Yashahime 2

I like the queer coding they are giving to Towa through herc clothe. The talk she had with her sister there was very clearly a good way to deliver a message of self expression and individualism....beyond fighting lol. Hope they have more subtext like that.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
SAO Alicization S2 23 (END)

"Kirito will return" lmao fuck off. I legit can't believe they go back to the Underworld and the tech has now surpassed the real world in a shorter amount of time and they also fought an eldritch horror for some reason. Why the hell is that even there, it's a damn virtual world, shit doesn't just appear.

Overall should you watch SAO Alicization?

lmao no

Series is still dumb as hell with some good portions. This may be the best SAO thing though? Not a high bar though. Series was at it's best in the first half where it was more isekai and Kirito and Eugeo could play off each other.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Yashahime 2

I get that the meme is "who fucked Sesshomaru, but seriously, "Papa Sota" and he has a biological child, which means that canonically, he had sex, which is not a reality I was expecting to live in

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Jujutsu Kaisen 2

I like the character designs of this show. I think MAPPA is doing a good job here. While I don't find the story groundbreaking, I think it's pretty entertaining.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jujutsu Kaisen is so fucking sick bruh. Definitely highlight of the season.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Akudama Drive 1

Holy smokes.
That was fucking sick. Great world building, great production, lots of style in this. Yeah I think that's definitely leading my season.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I was not ready for that Jujutsu Kaisen ED.

Amazing.

I'm enjoying Dai and Yashahime as well, but this one takes the cake this season thus far. MAPPA is on such a roll.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Higurashi (09) 7
Cracked up when Mion's VA is talking fairly calmly but the actual animation is going bonkers hahaha. This show is corny as and I don't particularly care about any of the characters. But it's a lot of fun to watch, I like the continuing twists and turns.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Healin' Good Pretty Cure 28

The relapse stuff had some good angst, though I'm not sure how I feel about Nodoka instantly getting better the moment the byogen leaves her body. Obviously she can't stay bedridden, but it feels like it cheapens the metaphor a bit. But aside from that I enjoyed this quite a bit. At first I thought the MOTW was basically Nodoka and Daruizen's kid (happy shipper time), but Daruizen coming from her long before and being the cause of her initial illness sure is something. Could be a big turning point for Nodoka's character and establishes Daruizen as the true main antagonist, no matter who the final boss may be.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Higurashi (09) 8
Nothing makes any sense. *Keeps watching*

Higurashi (09) 9
Just nuke this town. Burn the whole place to the ground. The whole place is literally cursed. Interesting that Rena is back on her crazy this arc. So she had previously been cursed but apparently "apologised" and was un-cursed. Wonder if that means Mion is in the clear this arc?

Someone needs to kill the doctor.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
DQ Dai 02

2 eps in and already another betrayal :p Just not as blatantly obvious. I guess the CG during action shots is going to keep being a thing. I like the art Toei used for this, but that CG just does NOT blend in well at all!

Jujutsu 02

I think I'm enjoying this more as an anime than the manga. MAPPA is doing great stuff with this. That END, I see why people were excited for it, it's so fresh!

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Don't think one guy has showed up yet but this is still early times.
I mean, one takes place at an all girls school and the other at a girls climbing competition.

It's be creepy for guys to come watch the climbing competition heh. The only guys there were staff and commentary.

Last edited:

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Assault Lily Bouquet episode 2

This show can't anymore yurier, could it?

Is the Order a Rabbit? Bloom episode 1

Nice to see you back girls. I've missed you.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Hi-Score Girl S2 featuring best dad Guile

Which has the more painful love triangle to sit through-this or Chiafuryu?

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Lelouch 12

Did that just happen....

I'm dying this show is crazy. She was going hard on that desk corner. This poor innocent child is better off being blind, loord.

Status
Not open for further replies.