ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Wait if we used the cards before for like HHD, we can use them again now for NH, right? It doesn't lock to one of the games?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm hoping ERA will help one another when the time come, like "come to my town, turnips sell for x amount of bells!". I think it's what I'm looking forward to the most, chilling with the community, maybe trading for fruits I'm lacking/someone else is lacking and so on.

Ximonz Yup! Plus with how you can build roads, change the terrain and such i'm looking forward to some nice shopping districts!
Don't worry, I'm 10 steps ahead of you. We got this covered.

https://discord.gg/tf2TRgF
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Jun 22, 2019
I was gonna ignore turnips cause I'm won't be paying for Switch online access, but I wanna interact with the new turnip seller, so I guess I'll play the turnip lottery and lose my bells.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
ah man it looks so good. i have at least 2 pals who will be playing along with me from launch so i really cannot wait!

CKT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 1, 2020

We have come a long way from this
animalcrossing.fandom.com

Tan

During the summer the player can get a tan, which makes the player's skin color darker. In order to do this, the player must stand in the sun long enough (note that there must be a clear sky outside and it must be during daytime), the player's skin will go up through levels. In earlier games...

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tan

During the summer the player can get a tan, which makes the player's skin color darker. In order to do this, the player must stand in the sun long enough (note that there must be a clear sky outside and it must be during daytime), the player's skin will go up through levels. In earlier games...
Who'd a think Animal Cross was what MLK was referring to

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina

Tan

To this day I still can't believe this was a thing and the only way to make your character black. Like holy fuck.

CKT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 1, 2020
To this day I still can't believe this was a thing and the only way to make your character black. Like holy fuck.
It reads like an EGM april fools article.
"There is a secret way to make your animal crossing villager black! All you have to do is stand in the sun for hours!"

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Animal crossing was always grindy, lol
Because of that damn Nook, you need to pay of your debts XD

Just to be clear, I'm not using "grindy" in, like, a weird gamer-pejorative kind of way where the term means "bad." Mostly just as a descriptor for how they've extended the process by which you develop your village. I'm pretty indifferent about it, but I'm hoping we can get certain things sooner rather than later (particularly the museum as that's my jam).

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Iv never pre-purchase a game in my life, and im seriously considering it. Being able to fire it up at midnight the 20th is very appealing, and not working the Friday.

Feb 16, 2018
The direct sold me on the game, I liked the GameCube game and New Leaf but they never truly hooked me. The bigger focus on town building in this one I think was the thing I needed to see to get me on board.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized I own two amiibo: Isabelle and the Nooklings. I guess I'm not going to be inviting those to live in my village. :p

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
So according to the website, my Best Buy is doing a midnight release for Doom Eternal.

I have both it and Animal Crossing pre-ordered, so I wonder if they'd let me pick up my copy of AC at midnight as well lol

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
I can't believe they went all in on terrain modification. It makes total sense in a post-Minecraft world, but for some reason I never expected them to do it.

Unreasonably excited for this lovely game. I had a smile on my face through the entire Direct.

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing saves to the amiibo card so you can scan them again I'm fairly sure. Only a couple games save things to the amiibo itself.
Happy Home Designer saves the decorating you did to the card, which allows you to give furniture to people who may have missed limited time events in that game. I believe scanning the house attached to a card or amiibo into amiibo Festival also displays that customized dwelling on the game board.

But putting things on cards doesn't prevent other games from scanning them and they're easy enough to fully reset to the factory default with the amiibo app, just in case something did go wrong.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I really should check through my amiibo cards to see if I have any of my favourites, because I honestly don't remember.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe they went all in on terrain modification. It makes total sense in a post-Minecraft world, but for some reason I never expected them to do it.

Unreasonably excited for this lovely game. I had a smile on my face through the entire Direct.
Finally, all these years of saying "Man I wish there was a pond here/no pond" amongst other things, are about to come to an end!

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Watched the Direct, looks pretty nice. Excited about the more robust island/terrain customization as this was a shortcoming in New Leaf. Other than that, just looks like good ole Animal Crossing goodness. I look forward to maybe playing this game with some Resetera members!

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
So these Amiibo cards being sold on Ebay are legitimate Animal Crossing cards and not those fan knockoff Amiibo cards like from Mario Kart and Smash?

Oddly enough you would think it be easier for Nintendo to manufacturer character cards instead of making plastic figures for practical point for the sake of using Amiibo in games.

Instead it's the Amiibo pirates who are the ones making these cards instead.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Im surprised Nintendo didn't mention if they are reprinting the cards or not. I would think they would considering how massive this game is gonna be.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I wondered if Story of Seasons or Harvest Moon is easier than Animal Crossing in terms of loans?
The latest Story of Seasons games have mining spots you can save scum to get more valuable gems so money is not really a problem in those games. They also have a seedling mode that affects pricing. I would say the randomly generating trees are more of a challenge than earning money is.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
It's a matter of time before they do I'm sure. I assume there might be new ones as well, to accomodate the new villagers being introduced in the game.
You know what your right. The new villagers kinda make it a necessity.

Game has 383 villagers.

So like 50 more? Sounds good. Hoping to get one of the new ones when I load up for the first time. I wonder which Villagers from the original game and Wild World are returning.

Last edited:

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I've got a bunch of cards but never completed my set(s). Glad I picked up some of the physical Amiibos back in the day but I know I should have picked them up when they were dirt cheap! But honestly, I only really need to find my boy Ricky and Pierce and I'll be happy. I like to keep my villagers kind of random still tbh.

Black Thunder

Nov 1, 2017
No, the game does not support cloud saving regardless of physical/digital and they have been implying data is only allowed to be transferred due to damage to your Switch or it getting lost.
Oh snap, nothing is saved on the cartridge I guess 😞. Boy that's a tough call now, that Lite purchase just made a lot less sense.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019

Game has 383 villagers.

Hmm. Not nearly as drastic an increase as between City Folk and New Leaf, and actually fewer than NL had in the Welcome Amiibo update. A bit unfortunate - not because it's a bad number (it's plenty), but because this certainly seems to decrease the odds that we get a new species or two this time around.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
The series had a lot of really vague BS ways of customizing your character which looking back on was super bizarre given what the franchise is. You had to answer personality quizzes to decide your face and hairstyle!
I will forever stand by the fact that the personality quiz is fun. There should be an option to manually customize your character, but I'm still genuinely sad if the quiz is totally cut.