Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Groping women is sexual harassment but it's not exactly a fast track to pedophilia either.
Considering in that twitter thread you see him do it to multiple underage girls I would say it's a really fucking easy connection to make.

I mean jesus, that one with Sessions batting his hand away from his granddaughter was telling as hell.

Regardless of the guy posting the thread (turning point shit head from what I saw mentioned here) that thread is enough to make me think he needs seriously looking into.

I'm English so don't know much about Biden but knew there was a couple examples of this behaviour but didn't realise it was so prevalent.

Deleted member 10224

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's really fucked up is that he kinda normalized his behavior by doing it so publicly. This would probably be worse for him if there weren't clips after clips of him doing it in front of cameras. A lot of people will just hand-wave this as him just being good ol' uncle Joe and not super fucking creepy old man.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
someone needs to start beating him at the polls
It's a little tough when the polls are biased to begin with. In the last week I've seen polls where most were asked via landline, and another where part of the demographic were people who had voted in the previous 2 elections. Meaning you would have had to be 18+ back in 2012 to even be asked under that qualification.

If we're going to bias it like that let's do an online only poll, or hell let me just go to the next Bernie Sanders or Beto O'Rourke rally and get my polling numbers from them. I wonder who would win??

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It's a little tough when the polls are biased to begin with. In the last week I've seen polls where most were asked via landline, and another where part of the demographic were people who had voted in the previous 2 elections. Meaning you would have had to be 18+ back in 2012 to even be asked under that qualification.
I feel the closer we get tot he primaries the more the picture will change or at least I am hoping that is the case.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He doesn't HAVE to do anything, but him not running isn't going to be the deciding factor of whether or not Trump wins again.

It does. He's polling better than any other candidate, ahead of Bernie and Beto. The other candidates aren't even remotely polling well.

So should he pull out and leave it up to Bernie and Beto and then a bunch of people who have next to no chance?

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It does. He's polling better than any other candidate, ahead of Bernie and Beto. The other candidates aren't even remotely polling well.

So should he pull out and leave it up to Bernie and Beto and then a bunch of people who have next to no chance?

absolutely

also we haven't even had a debate yet, the polls right now mean just about nothing

Lol what polls are you looking at where the other candidates don't have a chance?

Even that Pennsylvania one that was put out recently had most of the front runners (Bernie, Harris, Warren Beto) had them beating Trump.

Hell give Pete more time and he will be up there too.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Biden has a shit record with minorities and is a touchy feely grabass.

Of course anyone who ballwashes the "moderates" think he's the best pick.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017

Man TIL if Biden drops out all the people voting for him in these worthless pre-primary popularity polls will just choose not to vote at all 18 months from now.

The more you know!

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Man TIL if Biden drops out all the people voting for him in these worthless pre-primary popularity polls will just choose not to vote at all 18 months from now.

The more you know!
Makes sense. Everybody mostly loves having Trump as President. They just would have made a little effort if it was Biden that won, because only he they could like better than Trump.

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm personally up in the air for either Warren or Buttigieg. Biden needs to just get out of the way if he really wants what is best for the country.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Biden needs to come out, apologize for his behavior. Explain how he didn't realize how he was making these women feel, and commit to not running for president but still trying to make amends for this and helping the country in other ways - even if that means receding from the spotlight.

Also, seriously the people congratulating Trump because of this are super lame. That's me trying to be nice. Get that defeatist horsehite out of here...

Oct 26, 2017
Couple of friends and I were talking about this just last week and one of them had no idea what we were talking about so he fell down a rabbit hole of handsy Joe videos. The one with Clinton on the tarmac is really creepy as well.

And this is far from the only reason Biden shouldn't run. His policy record is rough and he still believes there are good faith republicans we can negotiate with.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Dude is a fucking creep. If he somehow ends up being the nominee I'm still voting for him though. We need to get rid of Trump.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
This is why those numbers on Biden leading the Democratic pack by a mile don't really worry me. As soon as he steps a toe into this race, they'll immediately drop as this shit hits every news network in the world. This is gonna be a three way race between Bernie, Beto and Harris

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
*Insert someone on the left being a prick/creep whatever*

Some* ResetEra members: World is over, congrats to Trump 2020.

Don't some of you ever get tired of this weird defeatism. Do you live in a bubble?

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie is the most popular candidate on this site, I'd say. But a vocal portion of era does not like him at all.
Someone make a thread with a poll. I'm genuinely curious.

Edit: Preferably with no joke choices and maybe Trump?? Let it be anonymous. Maybe I should just make this thread. Nah, too lazy.

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The guy who had sexual harassment claims within his campaign team during his 2016 run?

That same Bernie?

I do like Bernie tho. Shame that's going to plague him too.
1. That was people at his campaign, not Bernie himself. Of course, he should've done wayyyyy more to prevent that.
2. The one who spoke up about the harrassment had this to say
Last week, my experience, and that of some of my female co-workers, became the focus of a New York Times story on the sexual harassment and sexism that took place in the 2016 Bernie Sanders campaign. I told my story to bring attention to the sexist environment that is unfortunately endemic to most workspaces, including political campaigns. However, I was disheartened to discover that the takeaway by many pundits was not that sexism and harassment is pervasive, but that Sanders was somehow uniquely culpable. I was also struck by some of the messages and tweets calling into question the character of the women who spoke out.
https://theintercept.com/2019/01/10/bernie-sanders-campaign-sexual-harassment-sexism/

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The guy who had sexual harassment claims within his campaign team during his 2016 run?

That same Bernie?

I do like Bernie tho. Shame that's going to plague him too.

yes that same Bernie, the guy who heard about those sexual harassment allegations during his 2016 campaign and changed the way he ran in 2018 and the way he's running his primary campaign now to make sure that it doesn't happen again and if it does it's taken care of properly

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't believe Biden had 40% of the votes in that Biden vs Bernie thread.
Bernie doesn't have a stellar personal track record either lets be honest. He is a creepy old man too with a lot of eyebrow raising awful things he has said about women:
https://www.vox.com/2015/5/28/8682503/bernie-sanders-rape-fantasy

We have plenty of non Bernie or Biden options to pick from. Why does it have to be between two creepy old men? We have Kamala, Mayor Pete, Beto, etc. there is no reason to limit our choice between crusty old white dudes.

In a post me too era, a post 2018 dem election that was a rebuke on old creepy white males, we shouldn't be forced to pick between either.

No reason to lament Biden being gross. Pete, Kamala, Beto, etc are all there waiting for support.

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

This was only a matter of time before some oppo started bringing this up and, frankly, it needed to happen. Biden is a problem and the Democrats need to put their faith behind someone better.

We don't have anyone better. The whole field is flawed.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yes that same Bernie, the guy who heard about those sexual harassment allegations during his 2016 campaign and changed the way he ran in 2018 and the way he's running his primary campaign now to make sure that it doesn't happen again and if it does it's taken care of properly
The same Bernie Sanders who ignored the allegations in his campaign during the actual 2016 primary. It wasn't a secret in his campaign. The women complained about how they were treated. He did nothing. Fixing it in 2018 isn't an excuse for ignoring it while it happened in 2016.

The same Bernie Sanders who said women want to be raped. Alright.

Biden being gross doesn't suddenly make Bernie a viable option if you care about the treatment of women. Both are shitty if you care about this issue. Cancel em both and pick a non creepy old dude. There are plenty to pick from.

I would love to hear how Bernie is a better option in a post Me Too era than say Mayor Pete given his past statements on gender and past problems of sexual assault/harassment in his office.

Trying to spin Biden being gross into a pro-Bernie push is nonsensical. We can do better than both of them. It's 2019.