Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
Not getting as many DIY recipes as I thought I would. Seems like a lot of people online have a bunch. Is there a good way to accumulate diy recipes that maybe I'm unaware of?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Me and my fiancé have been each playing our own games seriously all day.

This is great. The AC I put the most time into was the original GCN one (although I played a lot of New Leaf). I'm loving this one a ton, it reminds me a lot of it. I like the slow burn of it all here in the beginning.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
whats up with the nook ticket? I bought one, went on a random island for goodies, but the ticket is still in my inventory?

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the Tulips, do you dig up the stems or just sell the flower? I found some on a random island and they don't seem to sell for much, like 40 bells each? Am I missing something?

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone noted that some colors don't get filtered in the editor? I found a shade of gray that stayed completely pixelated on black.

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
Destroying all the rocks was a huge mistake. DON'T DO WHAT I DID!

Spent a lot of miles on tickets to get up to 30 iron nuggets. Hopeing more rocks start popping up on my island, cuz I only have access to two now. 😳

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
With the Tulips, do you dig up the stems or just sell the flower? I found some on a random island and they don't seem to sell for much, like 40 bells each? Am I missing something?

You can pick flowers which leaves them stem and they'll eventually regrow, or you can dig up the flower & stem and plan it in your town. I've not picked flowers personally but I know in the direct you can make picked flowers into a hat.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
I had tried to make a couple of clothes earlier unsuccessfully. Now I keep getting clothes, oddly they are very fitting for my x-gender aesthetic. This game is too much! I love it, even if its a coincidence.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
how do i get an axe? my gf is first player and got a quest for it but i didnt

You should be able to just buy one from Timmy/Tommy (whichever buys/sells stuff), you can also craft your own from the basic diy recipe you get very early on. A second player may need to buy the diy recipe from Timmy/tommy in the store.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Hm, did my first island excursion and it wasn't all that exciting. I guess coming from an early stage island it feels kind of samey, and as my island develops it might become more essential? I grabbed some more iron, but other than that it was basically the same fish / fruit / etc. availability that I had back home.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
When I'm planting fruit to grow trees, I'm planting them as close together as I can. They seem... almost too close? I can't imagine fully grown trees being this close together but I guess the game wouldn't have let me plant them if they were going to have room.

Right?

scrapple

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Any word if this version will be like the 3ds version where you could visit islands and do mini games like the mazes, etc???
That SHit better be DLC at least...

If not, I gotta give the 3ds version the better rating!

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
blathers tomorrow when he opens his museum and sees me roll in with a billion fossils

images

grand

Oct 25, 2017
The transition from "Happy Tourism" Nook to greedy capitalist Nook is amazing in this game. When you first get the option to upgrade the tent, Nook finally starts talking about profit and also tells you about the option to trade Noon Miles for necessities like better tools & inventory upgrades. But if you say no to the tent upgrade and try to immediately go buy something with your Nook Miles, it tells you that the items are for "Home customers" only

That motherfucker.......

Vexed

Jul 23, 2018
Anyone know how this game works with a digital license and multiple Switches? I know the island is tied to the console and have started one with my girlfriend on my main Switch with a digital copy of the game, but now looks like we may need to quarantine from each other. I have a separate Switch Lite - if I log into the Nintendo Account I bought the game with on my Lite, will it start a new character and island altogether?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Catching a coelacanth was pretty anticlimactic

I remember it being a lot harder as a kid on the GCN, waiting around at night for it to rain, fishing for hours to try and get the "big one"

And this time I just stroll onto a rainy island and casually catch one as my second fish...

Status
Not open for further replies.