• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
How much space do you guys allocate to your villager homes? I finally started decorating mine and I'm a bit frustrated. I have all these elaborate ideas but they would take up so much space, and I don't want half my island just being villager yards. I wanted to make a desert for Ankha with sand, Egyptian themed items and an oasis with palm trees but quickly scrapped the idea. It would need too much space, and moving houses and landscaping takes forever and I can't be bothered. Now all my villager houses have very small areas but you can do so little with these small spaces. Still, I try decorating them to somewhat suit the villager's personality and/or design.

Here's Ruby > Rosie > Ankha:
unbenanntp6kfm.jpg

These look somewhat empty but if you add even one more 1x1 item, you won't be able to reach the chairs anymore.

Molly > Sherb:
ebdcjz9u4aeqb65mvrk90.jpg
ebdcj0fu0aarqttmvgj7y.jpg

Molly watered the gold roses today, apparently she doesn't know they don't clone! She just moved in so I can't give her gifts yet but she'll get the Tree Branch Wreath.

And Apollo, he gets more space because he is my favorite villager, he is the best! His home is simple and secluded because he said that's what he likes:
ebdxeliuyaab5svmn0kf6.jpg

Last edited:

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
She would need to have an empty plot to pick up the villager from your island when they are packing up.
You would need to have an empty plot to pick them back up.
You can recruit the villager back, but you need an empty plot for it. You can't force a resident out from your island without the campsite.

so im going to have to time it right to get the resident back on the original island.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god! I lost the game to get Whitney a random camper and I reset it when I did it. Does this mean she won't move in?

EDIT: NEVER MIND! My game autosaved after I put my plot(it didn't do this after I put my new plot the first few times before). I asked her to move and she accepted without having to play any dumb games to win her or her items.

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Oh my god! I lost the game to get Whitney a random camper and I reset it when I did it. Does this mean she won't move in?

No, you just need to persevere. The card game mechanic is honestly an annoying one in my opinion, because it's just a waste of time, truly. But at the end of the day, you just need to talk to her, over and over and over again, and keep asking her to move in, and keep playing her games hoping you'd win, but if you lose, back to talking to her over and over and over again, until you either win a game and she agrees to move in, or she just agrees to moving in when you ask her, skipping the card game entirely.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
No, you just need to persevere. The card game mechanic is honestly an annoying one in my opinion, because it's just a waste of time, truly. But at the end of the day, you just need to talk to her, over and over and over again, and keep asking her to move in, and keep playing her games hoping you'd win, but if you lose, back to talking to her over and over and over again, until you either win a game and she agrees to move in, or she just agrees to moving in when you ask her, skipping the card game entirely.
Ah okay. I thought I had to keep reseting the game(see edit from my previous post). I do agree this card mini-game is dumb. Never was a fan of games of chances.

Anyway before I asked Whitney to come live permanently on the island, Monique asked to leave the island since she's also a snooty villager and same subtype as Whitney...and I let her go.

Gonna be honest, even if she's probably isn't the most popular cat villager, I still have a soft-spot for her and she had a nice house too. I even got her photo a week ago.

I'm gonna miss her. :(

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
How much space do you guys allocate to your villager homes? I finally started decorating mine and I'm a bit frustrated. I have all these elaborate ideas but they would take up so much space, and I don't want half my island just being villager yards. I wanted to make a desert for Ankha with sand, Egyptian themed items and an oasis with palm trees but quickly scrapped the idea. It would need too much space, and moving houses and landscaping takes forever and I can't be bothered. Now all my villager houses have very small areas but you can do so little with these small spaces. Still, I try decorating them to somewhat suit the villager's personality and/or design.

unbenanntp6kfm.jpg

These look somewhat empty but if you add even one more 1x1 item, you won't be able to reach the chairs anymore.

Molly > Sherb:
ebdcjz9u4aeqb65mvrk90.jpg
ebdcj0fu0aarqttmvgj7y.jpg

Molly watered the gold roses today, apparently she doesn't know they don't clone! She just moved in so I can't give her gifts yet but she'll get the Tree Branch Wreath.

And Apollo, he gets more space because he is my favorite villager, he is the best! His home is simple and secluded because he said that's what he likes:
ebdxeliuyaab5svmn0kf6.jpg

Yeah I feel the island should've been bigger I just come to accept that some villgers will just have more real estate.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My villagers have one flower and a fence slapped around their houses and they'll be gosh darn happy about it. Admittedly I have been thinking about maybe spacing the houses out more, but I also really like the main part of my island being a bit of a bustling hub where most of them wander around and having everything centralized there while the rest of the island is other stuff.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
Another thing that I think would'v been beneficial in dealing with space on the island if you had the option to limit how many villagers can live on it. I know people wish they can have more villagers but I'd be happy with just 5.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Another thing that I think would'v been beneficial in dealing with space on the island if you had the option to limit how many villagers can live on it. I know people wish they can have more villagers but I'd be happy with just 5.

I mean you pretty much have to have 8 if you care at all about getting all the reactions and DIYs, especially if you're playing offline.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
Spent 4 hours late last night decorating my house (I'd only decorated 1 of the 6 rooms before).

No HHA letter today. wtf

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Update on my villagers:

MRnu8ZK.jpg

Pretty satisfied right now to be honest. Managed to let go of Carmen (she got invited to another island, pretty happy she didn't get voided) and invited Nightz's Rosie instead, that they kindly let me snatch from them! I'm now gonna slow down a bit in terms of villagers, for now, until I get all 5 photos I'm currently missing. Then I'll see what my next move is gonna be!

Last edited:

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
This might have already been well known, but I did not expect that villagers would actually play the K.K. song you gift them in their house. I mean, they do say that they'll give it a listen, but I was didn't think I would enter my villager's house and not hear Ragtime, but Cruisin'.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
This weather tracker is awesome. Tells me.the exact second that shooting stars will appear.

I hope someone is working on an app that can track town visitors. Would love to know when characters like Celeste or Wisp are wandering around.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This weather tracker is awesome. Tells me.the exact second that shooting stars will appear.

I hope someone is working on an app that can track town visitors. Would love to know when characters like Celeste or Wisp are wandering around.

Celeste and Wisp are completely random apparently. There is no way to track them.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden

Wisp I have no idea about but you can check for Celeste via the weather tracker! If you have light showers tonight and on Thursday for example, she'll be on your island on one of those days. I'm not sure if she picks a random shower day at or if she shows up on the first one each week but she'll only be there on shower days.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wisp I have no idea about but you can check for Celeste via the weather tracker! If you have light showers tonight and on Thursday for example, she'll be on your island on one of those days. I'm not sure if she picks a random shower day at or if she shows up on the first one each week but she'll only be there on shower days.

According to Ninji it's completely random if she decides to show up on days that have the appropriate pattern or not.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
So I think I've got my weather seed right this time. I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow.

It turns out I am the unluckiest person ever, as there has never been a heavy meteor shower on my island since the game launched! Also, the next one will be in October! 😭 That's a 6 month gap between them. Is it normal to only have 4(!!!) per year?!

Last edited:

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
According to Ninji it's completely random if she decides to show up on days that have the appropriate pattern or not.
This is what I have seen from them about Celeste and Wisp:
"Celeste appears on days with meteor shower weather patterns (if you get more than one in a week, she'll pick a random one), and is totally separate.
Wisp just picks a random day"
So it's at least one time per week for Celeste. Others have said multiple times in a week for Wisp but I rarely check after 8 pm nowadays so I have not been double checking that with my TTing.
Thing is I have hopped around a lot and Celeste keeps picking the first shower day of the week, so wasn't sure it was actually random. But I think my RNG god just has a wonky dice then. :D

Bedraggle

May 6, 2020
Lots of villagers talking to me about a big event coming up soon, so hopefully an Animal Crossing update video for July isn't to far away now

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is what I have seen from them about Celeste and Wisp:
"Celeste appears on days with meteor shower weather patterns (if you get more than one in a week, she'll pick a random one), and is totally separate.
Wisp just picks a random day"
So it's at least one time per week for Celeste. Others have said multiple times in a week for Wisp but I rarely check after 8 pm nowadays so I have not been double checking that with my TTing.
Thing is I have hopped around a lot and Celeste keeps picking the first shower day of the week, so wasn't sure it was actually random. But I think my RNG god just has a wonky dice then. :D

I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that the forecast system can't predict which days Celeste is going to appear on because it's a random day (with the appropriate weather of course). And I also don't think that she's guaranteed even if you have only one day in a week that qualifies for her appearance.

Edit: oh it's right there in the FAQ for MeteoNook
Where is Celeste?

At the start of the week, the game picks a random day for Celeste to appear out of the days that have meteor showers. This is fully random and not based on the seed, and cannot be predicted.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that the forecast system can't predict which days Celeste is going to appear on because it's a random day (with the appropriate weather of course). And I also don't think that she's guaranteed even if you have only one day in a week that qualifies for her appearance.

Edit: oh it's right there in the FAQ for MeteoNook
Where is Celeste?

At the start of the week, the game picks a random day for Celeste to appear out of the days that have meteor showers. This is fully random and not based on the seed, and cannot be predicted.
I'm bad at reading FAQs :D

Celeste actually disappeared for me a couple of times without leaving the week. I don't remember the details of the first time but it happened just the other day too.
I jumped from last week back to June 11th because I knew there was a meteor shower there to use for weather seed tracking. When I had gotten the seed I figured I could abuse the shower and the fact that Celeste and Flick were there too when TTing for the rock garden. I TT'd back and forth between the 11th and 12th to get Flick's models, my fragments and move the rocks but I got impatient after a couple of times since the rocks only move when going forward. So I went to the 8th to be able to just go forward for a couple of days to get the rocks right without losing Flick, and when I came back to the 11th, Celeste wasn't there anymore! I wonder if going to Monday (for the first time) changed which of the days she picked? I think that week had two light showers before the heavy one. I didn't have the energy to go look for her on the other days but I am definitely gonna check what happens next time I have her and there is more than one day she could spawn.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of clothes this game have is staggering. Dizzy just gave me a music fest shirt and i didn't even know it existed

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have Books in their Nook's today?

Edit: Never mind, found some.

Last edited:

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
Pretty pumped. Had the camel on Friday, have the camel today. Its cool. Why would i want any other visitors? Its not like its been raining for the past 4 days and i have 100 fish to sell or anything. Or a goliath beetle model i'd like made. Or to buy some new art. Or to just wake a drunken seagull from his coma. No, im good, i'll jusr buy the blue stripes carpet i already have 5 of.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I just caught a Great White Shark for the first time and offered it to CJ expecting an enormous sum of bells and he only offers 22,500. What the hell? Imagine how many viewers he would snatch if he had a fucking great white to show off. How would one even catch a great white with a fishing rod? lmao

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City

Molly > Sherb:

Your villager houses look awesome! I love how personalized they are! I wanted my town to feel like a small forest village, so the houses are more spread out and the yards are bigger. I like that I have to walk a bit to see the neighbors! Here are Ruby, Papi, Sly, and Agnes. They are in the "downtown" area of the town so they have the most decorations at the moment. They were my first 4 villagers, so I wanted their yards to feels super cozy. They're surrounded by Town Hall, Museum, a park/garden, and the shop, so they have the most pathways and fencing around their yards.

ruby_sly_papi_agnesk7jfn.png

Once you leave the more developed area, you have Cyd (Who is below the art garden), June (Who is ways away through the forest and by the beach and solar panel farm), Velma (Nestled between the forest and cliffs), and Zell (Between the arcade, beach, and zen garden). All of these areas need more decorating, but I stopped playing for a while. MAy pick it back up soon so I can give them the yards they deserve!

cyd_velma_june_zellhrk1q.png

Lastly, we have Walker and Clay. They are against the cliff where my house is, and the deepest in the Cedar Forest. I love visiting them because of how far away from the "town" they feel! I wish the island was bigger so I could give them bigger yards!

walkerclay35k8l.png

Here's another pic of some areas in town!

townpicsbljxe.png

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Any way to encourage villagers to leave your island? I've looked for tips but apparently nothing's proven beyond just ignoring them until they decide to leave, but I've been ignoring Nate for a while and he won't go. -.-

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
What sign is that at the start of the dock in the upper-right picture? I don't think I've ever seen that one yet.

That's one of the items you can purchase when you link up animal crossing pocket camp to your nintendo account.

ac-pocketcamp.com

How to Obtain Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Special Items in Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch | Nintendo

If you play the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp game on your smart device (iOS or Android), you can obtain special in-game items that can be used in Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Nintendo Switch (Nintendo Switch and Animal Crossing: New Horizons sold separately)!

www.polygon.com

Get items from Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp in New Horizons now

Give me that Fortune Cookie cart right now

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a way to get rid of flowers without digging them up. I have 100s of them that I need to clear out and it's going to take hours. I need a weed whacker or a flame thrower.

Status
Not open for further replies.