• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Beach day. Then fireworks downtown. Will be drinking and smoking and eating all day. July 4th is a great time in San Diego.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Going to Universal Studios, they are doing fireworks set to some movie music. It's right up the street and I have an annual pass so why not. It's the first time I've gone out on the 4th in many years, I'm not patriotic, just wanna see some light-bangs with a beer or two.

Grilling some eggless burgers
Please tell me people don't put eggs in their fucking burger meat. That's literally meatloaf, not a hamburger lmao.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
We bought a sweet condo late last summer with a rooftop patio in the downtown area, so we're going to have a few friends over and watch the fireworks from one of the best spots in the city. First time in many years that I've looked forward to the 4th.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to draw stuff. I do not celebrate these monkey-minded holidays such as "4th of July". What is that, what is that anyway.

Oct 28, 2017
My fiancé is on a girls trip with her mom until next Wednesday, so I'll be alone. I plan to do a lot of nothing unless my parents come down.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Taking the kids and the dogs and the lady up to my moms place near Port Townsend to get the fuck outta town and maybe watch some half decent fireworks out over the bay.

And eat.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Kayaking and hiking with my wife and dogs

maybe a bonfire and s'mores? that's about it

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Huge BBQ at my house. Both sides of the family, extended family, friends and even some friends of friends. Outdoor games, board games, video games (our media room has 4 xboxes & 4 TVs), and enough food to feed an army. At dusk, we'll all wander our neighborhood on the lake where there is always a ton of professional grade fireworks going off for 2-3hrs straight. It's going to be awesome. This is the first time the entire family has been together since xmas 2019.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing really, weather's gonna suck Fri-Sun in the North East, which honestly is okay given that it's been freakin 95 every day for a week and we can use the rain.

Monday looks nice, 80 degrees and sunny, so we're gonna see if we can go to my in-laws pool with the kiddo on MOnday and go swimming.

Friday we're doing our normal thing, going out to dinner with the kid.

Back 4+ years ago used to have a huge July 4th rager every year. But that's gone since we had a baby and others have had kids. With the shitty weather I think we're just gonna chill out around the house maybe some short activities outside, maybe check out a brewery or something on Sat or Sun.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Eat food, hang out, and maybe be obnoxious to our former monarchy online.

Zaphod

Aug 21, 2019
Sit on my porch for a bit and watch the neighbors blow up their kids' college fund, then go back in and comfort my big old scared corgi.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
I'll be working at least one shift hoping not to get called in for a second.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
Nov 20, 2017
Take my mom out to see Fast and Furious 9 (she loves those movies, im kind of meh on it) and then take her out for a steak dinner.

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
Cooking out, drinking some quality craft beer, listening to music, hanging with the family and then lighting off some fireworks when it starts getting dark. Love the 4th of July!

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
I've got plans to go to a friend's kid's birthday party. There'll be lots of folks I haven't seen since pre-COVID, so that'll be really nice. Not doing shit for the 4th proper.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I'll be going to a wedding on Saturday, painting my house on Sunday, and playing golf on Monday. Somewhere in between all that I'm gonna smoke a rack of ribs.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
As little as possible. I'll probably turn on The Twilight Zone on Netflix or Paramount Plus, since Syfy doesn't do their July 4 marathons anymore.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Ya know, I have a handful of bottle rockets I've held onto for /years./ Might be a good way to get them out of the house if they still work.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Smoking a 15lb full packer brisket. Gonna start it the day before and smoke it for 24 hours with a 50/50 salt and pepper blend. My folks are making all the sides and snacks, I'm just providing the meat
Yee haw

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Going to be raining all day looking at the weather report here. I got a pack of Johnsonville sausages so will likely air fry some of those up eat potato chips and play Warcraft all day.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Just enjoying the three day weekend. No plans besides homework, movies, video games, and hanging out with the kitten.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
We did nothing last year, for obvious reasons.

But all of our friend group are vaccinated and all our kids are the same age. We host a pool party every year and do fireworks. Got a couple of briskets I'm gonna smoke tomorrow, for Saturday.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Aside from having tomorrow off I work Saturday and Sunday so I guess I'll be doing that. Was thinking about going to "the city" but changed my mind so I ain't doing shit Friday.