Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Beginner question but: When do I get the ability to fully cut down trees? Do I need a more advanced axe or something? I only have the flimsy one at the moment.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can I influence what fruit my island has? I got peaches and I dont like peaches. I might restart. Can I do that or is it based on my console?

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
So far today I've donated to build the museum, donated to build the shop, invited two animals to my town (some bear dude I forget, and Ava the chicken), I've got four types fruit trees growing, and I've made all but one of my DIY recipes. Haven't paid off my house loan yet, will do it tomorrow I guess. But that's probably about it for what I'll do today. Well I'll probably boot it up again later to look for some night time critters.

It's good to have Animal Crossing back in my life.

Lirose

May 30, 2018
The lighting in this game is beautiful. The morning sunlight on the beach and reflection on the waters looks amazing.

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
Didn't played since WW and enjoying it.
I don't want to fast-forward things, just enjoying it as it is. I have time 😅

Just two screenshots:
sX5XFFN.jpg

U2HaCWk.jpg

Full gallery here:

BTW, I'm using this rollable keyboard and it works like a charm:

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Iron feels like way too limited of a resource. There's not enough rocks on the island for it to be an ingredient for breakable tools.
You can also take trips to other islands using the Nook Miles ticket, that also have rocks
I think that's why you're supposed to use miles to go to other islands to harvest them dry like a true capitalist.

y'all know you can just hit rocks with the flimsy axe to make iron pop out, right?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've now visited 10 islands, and here's what was on each of them:
Island 1: Oranges
Island 2: Oranges
Island 3: Oranges
Island 4: Oranges
Island 5: Bamboo
Island 6: Oranges
Island 7: Oranges
Island 8: Hybrid pansies
Island 9: Bamboo
Island 10: Oranges

After spending 20,000 Nook Miles, without getting any other fruit trees, I'm ready to give up on the grind. If anyone has any apples, cherries, or peaches for trade, please PM me.
How's visiting a friend's island work? I've got apples, but most of my trees have been picked. Does that mean I'd have to drop some apples for you?

My friend code is 0801-8522-6618

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've now visited 10 islands, and here's what was on each of them:
Island 1: Oranges
Island 2: Oranges
Island 3: Oranges
Island 4: Oranges
Island 5: Bamboo
Island 6: Oranges
Island 7: Oranges
Island 8: Hybrid pansies
Island 9: Bamboo
Island 10: Oranges

After spending 20,000 Nook Miles, without getting any other fruit trees, I'm ready to give up on the grind. If anyone has any apples, cherries, or peaches for trade, please PM me.
I have plenty of apples if you want to visit and bring some oranges!

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf is up with these fish that bite on the first nibble, and trying to pull the line back makes them vanish? They keep messing up my streak.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Under normal circumstances I would not touch this but due to what looks to be a few weeks without work fuck it I'll try. Downloading now.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
is there a way to change to color of certain print wallpapers, such as the nook blue leaf wallpaper (たぬき開発の壁紙; sorry playing in Japanese). If i buy it can I change the color?

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I got a gold nugget out of a present in the sky.

...what's that gonna do? eventually make a gold tool?

Andhow would I get more? Hitting/breaking rocks?

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a faster way to grind Nook
miles? I'm reading about people traveling enough and paying off their house it would be 12, 14, 16k+ miles. I managed about 7k in day one and two... no idea how to do more than that this early in the game. What am I missing?

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Been fishing for so long... but they're always the same goddamn boring fish. :P

Never had this villager named Maple before, but she's the sweetest fucking thing.

Battle Born

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
EspUqpR.jpg
fKJSy8M.jpg

Here's a little report of my first Animal Crossing day:
  • Cherries are my island's native fruit. They're pretty cute.
  • Agnes and Poncho are my starting villagers. Fortunately, I dig them both. I know I'll keep them around for a long time. Getting Beau in here will be a top priority; so I hope the odds will favor me eventually.
  • I started messing with the Pro Design Tools and I'm kind of scared of how much I enjoy using them. That will surely eat up a lot of my time.
  • I went to another island but, since Blathers' tent just arrived, I didn't get to explore all of it. I also didn't have enough storage space in my pocket so I left some tools there.
DOXCsTA.jpg

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I catched a Sea Butterfly. I assume they are rare?
Also, it's 1:00 AM and my girl Agnes is still out there fishing, lol.

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
I've heard that this game has gender-neutral character customization, which is great. How are the pronoun options?

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Anyone get way to anal about how their island layout is? The one I got has two waterfalls it seems, which I'm happy with, but complicated rivers that take up a lot of space.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Ugh why didn't I put my tent on the beach, this looks lovely.

The game cursed me with pears, but it made up in every other area, haha. I don't think I've ever spent this much time grinding just to build fence posts and other objects for my village and neighbors.

Anyone get way to anal about how their island layout is? The one I got has two waterfalls it seems, which I'm happy with, but complicated rivers that take up a lot of space.

I most definitely did. I saw some
Really cool river layouts, but wanted a ton of space to build and walk around in. Took me a while to decide between those 4 layouts they gave me, haha.

Heon

Oct 25, 2017
How do you turn off the persistent "Best Friends" app notification on the top left? Do I need to add a Best Friend?

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Box in Tom Nook's shop anyone?
Recycle box. If you play local co-op on the same console, the stuff people pick up will end up there. Also if you build a house or store on top of furniture, the furniture will be in the recycle box. It might be worth checking out every now and then, since in New Leaf villagers would sometimes find stuff and bring it to the recycling box.

Serious question (not meant to be rude), since you're not the first person in the last couple of pages to ask this; do people just mash through the text without reading it?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever just joined my session owes me a worm. I can't believe the game suspends your shit when somebody joins.

Why is everything Nintendo does regarding online interactions so damn archaic?

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Probably been mentioned before but for anyone starting:

ALWAYS PICK TO START ON THE LARGER SIDE OF THE ISLAND!!!

fuck me. literally 3/4 of my island can't be touched.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Been on island time all day. This game is so calming. Exactly what I needed during all of this chaos.

Zac Dynamite

Oct 27, 2017
Only having one island regardless of the number of profiles on the Switch sucks. Is there any way to guard against other users taking all the resources before you get a chance to play that day?

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
How do I redeem the stuff from the mobile version? I could easily redeem the bucks for the mobile game but no code was generated for me to redeem the stuff on the Switch version.

Status
Not open for further replies.