• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
latest

Andy Signore who was a core member of The Screen Junkies YouTube channel was fired from Defy Media (Parent Company of Screen Junkies) in 2017 after several sexual harrasments and sexual assaults allegations. In the below video he defends himself where he acklowledges that he made unappropriate sexual moves on fans and coworkers. However, the biggest accusation was coming from April Dawn where she accused him that he forced her to have sex with him (sexual assault). In his video he provides evidence that shows that he did not force her and April was agreeing/leading him to these affairs.

Here is April's response after the video

Last edited:

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I was going to defend myself against sexual assault allegations, I would probably not do it with a backdrop full of toys, comic books, and nerd swag.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
While he threatened two other staff members for their jobs if they spoke of it, and more than half a dozen fans have come forward (some underage at the time) saying he was being sexually aggressive with them after inviting them to shows to meet with the team?

All while him being married?

Yeah, dude can stay fucked off.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
So someone defends himself from sexual assault allegations with proof that shines a very different light on their interactions (and interactions with other women who have come forward) and all responses are dismissals? Not cool.

The least you can do, is at least watch the video, look at how their interactions went and THEN make up your mind. At least then you can tell him to fuck off for the right reasons.

OP
OP
Cantona222

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
While he threatened two other staff members for their jobs if they spoke of it, and more than half a dozen fans have come forward (some underage at the time) saying he was being sexually aggressive with them after inviting them to shows to meet with the team?

All while him being married?

Yeah, dude can stay fucked off.
All of this is I agree with, but what about April lying about the details of their encounters? Can we give that a little more attention?

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
If I was going to defend myself against sexual assault allegations, I would probably not do it with a backdrop full of toys, comic books, and nerd swag.

Yeah I was thinking something about the vid looked off and that might be it. Given he appears to have a history of this behavior with fans and coworkers I would say calling this a case of a MeToo "Misfire" is a clear sign this guy doesn't recognize how bad his actions actually were.

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
All of this is I agree with, but what about April lying about the details of their encounters? Can we give that a little more attention?

sometimes when yourea giant garbage can of a human, someone throwing another piece of trash on the pile, true or not, doesnt really matter.

its like saying 1 of the 23 women who accused trump of sexual assault is lying. okay. fine. 22 arent.

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
Even if the sexual assault allegations aren't true, the fact that he willingly cheated on his wife and did so multiple times makes him entirely irredeemable to me, and I will not support him. Yes, I watched the whole video. Nothing excuses infidelity.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
He makes a decent case for himself. Not really interested in supporting him though. Even if he didn't sexual assault her he's still a rather slimy dude.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
sometimes when yourea giant garbage can of a human, someone throwing another piece of trash on the pile, true or not, doesnt really matter.

its like saying 1 of the 23 women who accused trump of sexual assault is lying. okay. fine. 22 arent.
It sounds like just one person accused him of assault though

OP
OP
Cantona222

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait

You have to give more weight to this case. It is the only sexual assault accusation case (they had sex). The remaining ones are all sexual harassments.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017

But one woman accused him of sexual assault, and others came to her defence saying they had also gotten shitty creepy messages, which they had not thought much of at the time but the accusation of sexual assault certainly changed that context for them.

So if the one actual accusation of sexual assault turns out to be not as portrayed, does this not change the context of a lot of the other messages too? I mean, there's quite a distance between being an adulterous creep and being a rapist.

I hate to be turning into the guy 'defending' him, since I don't even know him or his/Screenjunkies content beyond the occasional honest trailer. But I do think it's quite concerning how easily everyone seems to dismiss this and say he got what he deserved. One should not get grouped together with Weinstein, Rattner and Spacey for cheating on his/her spouse. Not only has his life been severely damaged (in a very public way), shit like this is also damaging to real victims and only serves as ammo for the altright to doubt real cases.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
But one woman accused him of sexual assault, and others came to her defence saying they had also gotten shitty creepy messages, which they had not thought much of at the time but the accusation of sexual assault certainly changed that context for them.

So if the one actual accusation of sexual assault turns out to be not as portrayed, does this not change the context of a lot of the other messages too? I mean, there's quite a distance between being an adulterous creep and being a rapist.

I hate to be turning into the guy 'defending' him, since I don't even know him or his/Screenjunkies content beyond the occasional honest trailer. But I do think it's quite concerning how easily everyone seems to dismiss this and say he got what he deserved. One should not get grouped together with Weinstein, Rattner and Spacey for cheating on his/her spouse. Not only has his life been severely damaged (in a very public way), shit like this is also damaging to real victims and only serves as ammo for the altright to doubt real cases.
The alt right doesn't need ammo. They use imaginary bullets. Stop saying that.

OP
OP
Cantona222

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait

I agree. That's exactly how I see it.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His accuser basically says, "Yes, I knew this would come out. I'm moving on and I am not going to talk about it anymore."

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
The least you can do, is at least watch the video, look at how their interactions went and THEN make up your mind. At least then you can tell him to fuck off for the right reasons.

He still threatened to fire his employee (JTE) if he ever talked about his affair with the accuser.
And he was not fired because of a sexual assault charge. He was fired because he repeatedly used his position and power to sexually harass fans and coworkers which, I'm sure you will agree, reflects poorly on his character and certainly on his professionalism.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much. From watching the video, he seems to have receipts regarding the situation. And the other women who have accused him have suggested that this particular woman's accusation seems a step beyond what they would've expected, though they believed it and let it colour their opinion of their interactions with him. But I'm not fully-informed on the entire context of the situation, so I can't rightly say that it's fully clear-cut.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Eh, I disagree with that, especially considering the accusation that's being refuted here. It by no means exonerates him completely from the other crap he did, but the truth matters.

OP
OP
Cantona222

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
He still threatened to fire his employee (JTE) if he ever talked about his affair with the accuser.
I didn't know about that and that makes the situation worse for sure. Were there evidence that was shared by JTE or April about it? It should be an evidence and not a statement since we now know that JTE and April are capable of lying.

Last edited:

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I disagree with that, especially considering the accusation that's being refuted here. It by no means exonerates him completely from the other crap he did, but the truth matters.

i do agree with that, for sure.

i think its more for me like, well one person acted like trash, and another acted like bigger trash, and its just a bunch of trash.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
And he was not fired because of a sexual assault charge. He was fired because he repeatedly used his position and power to sexually harass fans and coworkers which, I'm sure you will agree, reflects poorly on his character and certainly on his professionalism.
I think we can all agree on him having poor character. What I'm saying is that it's quite concerning this guy got a very public punishment far outweighing having poor character and professional behaviour and all initial reactions here seemed to be dismissive of this. As was said above, the truth IS important but a lot of people seem to have made up their minds already, nuance be damned.

Annatar86

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
being a shitty person who uses his postion of power to leverage for sex (?) and being a rapist are 2 very different things.
He's scummy and a garbage person for the infidelity and abuse of power (and for the sexual harassment which are a result of abuse of power) but this is not ok. What the hell is wrong with part of Era not calling this bullshit out?

Sexual assault is not something you can shrug off and say "oh well who cares he probably would have done it if he had the chance" (which seems to what people are implying here)

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have never watched a single video by this guy before, but I watched the one above. The guy has piles of evidence that the majority of serious allegations against him are false. Internet mobs are fucked up, and its just as fucked up when people aren't willing to examine when they could've been wrong. This thread alone is an example of that. The guy may be a disgusting creep(and he admits as much) but he doesn't seem to be a rapist.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
I think we can all agree on him having poor character. What I'm saying is that it's quite concerning this guy got a very public punishment far outweighing having poor character and professional behaviour

I'm not sure which public punishment you're refering to.
As far as I'm concerned, I understand why he was fired. Is there anything else I'm not aware of, or are you saying he shouldn't have been fired?

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not sure which public punishment you're refering to.
As far as I'm concerned, I understand why he was fired. Is there anything else I'm not aware of, or are you saying he shouldn't have been fired?
His name was plastered next to Weinstein's at the start of the metoo movement and he had a lot of very negative publicity (obviously) calling him a rapist, let alone the internet mob that came after him and his family. I would call that a public punishment, and if the accusation was false, then it was uncalled for and unfair and it should be rectified. That would be a correct course of action and I wouldn't be surprised if he could claim damages in court for this.

I'm sure you understand that the consequences and impact on his life would've been very different if it was just a consentual affair that became public, yes?

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Whether you like him or not. How many people here have actually watched the entire video?

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Whether you like him or not. How many people here have actually watched the entire video?
I watched it the other day. Def confirms that Andy was a creep that used his position to hook up with fans of the show, and was compulsive with his unsolicited flirting, which is in and of itself enough to be disciplined and or fired from the company. Even in the case of April, she seems far more interested in being on the show and talking about the show than she is of flirting with him. Her initial flirts are all in response to his "hehe jk" flirts, which honestly could be read as her just going along in a jokey way.

But then it does shift and there are clear points where she flat out lies about the sequence of events, most notably the invitation to the hotel. That particular lie is what prompted most of the other women that accused him of sending unsolicited texts to recontualize their interaction with him and publicly support April.

I'm interested to see how era as a whole responds to something like this.

Last edited:

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
His name was plastered next to Weinstein's at the start of the metoo movement

Which seems fair, since he also used his work position to sexually harass women.

let alone the internet mob that came after him and his family.

I had no idea people went after his family, that's horrible.
I only heard his wife divorced him because of the numerous and very public affairs.

I would call that a public punishment, and if the accusation was false, then it was uncalled for and unfair and it should be rectified.
That would be a correct course of action and I wouldn't be surprised if he could claim damages in court for this.

If he feels he was wronged because of the accusation of sexual assault, I'm sure he will feel confident enough to sue the accuser, yes.

I'm sure you understand that the consequences and impact on his life would've been very different if it was just a consentual affair that became public, yes?

Yes.

His wife would still have left him, though.
And he would still have been fired for the repeated sexual harassment of fans and coworkers.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Started watching the video. She has explaining to do. You can't just cop out with "my truth".

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The assault charges are probably bullshit because he brought the receipts... but all the other shit he pulled? Yeah, he should still be ostracized. He can try to get back into business but he may never be hired again to be in front of the camera or have any sort of power.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
"An honest defense of Andy Signore"....................by Andy Signore.

Sometimes you gotta defend yourself, especially on the internet. If you don't think it's honest feel free to post why?

With that said I have to watch the video and I have to familiarize myself with what happened before I say anything else.

Nov 8, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
Which seems fair, since he also used his work position to sexually harass women.
If Andy Signore is guilty of sexual harassment, then he deserves to have his name plastered next to that of someone else who is guilty of sexual harassment. However, if that other person is also guilty of sexual assault, and Andy Signore is not, then the two names should not be plastered next to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.