• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2019
Hello everyone, I have some DIY dupes if anyone wants them:

Bamboo doll
Bamboo speaker
Birdcage
Butter churn
Coconut juice

Coconut juice
Golden arowana model
Golden dishes
Iron doorplate
Iron hanger stand
Ironwood low table
Jungle flooring
Light bamboo rug
Pan flute
Peach chair
Peach chair
Pear rug
Rocking horse
Shell wand
Stack of books
Stone table
Stone table
Terrarium
Tropical vista
Windflower fan
Wooden full-lenght mirror
Wooden low table
Wooden simple bed
Wooden-block table

Just shoot me a PM if you want one or two or all! :)

Last edited:

asun

Nov 10, 2017
As I'm a bit of a packrat, I now have a bunch of furniture, clothes, fossils, and DIYs (also flowers).

Taking inspiration from my villagers, I'm thinking of gifting random stuff to folks!

If you want goodies, DM me! You can ask for a random assortment from a particular category or from any category. Let me know!

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After nearly 2 months I finally have a home stove and can get started on building a proper kitchen. How a stove of all things alluded me so long I don't know. Thank you Joltik.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I find arcade and diner areas much more suitable for outside. I've made a very small area with the arcade machines. Basically incorporated in it's surroundings. I wanted it to be there but not too on the nose. A diner area will follow in the future in a different spot on the island.

UpKJLH4.jpg
I think it depends on the island that you're going for. I'm going for a more rustic rural town rather than a bustling city, so I don't want to have a lot of electronics, flashy lights, and noise outside.

I will say though, trying to make a full-fledged diner/arcade inside is a bit of challenge because of the boundaries. Outside, you can keep extending the size of the area to fit everything you want.

Anyway, I rearranged things last night, and I think a diner/arcade should work for my basement. :). I just need to order everything that I have cataloged already.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
Free DIY's and Meteor Shower and Celeste

This is going on now. Feel free to come and get your 20 stars and take any of the DIYs at my entrance. I've posted this elsewhere so it might take a few tries to get in, but I'll keep my system running for hours.

Dodo code:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
My island's still a work in progress, but feel free to explore. There are mannequins everywhere since I'm moving my rocks. All of my villagers are at the very top of the island and Clay is crafting a signpost.

Make sure you leave through the airport when you're done so no one else gets booted!

Last edited:

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Finally paid off my final home loan because with 45 million in the bank from weekly turnip trading, why not?

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is going on now. Feel free to come and get your 20 stars and take any of the DIYs at my entrance. I've posted this elsewhere so it might take a few tries to get in, but I'll keep my system running for hours.

Dodo code: [Hidden content]

My island's still a work in progress, but feel free to explore. There are mannequins everywhere since I'm moving my rocks. All of my villagers are at the very top of the island and Clay is crafting a signpost.

Make sure you leave through the airport when you're done so no one else gets booted!
Your island looked amazing. Thank you.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017

Dodo code: [Hidden content]

My island with Celeste and meteor showers is still open.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a Goliath Beetle. I've seen them before but it was always as I was running around so they instantly got scared away. 😂

I ended up using the old mystery island trick of getting rid of all trees, rocks and flowers.... except for the palm trees. Finally got one after around a half-hour.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Question.

Can you TT a few hours backwards to extend the time someone is in boxes?
As in, don't let it proceed to the next day ingame.

Linius

Apr 2, 2020
I think it depends on the island that you're going for. I'm going for a more rustic rural town rather than a bustling city, so I don't want to have a lot of electronics, flashy lights, and noise outside.

I will say though, trying to make a full-fledged diner/arcade inside is a bit of challenge because of the boundaries. Outside, you can keep extending the size of the area to fit everything you want.

Anyway, I rearranged things last night, and I think a diner/arcade should work for my basement. :). I just need to order everything that I have cataloged already.

Yeah absolutely, it won't really fit in everyone's island depending on the style you're going with. I also don't wanted it to be big or too visible so I just kept it small in an area that made sense to me. I want to keep that village feel myself as well. Some forest/parks/shopping areas but no big city vibes with patterns and such.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I've played AC every day since launch, and I've never seen a falling star. Mind you, I rarely play after 6-7pm, so it makes sense, but Isabelle has never mentioned falling stars either.

If Celeste shows up, does that mean there will be falling stars for sure?

Last edited:

Linius

Apr 2, 2020
Yeah the ones Isabelle announces are very rare to have. Although it's a bit odd you haven't even seen a single one since launch, that would make you the king of RNG bad luck if you indeed played every single day since launch. So far I've had two. And every now and then when I play in the evenings I see some random falling stars in short bursts. But these come in such low numbers that it's not really doable to rely on those. You can miss them easily, even if you play in the evening.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Merengue is on boxes already + large amount of tickets

looking for any of this villagers (Marshall, Judy, Ankha, Bob, Lolly, Raymond).

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017

I'm interested and have Ankha, but I don't know how to get her to move. Doesn't it just come up in their random dialogue at some point?

Edit: nevermind. Wife changed her mind lol. Good luck though! Merengue is a popular one!

Last edited:

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I've played AC every day since launch, and I've never seen a falling star. Mind you, I rarely play after 6-7pm, so it makes sense, but Isabelle has never mentioned falling stars either.

If Celeste shows up, does that mean there will be falling stars for sure?
After figuring out my island's weather seed I learned so much about weather.

Falling stars happen a bunch of days per month, but 9 out of 10 times it's after 10 pm. That last one is the rare 9 pm one.
You get 5 stars in one minute on times down to the second that are unique to your weather seed. If you would time travel to that minute over and over it would always give you the five stars on those exact seconds.
For random "light falling stars" those minutes happen about three to five times in an hour. So a couple of different minutes during the whole hour. Blink and you'll miss it basically. Too bad if you were inside during those specific minutes!

Meteor showers are extremely rare. I had one during the first week of May and my next one is in August or maybe September, I can't remember which month exactly. But that's it. That single one is what I have for the rest of the year. I just did the seed check for my partner's island and he will get three more meteor showers but that's still over a six month period.

During meteor showers you get 5 or 8 stars per minute and it happens about 20 times in an hour, if not more. I don't exactly remember and I don't have access to the site atm. But they are extremely common.

Celeste picks a day where you have falling stars, and those days are frequent enough that you should be able to meet her once per week or so. So her presence means falling stars but we're talking 15 stars in an hour and after 9 or 10 pm (she arrives at 7 pm, which is when meteor showers start).

So it's not strange to never have seen a falling star if you don't play past 9 pm since those meteor showers are so very rare!

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Used Ninji's tool to figure out the weather seed for my island.
I will have one single meteor shower for the rest of the year. Ouch!
Wow. Meanwhile I've had two meteor showers in the last three weeks.

Learned the hard way that if you have a camper visiting your island and a meteor shower on the same day, Isabelle will only announce the camper lol

edit: Okay I think I found my seed on that list and uuuugh I have so much more rain coming this month. I'm so damn sick of rain in this game lol

hQLjZMu.png
Like look at this nonsense. Fuck off

Last edited:

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Don't need a tool to know that my island gets more rain than BotW and meteor showers so relentless I've long since stopped wishing on stars. Pruning dozens of flowers growing like weeds after a rain is basically part of my morning routine

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, after starting trying to transfer the villager leaving thought bubble with Pekoe asking to leave on Sunday, it's now been three days in a row of Punchy asking to leave. I guess that's just a weird quirk of the RNG?

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, after starting trying to transfer the villager leaving thought bubble with Pekoe asking to leave on Sunday, it's now been three days in a row of Punchy asking to leave. I guess that's just a weird quirk of the RNG?

Naw cause the villagers asking to leave are NOT RNG there's math behind it based on a bunch of factors. The only for sure thing is that if you asked them not to leave the last time they won't ask the next time

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Naw cause the villagers asking to leave are NOT RNG there's math behind it based on a bunch of factors. The only for sure thing is that if you asked them not to leave the last time they won't ask the next time
Oh yeah I know about that and how friendship levels are slightly factored into it, I just meant how the game picked the same villager three days in a row. Every day is supposed to be a new "roll" to pick which villager to go, right?

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
After figuring out my island's weather seed I learned so much about weather.

Falling stars happen a bunch of days per month, but 9 out of 10 times it's after 10 pm. That last one is the rare 9 pm one.
You get 5 stars in one minute on times down to the second that are unique to your weather seed. If you would time travel to that minute over and over it would always give you the five stars on those exact seconds.
For random "light falling stars" those minutes happen about three to five times in an hour. So a couple of different minutes during the whole hour. Blink and you'll miss it basically. Too bad if you were inside during those specific minutes!

Meteor showers are extremely rare. I had one during the first week of May and my next one is in August or maybe September, I can't remember which month exactly. But that's it. That single one is what I have for the rest of the year. I just did the seed check for my partner's island and he will get three more meteor showers but that's still over a six month period.

During meteor showers you get 5 or 8 stars per minute and it happens about 20 times in an hour, if not more. I don't exactly remember and I don't have access to the site atm. But they are extremely common.

Celeste picks a day where you have falling stars, and those days are frequent enough that you should be able to meet her once per week or so. So her presence means falling stars but we're talking 15 stars in an hour and after 9 or 10 pm (she arrives at 7 pm, which is when meteor showers start).

So it's not strange to never have seen a falling star if you don't play past 9 pm since those meteor showers are so very rare!
Oh thanks for the info! I'll have to figure out my weather seed some time this weekend.

I may have to set my clock 2 hours ahead or something in order to get some star fragments.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

Not sure you saw my post yesterday, and probably still a long shot, but I'm still interested in hosting Merengue. I know I don't have any of the villagers you're looking for, but I have many other things I can offer.

Last edited:

someday

Oct 25, 2017
Can you move a villager's house when they're just moving in and still unpacking? Audie is coming tomorrow and I'd love to be able to have her house set up in a different spot asap.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
what are the large scale models of bugs and fish?

i have the atlas moth and queen alexandra birdwing and those are really big, which is good.

but agrias and emperor are small.

so is sturgeonfish, which i had made a while ago. any big fish? any other big bugs?
i dont want to be wasting time on tiny models, necessarily.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Well, fate was on my side today because I still managed to find Merengue anyway. I had to let go of Bruce, and he got voided despite me really trying to find him a new home and that sucks, but I just couldn't pass up on a good offer for Merengue, since she's been on my ultimate fave list since day one. I would have preferred to let go of Carmen instead of Bruce, but he was my 2nd choice and bound to leave sooner or later anyway.

j3aMFIf.jpg

Now I'm only truly missing Raymond I guess. This one is probably gonna take a while though, and I'll probably host a wide array of villagers while looking for him. I'll see how this goes.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
anyone able to sell me an aquamarine Diner Counter Table? I'll pay retail value and i have about 15 DIYs im about to get rid of, so you can look through that too. Ive got a handful of fossils if ypu need any, i dont suspect most need this, but i have. I have the red diner counter table, but i want the blue(labeled aquamarine).

what are the large scale models of bugs and fish?

i have the atlas moth and queen alexandra birdwing and those are really big, which is good.

but agrias and emperor are small.

so is sturgeonfish, which i had made a while ago. any big fish? any other big bugs?
i dont want to be wasting time on tiny models, necessarily.

Im going to make the Goliath Beetle model next time flick shows up. I hope its big.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Yeah, a real evil RNG god. It makes a new roll but it might as well land on the same. It has only 8 to pick from after all.
The last person you asked to stay and the last one to move in will not get the bubble.

One time my bubble got stuck on Ken and Gonzo for days (my BFFs that have been with me the longest) so I gave up and asked Ken to stay to take him out of the pool. That creates a five day cooldown for the bubble but it was gonna pick them for days anyway it seemed. Got Gonzo again the next time but then it jumped to one I needed.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Hey all, anyone interested in trading Diy's?

I've got:
- Steel frame wall
- Large Cardboard boxes X2
- Bamboo Wall
- Beekeepers hive
- Peach Hat
- Mountain Standee
- Stone lion-dog
- Bone doorplate
- Stone wall
- signpost
- birdbath
- Simple DIY workbench
- Wooden simple bed
- Boomerang
- Unglazed dish set
- Leaf Campfire
- Tree's Bounty lamp
- Acorn pochette
- Pine bonsai tree
- mush wall X2

and I'm looking for these maple recipes:
- Bounty Big Tree
- Bounty Arch
- Maple Leaf Pochette
- Maple leaf umbrella
or the ironwood stuff.

Maaka

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all, anyone interested in trading Diy's?

I've got:
- Steel frame wall
- Large Cardboard boxes X2
- Bamboo Wall
- Beekeepers hive
- Peach Hat
- Mountain Standee
- Stone lion-dog
- Bone doorplate
- Stone wall
- signpost
- birdbath
- Simple DIY workbench
- Wooden simple bed
- Boomerang
- Unglazed dish set
- Leaf Campfire
- Tree's Bounty lamp
- Acorn pochette
- Pine bonsai tree
- mush wall X2

and I'm looking for these maple recipes:
- Bounty Big Tree
- Bounty Arch
- Maple Leaf Pochette
- Maple leaf umbrella
or the ironwood stuff.

I have the ironwood clock, cart, and table if you'd like them for the leaf campfire, pine bonsai tree, and mush wall?

Last edited:

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
been doing a lot of trading this past week and it's hilarious how many people have the same ritual, myself included

greetings > drop item/payment > text thanks > joy

Nov 25, 2019
Hey, Redd's here with a Fake Moving Painting and a Fake Wistful Painting (Haunted). Quote me if interested.

I got a blue windflower so I can start breeding for the remaining windflower colors. One more step towards getting all flowers!

Status
Not open for further replies.