• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
i preordered one on best buy

I really want it but i'm not sure if I need it

but now I can choose later.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Time to order a special Switch console to never open. I did at one point own 2 Mario Odyssey Switches, but I took one back. And those things un-opened are like $600.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Oh god, I don't need it but I do want it so bad. The colors look great and if this is the new revision one than I think I'll cave and get this to replace my OG Switch.

Oct 27, 2017
I want this real bad.
I see Gamestop will take my Switch for $200 but I also see an extra 10% trade in on any item. Does anybody know if this stacks?

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
my switch is fucking ugly compared to this. it disgusts me. seriously considering trashing it and buying this new one.

dsripley

Sep 24, 2019
I want this real bad.
I see Gamestop will take my Switch for $200 but I also see an extra 10% trade in on any item. Does anybody know if this stacks?

Both of those deals say "Cannot be combined with any other offer" so I don't think you can stack them. Currently trying to figure out if I should go the Gamestop route too. I was ready to make the purchase and then realized I don't think you can pick up the AC Switch in store, it has to be shipped to a house... so now I'm rethinking again.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
it looks great, but I would need a sleeve with the exact same image on it before buying one, or else I would just cover the dock with my current sleeve, which would hide away that sweet art.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Fuck I just noticed this was trending on Twitter.

My pre-order I made 15 minutes ago is going to get canceled, isn't it

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
So nice, I want it but I have become so much more responsible with my money now there's no way I can buy it already owning one. Though if I think long enough I might find a loophole.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This is straight-up the best-looking videogame system ever produced.

It really is in that top tier. The only thing keeping me from saying that is that I think the console itself should be that same off-white color as the base. Because I'm picturing mixing a Switch that has that color with other Joycons, like the pink and green ones.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
source.gif

I want it, but I don't need it, sob.

That is beyond gorgeous.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing has had some nice special edition consoles.

3DS XL

Animal-Crossing-3DS-XL-Closed-Side-By-Side.jpg

2DS

1587218142_w640_h640_new-nintendo-2ds.jpg

zzibwhv1n3b11.jpg
The white New 3DS that came with Happy Home Designer looked great too, if you swapped the Isabelle faceplates for the other pair that it came with:

2f18a49710da8b8e14e7eb0a2f79a96e.jpg

It paired very nicely with the colored ABXY buttons that the system had.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I've been planning to get a new Switch with the better battery and mod my old one. With the news that there won't be a new Switch model this year, I think this will be my new system.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
The Switch is up on Target for preorder, along with the carrying case. I canceled my BB order for Target.

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch---animal-crossing--new-horizon-special-edition/-/A-79494599

If you have a Red Card that'll save you 5%. I'm getting the game from there as well, for the journal. :)

Is this the case you're referring to?

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-s...arrying-case-38-screen-protector/-/A-79493986

I already preordered my Switch from Best Buy, so I'm going to need another screen protector, and this comes with one. I wish it said what kind it is, but I'm guessing it's not tempered glass. Might still bite because the case is so adorable.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Is this the case you're referring to?

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-s...arrying-case-38-screen-protector/-/A-79493986

I already preordered my Switch from Best Buy, so I'm going to need another screen protector, and this comes with one. I wish it said what kind it is, but I'm guessing it's not tempered glass. Might still bite because the case is so adorable.
Yup, that's the one. There's also a Lite version.

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-s...arrying-case-38-screen-protector/-/A-79493987