Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpet909

Oct 27, 2017
It's our first day. We just have a tent, so I guess our only option is to sell everything to make room in our inventory? What about wood, fish and butterflies? I want to donate them to the museum eventually. If I just drop materials on the ground like in my tent will they stay there permanently or disappear?

Talk to nook and see if he mentions upgrading your tent to a house (This might be a day 2 thing), its "free" but you'll be in debt with him (no rush to pay it off). Once you do that you can unlock nook miles + to earn more miles, which will let you buy another row of inventory from the machine in his tent. Pocket organizer I think its called.

I know in and around your tent you can "Place" fish/bugs that you want to donate, they'll remain there until you pick them back up. After you show Tom 5 bugs/fish, You'll want to save 15 unique fish/bugs/fossils (fossils need a shovel you can't get until blather's arrives) to show blathers the next day so he'll build the museum. Otherwise you can sell any duplicates, or some fruit/resources you don't need if you need cash. Save up any iron & wood because you'll need that soon.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Took me a couple of trips to deserted islands but I finally got all the nuggets I needed to build the shop.

None of the islands I went to had any non-native fruit other than bamboo trees and coconut trees. What's up with that?

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
I need 5 red hyacinths and one red lily. Can anyone help out, either via seeds in their shop or with spares?

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
My initial two neighbors are talking to me much more and getting less irritated when I talk to them repeatedly now, and one of them has given me two requests. So I guess they just need to warm up to you first?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
The twi biggest QoL updates I want are:

1. Being able to craft using materials in storage.
2. Automatically using the vaulting pole and ladder without having to swap tools.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Just spent 400k bells on turnips at 91 bells a pop. If it's the same as New Leaf that's close to best buying price.

Is there gonna be a turnip buy/sell thread like the old forum had for New Leaf?

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
BDMvtdK.png

Just caught this. Was really fast!

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Made some pretty good Day 2 progress. Moving out of the tent tomorrow and made enough donations to get the Museum. Even had Gulliver show up and found a message in a bottle. And I have DIY recipes for better tools. Just need to wait until tomorrow for more materials

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I've been stuck on the Island name screen since launch, who thought a 10 character limit was a good idea?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I get that Nintendo wants to support this as a GaaS like all their games now, but some of the lack of certain things is just annoying. Why can't I play minigames or do something with my friends when visiting their islands? Seems like a no brainer, but instead all we can really do is make up things to do.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just spent 3 Nook Miles tickets today farming for iron because I broke all my island's rocks by accident not realizing eating fruit made me break things. I barely made the 30. The Nook Shop better be built tomorrow!

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Has an updated watering can always covered multiple squares? Dang that's an improvement I haven't heard mentioned and is just awesome

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
why hasn't nook told me to build a bridge? i've invited 3 people from deserted islands

Oct 27, 2017
When I placed my tent I didn't realise there was a tree right in front of it. I mean, not in front of the entrance but it obscured my view. Was annoying as heck.

Getting the axe this evening soon sorted out that out.

Jan 2, 2018
I'm never going to get the miles for the fishing streaks of 50 and 100. I'm so bad at this, sometimes just randomly press the button even when I don't want to.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to catch the bulletin board birds?
The birds on the bulletin boards are just a cute effect that lets you know when there's a new post on the board.

does seeing a shooting star mean anything or is it just for flavour? it was probably just a coincidence, but seeing stuff flying by the moon coincided with the best luck i've had fishing (i caught an oarfish, a koi, three knifejaws and three football fishes in a short period of time).
If it's like the previous games, press A with no tools in hand when you see a shooting star to make a wish on it. Then you get something in the mail the next day.

Will i get a second floor & a balcony at some point?
Previous games didn't have a balcony, but an upper floor and a basement should be guaranteed in the later house upgrades.

So i helped gulliver, found his missing parts... now he's just waiting for his friends to rescue him, should i do something with him?
No, his interaction is done. He will mail you a present as a thank-you.

Has an updated watering can always covered multiple squares? Dang that's an improvement I haven't heard mentioned and is just awesome
It has since at least New Leaf. I don't remember if it did in Wild World.

poliwhirl

Sep 14, 2018
Does someone know this? :(
One new rock will respawn every day until you're back at the max number. So if you only broke one, by tomorrow it'll be like nothing happened, except it'll be in a different place.

But you mentioned getting 3 material less a day, and I just wanted to point out that materials from rocks are timer based. The quicker you hit them repeatedly, the more you'll get out of them. What most people do is put something behind them to reduce the recoil, usually digging a hole works, but placing furniture probably works too.

I've been using my proper axe to hit rocks rather than a shovel, I don't know if it makes a difference but I've gotten a lot of iron ore from it, and no stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.