• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
I went from "ugh I have to manually pluck ALL these weeds??" to "aww I plucked everything already :("

This game

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Is this your first day? Axe and valting pole recipes only unlock on day 2.

No, you can get an axe on the first day. My wife just did it. She's player one and went in and showed the raccoons some stuff she caught and they gave her the axe recipe. I did the same thing as player two and they didn't give me anything. After a bit of searching it seems the player two experience is really limited in this game. I'll just let my wife play it then. Really fucking stupid design on Nintendo's part.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I started my town wanting to commit to no resets. Got peaches, orange airport, Fuchsia and Leonardo, pretty happy

sora2k7

Oct 28, 2017
No, you can get an axe on the first day. My wife just did it. She's player one and went in and showed the raccoons some stuff she caught and they gave her the axe recipe. I did the same thing as player two and they didn't give me anything. After a bit of searching it seems the player two experience is really limited in this game. I'll just let my wife play it then. Really fucking stupid design on Nintendo's part.

Did you check if you can buy the recipe?

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
So this is literally my second AC game, the first one I played on the Gamecube.
Simple question:
Do I have to literally wait until tomorrow for stuff to get done? Am I missing something here? Got all my Nook Miles to upgrade my house and it says it will be finished tomorrow, go to try and sleep and nothing prompts to sleep.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
So our island is split into 3 separate parts and we didn't realize there would be no bridges when you start. When are bridges unlocked? 2/3 of our island is unreachable?

Oct 27, 2017
So this is literally my second AC game, the first one I played on the Gamecube.
Simple question:
Do I have to literally wait until tomorrow for stuff to get done? Am I missing something here? Got all my Nook Miles to upgrade my house and it says it will be finished tomorrow, go to try and sleep and nothing prompts to sleep.

Yep. Most AC games are like that. In the meantime, get some miles ;) there are nice rewards

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely loving this so far, got my tent paid off and the extra pocket space so far. Anyone have any idea when we can use Amiibo cards? Need to get Kid Cat moved in asap!

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I keep getting error code 2154-0107 when I try connecting online.

I went back to older games like Mario Kart 8 and did an online match just to make sure I'm not banned or something, and those are fine. I was DMing friends who are playing together. Apparently the online portion is just fucked on my end.

I wonder if because I got the game earlier than other regions it failed to sync some online/save setup?

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
It's supposed to be a relaxing game, not a resource crafting sandbox, if you have already done everything you could do during the first day, just wait for tomorrow.
In a week you'll be overwhelmed by the things you can do daily.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Was hoping my husband could make his own island. Too bad :( hopefully they'll add this feature after the fact

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I don't know anything about AC but I watched a review and was shocked that you have to wait actual real time for things to happen. I don't want to play it everyday like a second job so that put me off - is this perception of it accurate?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I don't know anything about AC but I watched a review and was shocked that you have to wait actual real time for things to happen. I don't want to play it everyday like a second job so that put me off - is this perception of it accurate?
There's no mandatory daily tasks so you don't really have to see it as a job, but that's otherwise right. New stuff unlocks on a daily cycle in the beginning and it takes a while before you've got a lot of control and stuff to do.

Sep 14, 2018
Does anyone know if it's possible to move stuff around in your inventory? I want it to be organized, and I don't like having blank spaces between things. Thank you.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Just finished my first day ever in an Animal Crossing game! I set up my tent and decorated a little, I collected a ton of weeds and did a little fishing... And I paid off my island package!!!!

...I did just take a loan out for a house though...

Does anyone know if it's possible to move stuff around in your inventory? I want it to be organized, and I don't like having blank spaces between things. Thank you.

Hold down A on an item, move it to where you want then let go.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
About 2/3rds of my town is separated by rivers, when do I get access to the river-hopping tool? Also am I stuck waiting for Blathers until tomorrow? There's a mountain of fish and insects outside his tent site waiting for him to show up.

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
so i can time skip one day and skip back without messing anything up?

I don't have the game yet myself to check, but yes, this historically works.

It can get a little screwy if you make big jumps (weeds grow, villagers get mad and leave, etc) but going back and forth a day or two has always been fine.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
About 2/3rds of my town is separated by rivers, when do I get access to the river-hopping tool? Also am I stuck waiting for Blathers until tomorrow? There's a mountain of fish and insects outside his tent site waiting for him to show up.
Blathers will give you access to the tools you need, but he won't show up until the next day unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.