• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
51653842119_a501cecec6_o.png

Make their dream vacations come true.

Clients with different dream vacation requests will visit a new resort area located in an archipelago, made up of several different islands. You can talk to a client and find out the details of their requests for a vacation home, and then make their dreams happen!

Happy Home Paradise DLC includes:
  • Choose the character you'd like to design a vacation home for and personalize home exteriors and interiors, the yard, and even customize the weather to either be sunny or rainy.
  • Use an expansive built-in inventory to furnish vacation homes, without being limited to your own inventory, recipes, or resources.
  • Share in-game photos with your island residents or upload them to the Showroom via the Happy Home Network app to tour other players' resort island vacation homes or show your design to others.
  • Invite your favorite characters to the islands by using compatible amiibo figures and cards (sold separately).
Discord Server:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
New in 2.0
OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
51655819140_9d9645311f_o.png
Returning Characters
  • Kapp'n, docked at the island's pier, will take the player on a mystery island tour, once per day, for 1,000 Nook Miles. Kapp'n's islands may feature gyroids, star fragments, new materials, and different seasons or times of day.
  • Brewster's cafe returns, located in the northwestern portion of the museum. In order to unlock this renovation, the player must first speak with Blathers, who will then task them with finding Brewster on one of Kapp'n's mystery island tours.
  • Using amiibo, the player can invite classic Animal Crossing NPCs (such as Porter, Dr. Shrunk, and Blanca) to The Roost, for a cup of coffee.
  • Harriet has arrived at Harv's Island to aid him in pursuing a new venture: a cooperative, with the player tasked with funding the arrival of characters such as Tortimer, Katrina, Reese, Cyrus, Redd, and more. Each new character's presence costs a total of 100,000 Bells to fund, with a limit of one funding goal reachable per day.
New Gameplay Additions
  • Isabelle's daily announcements will now inform the player of who the daily visitor is.
  • The player can now enact ordinances on their island, such as Night Owl, wherein villagers go to bed later, and shops stay open later.
  • A tape deck has been placed outside Resident Services, enabling stretching sessions for island residents to partake in.
  • The player's home exterior can now be further customized, with plenty of new options.
  • Hanging ceiling items, in addition to accent walls (a single wall differentiated from the rest) are now available as customization options for the player's home interior.
  • The total number of storage slots in the player's home has received a boost, from the previous maximum of 2,400, up to a whopping 5,000. This maximum can be reached in three increments:

2,400 > 3,200 (700,000 Bells)
    3,200 > 4,000 (900,000 Bells)
    4,000 > 5,000 (1,200,000 Bells)

• Gyroids return, being first obtained as fragments. Planting one in the ground and watering it produces a gyroid overnight.
  • The maximum number of potential bridges and inclines on an island has been raised, from 8 to 10 (of each).
  • New varieties of fencing have been added, with the player now able to customize the color of fencing.
  • The player can now access their bank accounts and home storage from outside, via the use of an ABD and storage shed.
  • Villagers will visit the player's homes, in addition to inviting them over to their homes. When visiting a villager's home, the player may be given the option to buy their furniture.
  • The camera app can now be upgraded with first-person and tripod options.
  • Patterns that were previously used for customizing items can now be worn, displayed, or used as flooring and wallpaper.
  • 11 new hairstyles.
  • 11 new reactions.
  • 12 new K.K. Slider songs.
  • The cost of moving buildings has been reduced (from 50,000 Bells, to 10,000 Bells).
  • The Island Life 101 app will provide the player with helpful tips, including during load screens.
  • Cooking has now arrived, with five new crops (carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, wheat, sugar cane) being used across various DIY recipes. In order to cook, the player will require a kitchen item.
  • DIY recipes can now be stored.
  • Thousands of new items have been added to the game.
  • Ladder setup kits can now be crafted, enabling the placement of permanent ladders around the island.
  • The player can now navigate through narrow spaces.

Last edited:

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played in 6 months, and was planning to go cleaning tomorrow...

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
I might start over when it came out I didn't play it that much.. So maybe second time it catches to me?

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Update feels so good, really going to be comfy playing this into the holiday season

mudron

Feb 13, 2020
Heads-up that you'll need 100,000 bells for the first new home storage expansion, 20,000 bells to enact a new town ordinance, and you should have 700,000 in your pockets the first time you head to Harv's island.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
OP, you need to inform us of some of the new villagers and characters in this update wip thread.

mudron

Feb 13, 2020
Heads-up that you'll need 100,000 bells for the first new home storage expansion, 20,000 bells to enact a new town ordinance, and you should have 700,000 in your pockets the first time you head to Harv's island.
Scratch that, you only need $100,000 in pocket per daily visit to Harve's.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Makes sense that they've been working on 2.0 since launch. The pandemic probably pushed all this back a lot.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I though the Brewster hunt was going to be a whole big thing, but nope. Literally the first island.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Might have that backwards. Storage expansion was 700,000 for me, and I could only donate to one of the Harv island stores to completion, so 100,000 per day there.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
I only played about 25 hours of the game when it first came out. I started abusing the stalk market and racked up millions of bells which kinda broke the game for me. Part of me wants to nuke my island and start over. But part of me feels like I will regret it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 25, 2017
The idea of having a donations box seems like a good idea with the way players have been selling turnips with turnips exchange but only being able to deposit 1,000 bells at a time is laughable

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
oh man, I'll spend some time poking around later. Didn't expect the new update so early.

And my Series 5 Amiibo cards shipped today!

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I only played about 25 hours of the game when it first came out. I started abusing the stalk market and racked up millions of bells which kinda broke the game for me. Part of me wants to nuke my island and start over. But part of me feels like I will regret it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This is where I'm at. I was thinking of having my wife take all of my money in case I wanted it back.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I'm broke as hell! Got any millions to spare? Lol

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Might have that backwards. Storage expansion was 700,000 for me, and I could only donate to one of the Harv island stores to completion, so 100,000 per day there.
Yep. Storage was 700,000 bells. Wish I knew about Harv before I came back thinking I could do them all on one shot with a million bells in my pockets!

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
How do you get Brewster to come to your island? Went on a boat tour but can't do anything after he gives a gyroid.

phoebetwig

May 6, 2020
Does anyone know if Happy Home Paradise brings back the old furniture series' from New Leaf? (Like the Rococo series, etc)

mudron

Feb 13, 2020
I'll say this much - they aren't shy about hitting you with the new stuff ASAP. In less than an hour, I've already met Brewster, fussed with some Gyroid fragments, arranged for my first cart at Harve's co-op, threw down to expand my house storage, enacted a nite-owl town ordinance, got invited over to a villager's house and had a villager pop into my house with a gift!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'll say this much - they aren't shy about hitting you with the new stuff ASAP. In less than an hour, I've already met Brewster, fussed with some Gyroid fragments, arranged for my first cart at Harve's co-op, threw down to expand my house storage, enacted a nite-owl town ordinance, got invited over to a villager's house and had a villager pop into my house with a gift!
Yep. I did basically every new thing in about 30 minutes! Lots of new stuff in Nook Miles. Having 10 million bells and around a million nook miles made it easy to speed run. I went back to Harv's with a million bells hoping I could pay off every Lloid. Oh well!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Welp. I guess I'm gonna tear down some of the renovations I made in preparation for the 2.0 update, because some of these things look way more fun to use. 😂

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Now I'm left wondering how you get the new cooking ingredients. Maybe they'll be sold in Nook's Cranny tomorrow?

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The new storage is so cheap compared to the last upgrade.

I started the storage upgrade first thing before looking for any new house customizations though.
Now Nook won't let me ask about my house anymore, telling me to wait until construction has completed tomorrow morning.

I just wanted to look, man.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Went on the island from Kapp'n but didn't see Brewster. Is that the right way or do I fly on the plane?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Is the DLC out/working too? I was able to download it but not seeing anything in game.