• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Holy crap! She wonders how it's possible to get so many bells? Do you have any tips?
It's all about the turnips. Buy many of them (and I mean several inventories worth, my peak was around 8-10 inventories worth) on a Sunday for 90-100 Bells per, then go and sell those in other towns later in the week for 500-650 Bells per. I only started the game in late October, my friend kindly gave me a small loan of a million Bells, and I used that to get past 50 million in the bank, all just off turnips. There's still much I don't know about the game, but the money part is at least covered. If your girlfriend would like a free million, I'm in a giving mood.

idolminds

Nov 2, 2017
For people having trouble with the 10-tile trick for making perfect snowmen, be sure to not have your bottom snowball too close to the path. The hitbox for when it pulls the top snowball up is kind of generous so whats probably happening is your top snowball is getting pulled up before its able to be shrunk from pushing it over the last tile. That happened to me on my first attempt. If you leave just a little more space there at the end it should work out ok, I've managed it 4 days in a row now. Hope that helps.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
For people having trouble with the 10-tile trick for making perfect snowmen, be sure to not have your bottom snowball too close to the path. The hitbox for when it pulls the top snowball up is kinda of generous so whats probably happening is your top snowball is getting pulled up before its able to be shrunk from pushing it over the last tile. That happened to me on my first attempt. If you leave just a little more space there at the end it should work out ok, I've managed it 4 days in a row now. Hope that helps.
Thank you. I messed up the 10 tile trick yesterday, and this is probably exactly what ended up happening. I had my bottom snowball extremely close to the path.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you. I messed up the 10 tile trick yesterday, and this is probably exactly what ended up happening. I had my bottom snowball extremely close to the path.
For me, it helped to have the path made of alternate light dirt path and dark dirt path tiles, so you can kind of mimic the spacing between the patches of dirt when placing the snowballs at the ends.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
For me, it helped to have the path made of alternate light dirt path and dark dirt path tiles, so you can kind of mimic the spacing between the patches of dirt when placing the snowballs at the ends.
Good idea! It's more effort, but perhaps worth it if I can finally start getting these DIYs and large snowflakes.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Merengue ran up and gave me a festive wreath. I can't reorder it so I thought this would be craftable, but it seems like it's not? Where are you supposed to get this from? 😂

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Merengue ran up and gave me a festive wreath. I can't reorder it so I thought this would be craftable, but it seems like it's not? Where are you supposed to get this from? 😂
My Merengue is a thief. One day I came out of Nook's and she ambushed me asking for the 70,000 bell laptop I just bought. How could I say no to that face? It now sits on her coffee table.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The idea of getting DIYs from balloons is actually a good one. It's a fun surprise opening up a present and seeing something new you can craft. But Nintendo just has to speed up the balloon spawn and DIY rate so you don't have to spend hours farming. I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been addressed in the nine months New Horizons has been out.

rock

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The idea of getting DIYs from balloons is actually a good one. It's a fun surprise opening up a present and seeing something new you can craft. But Nintendo just has to speed up the balloon spawn and DIY rate so you don't have to spend hours farming. I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been addressed in the nine months New Horizons has been out.

nintendo designed the game so that the game could be played over multiple years; the design specifically encourages the player to NOT collect everything in one year - nintendo wants us to have surprises and things to do built into the base game; i feel too robotic to play this game for 3 hours a day

could they do this with dlc expanding the fish and bug species and fossil types and event items? yea, but they decided to finish that work up front instead.

i wonder how they handle year; do they change the balloon system? revamp yearly event rewards? add more items through new systems? i'm really interested to see how it goes

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I got tired of all my villagers saying "Hail Satan" or "fabulous", my newest attempts aren't much more original lol

EpXQKF8VQAAYaca

Also, Erik asked to call me Cookie, the cuteness is killing me.

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind getting recipes from balloons for seasonal themes and such. The fact that the festive DIY are locked behind balloons is a massive disappointment though. Especially when you consider that other major holidays have villagers hand out 1 per day. I want to go all out for Christmas! 0 for 12 on balloons today. 1 for 15 yesterday. It is brutal.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
The problem IMO is that the spawn rate for recipes seems quite low and that like 99% of events use the same method so there are times you have to hunt recipes for like 3 events at the same time and it sucks.

They should be more creative with the DIY recipe delivery method. Like, for christmas it'd make sense for Isabelle to give you the recipes when she delivers the news. 1 per day or something like that.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
just do it like Thanksgiving and sell them at Nook's

like maybe they only show up in Balloons for the first few weeks, but the tail end of the event there's just a recipe book you can buy

The other holidays were fine with recipes

- Egg Day had the daily bottles that washed on shore and you got recipes for collecting materials
- Halloween had the neighbors give out recipes
- Thanksgiving just straight up sold the recipes if you didn't care to do the event

I played last night and the island is gorgeous at night with the lights on the trees and a gentle snow. I really wish I could have the island decorated to go along with it... it'd be so peaceful

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
just do it like Thanksgiving and sell them at Nook's

like maybe they only show up in Balloons for the first few weeks, but the tail end of the event there's just a recipe book you can buy

The other holidays were fine with recipes

- Egg Day had the daily bottles that washed on shore and you got recipes for collecting materials
- Halloween had the neighbors give out recipes
- Thanksgiving just straight up sold the recipes if you didn't care to do the event

I played last night and the island is gorgeous at night with the lights on the trees and a gentle snow. I really wish I could have the island decorated to go along with it... it'd be so peaceful

Thanksgiving also gave you the recipes after the Thanksgiving.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
it's so weird how the last few days of fall I casually got like 75% of the autumn recipes not trying for them, but when I actually want recipes I never get them lol

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed on spawn rate being the main problem with balloons.
farmed For 2 hours last night and not a single recipe sigh

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Balloons are fine as a surprise, but the game should really be giving us activities and stuff to do for seasonal recipes and items so we actually have stuff to work for instead of just running along the beach for 3 hours popping balloons. lol

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why they gave us the recipes in bottles for Bunny Day and not for any of the other holiday or seasonal sets. They had the solution right there and just haven't used it. I don't think I've gotten a new bottle recipe in weeks, let alone villager recipes, so why not use that? It ain't right that I played every day of the fall seasons and only got 1 recipe of each set beyond the ones Isabelle gave out.

Nov 25, 2019
The true and most important QoL the game needs is a fix for the balloon recipes. The Festive series is really nice, I really dig it and I need to stop popping balloons over the river.

I don't understand why they gave us the recipes in bottles for Bunny Day and not for any of the other holiday or seasonal sets. They had the solution right there and just haven't used it. I don't think I've gotten a new bottle recipe in weeks, let alone villager recipes, so why not use that? It ain't right that I played every day of the fall seasons and only got 1 recipe of each set beyond the ones Isabelle gave out.
I have some dupes from autumn season if you want them.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Polygon: Sure. In addition to the UGC (user generated content), you foresee these sorts of updates that we've been seeing in the first year continuing into the next year?

Doug Bowser: We definitely see that continuing.

Source

Sounds like updates to the game are going to keep on rolling for the foreseeable future. I know some people were worried they would only support the game with new content for a single year.

Lirose

May 30, 2018
Finally collected all the festive DIYs, now I'm done with balloon hunting unless they add new recipes. DIYs in balloons with such a low probability rate was such a terrible idea.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

Anonymous said:
Nintendo Switch Online - 7 Day Free Trial
[Important]
• The Free trial cannot be used with Nintendo Accounts that already have an active Individual Membership or Family Membership.
• Your free trial will automatically convert into a monthly membership at the end of the trial period, unless you turn off automatic renewal before the end of the trial. Upon conversion of your free trial to a full membership, and on an ongoing basis thereafter, we will charge you the membership amount unless and until you turn off automatic renewal. Credit card/PayPal account required for users age 18 and up. Terms apply.
You can check your membership status here.
The code is valid until 2/5/2021 at 8:59AM (Pacific Time).

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (United States) Nintendo Switch (United States): Nintendo Switch Online - 7 Day Trial

Feb 18, 2020
California
I just finished getting all the festive DIYs. I guess I have a good rate of spawn because I can usually get all of the event DIYs within a day or two. I remember I got impossibly lucky for the maple leaf DIYs last month and got 5 balloons in a row that had a new DIY in it. Help me complete that set in one night lol

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Ugh it kind of sucks only getting recipes via balloons. I did the 'run up and down on the beach on the 4's and 9's. And I got 1 ballon
You should really be running up and down at 0 and 5. They spawn at 4 and 9, but it takes about a minute to actually make it to shore. Timing may vary a little, though. Like on my island, the stretch of water on the western side isn't as wide as on the eastern side, so the balloons hit shore a little bit earlier than when they come in from the east.

Oct 30, 2017
Ugh it kind of sucks only getting recipes via balloons. I did the 'run up and down on the beach on the 4's and 9's. And I got 1 ballon
You should really be running up and down at 0 and 5. They spawn at 4 and 9, but it takes about a minute to actually make it to shore. Timing may vary a little, though. Like on my island, the stretch of water on the western side isn't as wide as on the eastern side, so the balloons hit shore a little bit earlier than when they come in from the east.

Got this from koramora video: https://acnh-balloon-timer.glitch.me/

The balloon arrives like a really tiny bit earlier but its good

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
How to get festive recipes?? I cant seem to get any.

Also is there a good guide/FAQ for time skipping? I'm not a fan of the idea but I skipped two fish (Mahi Mahi and some river crab) and wanted to just catch them and have that ticked off my bucket list but wonder if it could fuck my game up if I return back to regular date.

Status
Not open for further replies.