• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
RNJesus blessed me today but I failed to properly appreciate it. I caught a Sturgeon baitless but then the definite Stringfish I saw was too fast for me to catch :(

I'll be a little bummed if I miss out because that would be the only fish I miss, but I don't even know if I'll still be playing this a year from now so oh well

Oct 27, 2017
now that i built a camp site and have the residential services building unlocked i'm feeling pretty aimless. i tried to go to a nook miles island to see if there was anyone i could invite, but there was not.

i'm just running around fishing and stuff. it's fun, but for the first time in a while i feel like i don't have anything to "do."
Just wait till someone
Same, I was relieved when that option finally came. Nook charges 50K bells to move the museum, and I think its 30K to move a villagers house.
30k for your house 50k for every other building (minus resident services and the airport and the store IIRC)

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Should I start closing my gates? I can't even walk 10 steps away from the airport. :P
source.gif

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I might be the literal worst at catching tarantulas.

Wtf.
Tarantulas are pathetically easy to catch now. Just stop moving when they're reared up at you. When they go back down, move forward a little bit. Repeat until you're close enough to catch them. It's easier if you hold down A to creep with the net instead of normal walking.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Oh god, it's now a battle to close the gate without getting the message.

This game is the greatest "Red Light Green Light" multiplayer game.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Forgot that I'm completely redoing my shopping area and put a bridge in the wrong spot. -_-;

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Do we ever get the option to move like...all the neighbors' houses, the museum, and basically everything?

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I think I've optimized my tarantula catching ability.

Just run up to them from behind and as soon as they turn completely around to face you swing the net. You'll be the perfect length to catch them and won't have to wait for them to stop hissing.

Last edited:

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Found an interesting DIY recipe on the beach today, for something that was in previous AC games but I haven't seen anyone mention yet for this one:

Pitfall seed!

vdmKvwY.jpg

Is this a joke game? That should be a least worth like a million Nook Miles.

Wow...that's quite an ask for 500 miles. On the bright side, maybe having the active task will tilt the RNG more in your favor? (Probably not.)

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
So I got the campsite, do I actually have to have more residents move in before KK Slider will show up? And do I actually get them from putting shit all over my island?

Feb 18, 2020
California
Do we ever get the option to move like...all the neighbors' houses, the museum, and basically everything?

Yes once you have the RS building instead of the tent, Nook gives you the option to move buildings. Only things you can't move are the airport and RS buildings. Everything else is moveable. Your house is 30,000 bells to move, buildings are 50,000 and you have to have the money up front. Not sure how much to move other houses.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
It wasn't the best price, but I went all in on 101 bell turnips. I got a 143 price by Friday for 93b, last week, so I'll take any sort of profit at this point because those infrastructure costs are no joke.

Feb 18, 2020
California
So I got the campsite, do I actually have to have more residents move in before KK Slider will show up? And do I actually get them from putting shit all over my island?

Yeah you need more residents as one of the conditions to get KK. Your island I believe has to be 3 stars or more for him to visit so you need decorations, flowers, etc. and more residents to get the star rating up.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't Nook Miles eventually cap out after you fill up the cards? I know the Nook Miles+ challenges are infinite, but solely relying on those would be a big grind considering most are like 150-300 a pop.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Found an interesting DIY recipe on the beach today, for something that was in previous AC games but I haven't seen anyone mention yet for this one:

Pitfall seed!
So it does still exist!

How many wishes on a Star is too many wishes in one night?
None. There are none too many.

Edit: I just realized you were probably asking a real question, lol. I don't know what the limit on returns is.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
With some dedicated tree farming and awesome help from Shy for donating iron nuggets, I was able to get the store up and running pretty darn fast! He also gave me a ladder, at which point I was able to access all of my island and discover roses! Caught some new bugs, and juked a wasp attack by running into Sterling's home. Felt real proud of that one.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do villagers just move in if you place an empty lot? I had Ricky move in and he didn't camp. I never met him or talked about him and the next day the lot was sold to him

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I get more stone? I was going to hammer a few stones to get iron but they broke and there's no more stones on my island? :(

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i should probably start writing down low value catches i can toss instantly instead of trying to remember them in my head (obviously I could look up a guide but I'm having fun just pottering around... but it would nice to be a little more efficient, especially on nook tours)

I wish the critterpedia told me item values

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Some horrible luck with mystery islands tonight. Got a literal trash island followed by some mediocre islands with barely any good fish. I wish i spent more time at the shark island last night. Sigh.

least i found a cherry island though i already got that fruit beforehand.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't Nook Miles eventually cap out after you fill up the cards? I know the Nook Miles+ challenges are infinite, but solely relying on those would be a big grind considering most are like 150-300 a pop.

i started getting 5x value nook mile bonuses so doing the first set for your dailies is usually worth like 2k miles or so

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
Interestingly, I unlocked something I didn't expect just now
EUVGPciUUAgLebj

Only took 100 orders from the catalog. Also Sable gives you textiles to customize your furniture further once you befriend her. She gives a TON of them too.

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
How do I get more stone? I was going to hammer a few stones to get iron but they broke and there's no more stones on my island? :(
When you eat fruit it powers you up and lets you dig up fully grown trees and break rocks. Your rocks should regrow in random spots one day at a time.

Till tomorrow, your easiest way to get more stone is using nook miles to buy tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.