• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oyashiro-Sama

Oct 27, 2017
WHY IN THE FUCK SOMEONE WOULD CREATE A GOBLIN SLAYER AMV WITH MOTHERFUCKING PAPA ROACH? ARE WE IN 2001?

I really hope that is a parody towards AMV's from the previous decade, otherwise I would laugh at the idea that out there, people are still making AMV's with Papa Roach, Evanescence, Creed and the likes

It may have been their last resort...

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Gridman-9
yUzl5xll.jpg

Whoever was the episode director is way too good to be working on this show. The plot is just clearly spinning its wheels but whoever was responsible for stuff like the storyboards and layouts this week went next level. This was by far the best looking and directed episode of the show. Parts were up to Anno standards and other parts were Shinbo derived such as the coloring.

Oct 25, 2017
Gridman-9

Whoever was the episode director is way too good to be working on this show. The plot is just clearly spinning its wheels but whoever was responsible for stuff like the storyboards and layouts this week went next level. This was by far the best looking and directed episode of the show. Parts were up to Anno standards and other parts were Shinbo derived such as the coloring.

This was the storyboarding debut of Kai Ikarashi, a talented young animator who started out as an in-betweener at Trigger.

Oct 25, 2017
Gridman 09

Very good looking episode but I can't muster a shit for any story or character moments, so worse then that one good episode of Franxx

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Gridman is surely karmic repayment for you people shitting on first ~7 eps of Franxxx.

Forgive us our sins Nishigori.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Radiant 9

So next week's episode is also filler. All in all more than half the series will have been filler by that point, it's mind blowing.

Today's episode was also pretty simplistic and kinda spelled everything out for you 'look there are good and bad people in the inquisition!', in case you're too dense to figure it out by yourself during the next arc.

On the other hand it's starting to set things up for that next arc, we're starting to hear about the town and some of the issues there. My dude Grimm showed up towards the end as well. Voiced by Takehito Koyasu (DIO) haha

I think they could have perfectly transitioned from the end of this episode to the next arc given all of that, but instead we're getting a broom race next week.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Aikatsu Friends Episode 34

Cute Aine episode... Lots and lots of funny moments too XD. I really like how Aine as a character is much developed & independent now.

why can't they give her a new song. I mean op 1 is nice and all but gosh.....

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Zombieland and Gridman are both just alright in my opinion.

I don't think either show uses its cast of characters effectively.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
So Gridman apparently sucks. Add it to the list I guess.

My super-robot loving soul was already beaten to a pulp, but after that soulless first episode hearing this is just them digging up the grave and beating it even further.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
So Gridman apparently sucks. Add it to the list I guess.

My super-robot loving soul was already beaten to a pulp, but after that soulless first episode hearing this is just them digging up the grave and beating it even further.
I'm not really sure how you got to that conclusion. Does it suck because it tries to imitate Anno's direction?

Latest episode was good and while I think the pacing has been kind of abysmal so far, the show has been doing a decent job on the mystery aspect at the very least. Honestly, it feels far from Franxx, where the things to dislike far outweighed anything decent about it.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
Release the Spyce 8
Maybe this is just me, but I found this episode to feel off for some reason. Between the editing feeling sub-par and the point the various stories are at the moment, this just felt like something out of a worse show. Ever since they've introduced this girl from Hatsune's past, I feel Release the Spyce has been misfiring whenever its the focus, and this feels like it was kind of the breaking point for me. What should've come off as a charming pastiche of ninja cliches, viking jokes, and some good ol' espionage action, I was left unmoved and bored by it. I know I'm close to the end and I should just finish it, but my enthusiasm has just plummeted off a cliff for this show, and I feel that's a real shame because there's a lot its still doing right, but it feels like its lost its way. It's bad when watching it that I find my mind wandering thinking about Yuki Yuna is a Hero and how much better both seasons of that are than this.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind Vento Aureo 9
Boy, that felt like a somewhat clunky wrap-up to the Polpo's fortune arc, but if it gets us into an arc that presents us with a set up that more directly puts the team in conflict with a bunch of Stand members, I'll take the somewhat awkward first-half pivot. That said, I really like Trish's design and personality; Araki seems to have a penchant for creating striking female designs as rare as they are in JoJo. The second half was a nice escalation to seeing Narancia finally get pushed far enough to lose his cool, and it displays Araki's trademark "give the idiot a clearly OP Stand." Aerosmith looks great, particularly because of the excellent shading that makes the CG look much more in line with the show's visual style. I have to wonder how many members there are of this team of hitmen, because that will probably create a clear picture of how long this particular arc is due to last.

Today's Menu for the Emiya Family 12
A fun little Christmas episode, one punctuated by a silly action sequence and Berserker making a flashy entrance. The food seemed to take a bit more of backseat than I would've like this time around, but I think that's fine given that this took the time to showcase some stuff the show hasn't done before. I do wonder if this was indeed the finale, because it didn't feel like it. My guess is there might be one more coming during the annual end of year Fate stream, but I've no proof of that at the moment.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So far I'm not feeling JoJo part 5, I kinda like the cast, but I don't care that much for them, isn't like part 4 where everyone was so charming that even though the plot was not an epic story about saving the world, you still wanted to watch it weekly, but here the "monster of the week" formula isn't at all. At least in part 3 there was still the feeling of an epic adventure that justified the appearence of the 1 episode villian

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
SAO Alicization 09

Kawahara's only villain idea, "Make him a huge creep", rears its ugly head here again.

SSSS.Gridman 09

Really good direction this episode. Made me feel some pretty serious feelings.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
I finally watched Tokyo Godfathers last night and loved it. Was wondering, is there an easy way in the U.S. to watch Millennium Actress or Paranoia Agent?

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on SAO: Alicization and I'm enjoying it unironically. The goblin fight (lol this season) in episode 4? was amazing.

The funniest thing about SAO is that the bad guys are so over the top evil. Like they're designed to look unmistakenly bad. Creepy perverts with evil eyes and douchey expressions. Every single one of them is like that.

Also, is this going to be a 2 cour series or more? Reddit says it'll be like 50 something episodes which is nuts.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on SAO: Alicization and I'm enjoying it unironically. The goblin fight (lol this season) in episode 4? was amazing.

The funniest thing about SAO is that the bad guys are so over the top evil. Like they're designed to look unmistakenly bad. Creepy perverts with evil eyes and douchey expressions. Every single one of them is like that.

Also, is this going to be a 2 cour series or more? Reddit says it'll be like 50 something episodes which is nuts.

Yes, it'll be 50 episodes since the LN arc has 12 volumes to be adapted and even then they still are cutting many things.

When in doubt, go for robots and ditch the idols.

I'll always go for idols first sorry.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Actually wait people on my twitter feed are saying Gridman is good.

There's kind of a weird cognitive dissonance here. People on my TL have been super enthusiastic about the show but people here I'm noticing a general sense of apathy.

Huh.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Gridman 9
Interesting to see Akane's actual dream for her world as opposed to what it's become. Visually one of the most striking episodes so far. Hopefully the story can at least stick the landing in the home stretch.

Goblin Slayer 9
The final encounter was pretty interesting and an overall smart idea to wrap things up. The twist was wholly unsurprising as it's been telegraphed the entire arc. I also think that while the show can do some good work with showing the effects of PTSD, the scene with the Sword Maiden felt mostly awkward and ham-fisted, especially given Goblin Slayer's past an the Maiden's actions toward him during the arc.

Oct 25, 2017
Actually wait people on my twitter feed are saying Gridman is good.

There's kind of a weird cognitive dissonance here. People on my TL have been super enthusiastic about the show but people here I'm noticing a general sense of apathy.

Huh.

Perhaps this is me being a bit of a pedant, but "cognitive dissonance" as a term refers to when one person simultaneously holds two contradictory beliefs. Since you're referring here to two groups of different people, it wouldn't really apply to this situation (unless you're saying you have cognitive dissonance yourself because you are finding it difficult to reconcile your belief that people here are correct in their assessment of anime with your belief that people on your Twitter feed are correct in their assessment of anime).

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, thats like more story than all of Sword Art Online so far. I hope it doesn't feel drawn out.

I haven't watched the last two episodes of Gridman yet but I've enjoyed it so far. Hyped about catching up.

Status
Not open for further replies.