• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Flick is in my town.

I can't believe he is asking me for 3 of the same bug to build a sculpture of it.

ON THE 31ST OF THE MONTH

I-

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
JFYI I got non native fruits (apples) on the second random island I visited with a miles ticket. So it is possible.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a backpack of some kind in their store I could possibly visit to buy? Or a table?

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
So I'm absolutely loving the game (it's already my most player AC), but I'm starting to notice that a lot of things that were in the past games seem to be missing here, or at least that no one has been able to get to them by time traveling.

Are we thinking that the plan is to unlock those things via updates regularly in order to make sure that no one can get everything too quickly? That's where I'm at (no way the museum dosen't get paintings sooner rather than later).

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Still got plenty of Fish Bait and some gold rods still if anyone wanted them.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to an amazing custom design, I now look even more similar to my avatar!

EUdWFsjUUAAJ7JY

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
So I'm absolutely loving the game (it's already my most player AC), but I'm starting to notice that a lot of things that were in the past games seem to be missing here, or at least that no one has been able to get to them by time traveling.

Are we thinking that the plan is to unlock those things via updates regularly in order to make sure that no one can get everything too quickly? That's where I'm at (no way the museum dosen't get paintings sooner rather than later).
It's likely that's the point. But there are going to be things that probably won't be back like the shampoodle. Nintendo seems to be looking at this as a GaaS.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
So my girlfriend and I have been debating about the odds of getting to Tarantula Island with a Nook Miles Ticket. From what I've seen, there are about 9 different types of island configurations, one of them being the flat, barren island perfect for spawning tarantulas, so I figure it's about a 1 in 9 chance of getting to it with a ticket.

She believes it to be much rarer than that from our empirical evidence of the two of us going to about 25 islands now between us and never seeing it once.

What do y'all think?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Quick: do the bug/fish artworks show up in the catalog? Need to know if I should make art or bells with my buggies.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
So my girlfriend and I have been debating about the odds of getting to Tarantula Island with a Nook Miles Ticket. From what I've seen, there are about 9 different types of island configurations, one of them being the flat, barren island perfect for spawning tarantulas, so I figure it's about a 1 in 9 chance of getting to it with a ticket.

She believes it to be much rarer than that from our empirical evidence of the two of us going to about 25 islands now between us and never seeing it once.

What do y'all think?

It can be done on a non flat island. The second floor, dig holes everywhere so no bugs will spawn there. Make sure first your island got bugs on it before proceding, destroy all rocks, simply pull out all flowers, all fruits from trees and your good to go...after 6 PM, just a warning!

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any kitchen counter item? I desperately want to decorate my kitchen and I don't have a centerpiece! I can trade catalog items with ya, I got a rice cooker, expresso kettle, bronze kettle, soup kettle, microwave, knives wall rack, spice rack, knives table rack, I think you see the theme here.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
So do we know what the formula is for finding villagers on nook mile islands? I invited Kitt to my island today, which filled my last open plot of land. I then laid down a new plot and have visited two nook mile islands devoid of villagers so far. Am I wasting tickets or just getting unlucky?

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017

What do y'all think?
As long as an island spawns with ground/flower bugs, you can turn it into a faux tarantula island!

Oct 27, 2017
So do we have to gather all the interior and exterior supplies for every new person that wants to move there or just the 1st 3? Because that is going to get old really fast lol

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Does anyone have any kitchen counter item? I desperately want to decorate my kitchen and I don't have a centerpiece! I can trade catalog items with ya, I got a rice cooker, expresso kettle, bronze kettle, soup kettle, microwave, knives wall rack, spice rack, knives table rack, I think you see the theme here.
Darn I just sent a coffee grinder to my cousin since I don't like coffee lol. I assume your side rack is the rotating one on a circle?

Edit: how does buying catalogue items work? If I mail it to you straight from the catalogue would that work?

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
OH BOY. The activity log updated with play time and I'm already over 105 hours... And I just realized that terraforming my island is going to be a project that takes dozens of hours.

I HATE that cliffs need one free square all around. It completely ruins my island plan that I've had for a month.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
When do you unlock the ability to make paths outside? I want to make some stone paths between houses and stuff.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what kind of villagers/have a list of who will spawn on deserted islands? I got an open plot and I'm not sure if I should start spelunking again for new blood or wait.

Oct 25, 2017
Are fish and bugs something you can give to another player directly or donate to their museum? Doesn't seem like they can be loose placements on the island.

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
Flick is in my town.

I can't believe he is asking me for 3 of the same bug to build a sculpture of it.

ON THE 31ST OF THE MONTH

I-

Yeah this is me right now. Thankfully the emperor butterfly is the only bug leaving the Northern Hemisphere for March. CJ and all the fish leaving this month on the other hand...

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Do you think you could do Bub and Bob from Bubble Bobble for me? It's mine and my cousins favorite game together, I figured she'd get a kick out of it lol.

Edit: in fact I made a couple bars of the theme song my town song

Dude, I love Bubble Bobble and Puzzle Bobble it will be done!

As a Persona 5 head that's about to get Royal, I would LOVE a Futaba Sakura shirt.
Would you only accept Pixel art? If so, either of these pixel based ones would be great!

capture1xfjtj.png

capture2fhkk2.png

twitter.com

Sebastián (Seabass) on Twitter

“2018 was the year that I both fell in love with Persona 5 and made pixel art of all the Phantom Thieves! Definitely my favorite piece from 2018!!! #pixelart #persona5 #persona”

I'd love either for a shirt and/or poster. If so, name anything in New Horizons and it's yours. lol

I'll give it a shot. The in-game editor has 32x32 pixels to work with. So I can probably crop out extra pixels and have her face on a t-shirt or hoodie.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks again to everyone for helping me with my daughter's 13th birthday!

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Think I need to give up on the stringfish. I've put about 5 hours in today alone. Last 3 nook miles tokens I used took me to the exact same island with nothing of interest and no high up water.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Can you make your own path when it finally opens up? I'm trying to make a Korean/Japan type neighbourhood theme town but requires additional stuff like crosswalks and whatnot

PK_Wonder

One Winged Slayer
Mar 22, 2018
I need some inspiration on outside decorations and yards for my residents. Any sites with good images of other people's islands?

Veeboy

Oct 31, 2017
Are fish and bugs something you can give to another player directly or donate to their museum? Doesn't seem like they can be loose placements on the island.
I don't believe you can give them to another player. Unless best friends status allows that, but I'm pretty sure that just allows them to dig holes and chop down trees.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have an ironwood dresser they'd be able to make me? I have the cutting board recipe already

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Why does the southern hemi have so many amazing fish and bugs and stuff? Why did I pick Northern hemi... I didn't even get to see snow :(

Status
Not open for further replies.