GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Update:

Link.

This years Prime Day event will also feature deals at Whole Foods. US Prime members will receive an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items, and "deep discounts" on select products. Amazon Prime Rewards Visa cardmembers will be treated to double the rewards — 10 percent back — on up to $400 in Whole Foods purchases.

Here's a highlight of deals available starting today, with new discounts and exclusives coming each day in the run-up to the 16th:

• Save $100 on Echo Show ($229.99 marked down to $129.99).
  • Save up to 50 percent on Prime Video, DVDs, and Blu-Rays.
  • Four months of Amazon Music Unlimited for 99 cents.
  • Three months of Kindle Unlimited for 99 cents.
  • Three months of Audible for $4.95 a month (65 percent savings).
  • One free PC game every day through July 18th on Twitch Prime. Titles include Pillars of Eternity and Brutal Legend, and exclusive in-game loot for Warframe and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.

Link.

Amazon's highly anticipated annual shopping event, Prime Day will start on July 16 at 12pm PT/3pm ET and will run through July 17. Bigger than ever, Prime Day (and a half) will extend from 30 hours in 2017 to 36 hours, with more than one million deals exclusively for Prime members around the world, plus select deals at all U.S. Whole Foods Market stores. Members in the U.S., U.K., Spain, Mexico, Japan, India, Italy, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium, Austria and – new this year – Australia, Singapore, Netherlands and Luxembourg, can shop deals across TVs, smart home, kitchen, grocery, toys, fashion, furniture, appliances and back-to-school supplies and even stock up on everyday essentials. This year, Prime Day will feature double the deals on Amazon devices—and the biggest deals yet on Alexa-enabled products like Echo, Fire TV and Fire tablets, in addition to new categories from home security to Echo devices with screens. Not a member yet? Anyone can join Prime or start a 30-day free trial at amazon.com/primeday to participate in Prime Day.

Original OP:

Link.

PwNCh4w.jpg

Amazon Prime Day 2018 will take place on Tuesday July 17th with deals starting at midday the day before - Monday 16th. That's all according to a Prime Day 2018 banner published on the Amazon UK website - presumably in error - and discovered by TechRadar this morning.

The 36 hour period for Prime Day 2018 makes it the longest Prime 'day' ever - providing final and clinching proof that Amazon cares not for the mental health or sleep patterns of TechRadar's hard working deals team. It eclipses last year's 30-hour period which started the evening before at 9pm and also breaks with Amazon's recent tradition of running Prime Day on the second Tuesday in July.

The dates we have above are for Amazon Prime Day in the UK but - assuming this is not all an elaborate practical joke from Amazon's design team - the exact times are likely to be marginally different in the US where of course there are multiple time zones.

Last year, Prime Day began at 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific, and ended at midnight Pacific. So our prediction for Amazon Prime Day in the US this year is a midday start on the 16th EST, running all the way through until midnight on the 17th PST - that would mean Prime Day 2018 running for 39 hours in the US.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This was such a sad collection of weird nonsense last year. You can't go in expecting anything in particular.

It's basically Amazon's garage sale.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
I know this place is very tech and games focused but little useful household and kitchen things are always nice, along with the random really good PC component deal.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm down for 30 dollar PS4 games going for 5 dollars, yes.

Deleted member 2102

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
eh, Prime Day has decent deals on home goods and cheap furniture/fixings. My apartment's feeling a bit barren aesthetically, so I'll keep an eye out for anything decent.

Could use it as a chance to upgrade to a proper Instant Pot, too.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
Calling prime day a yard sale is generous. Yard sale goods tend to come with some good stories at the very least.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got an Anova precision cooker last year and I've been a sous vide snob ever since.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Boo starts the day after I have to renew for the new price :(. Well in for price mistakes.

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
I love how they hype it like some sort of amazing thing but it's always garbage outside of people messing up prices.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing that has been good about prime day for the past few years is the price mistakes. Hopefully we get some good ones this year.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a couple hundred dollars worth of handyman services on a glitch. That was great.

Maybe they'll get me to buy a Soundtank finally. I guess I am I'm the market for a TV too.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many chef hats will be on sale this year.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
I got a TV at a good price last year in this actually.

Didn't hit that price again anywhere until very recently.

And a Logitech G29 for a cheaper price than anywhere else too.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Super glad this is on a Monday. I deliver Amazon for USPS on Sundays. Everything should pretty much be cleared out by then.

I'll be watching. I have managed to find at least one thing to buy each time, but overall, if I had anything better to do I'd pass, wading through crap is what it amounts to.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I need a new doorbell so hopefully they'll have their Ring products on sale.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
MrsBS needs a new kindle so can I'll take whatever marginal discount I can get.