texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
QHpkyBt.png
MW7uxaK.png

In terms of writing and characterization, who's your favorite? And why?

It's probably too soon for Kassandra, but so far she's been a blast for me. Aloy is more on the cuter side at times (tbf, she's younger), but Kassandra is a total badass. I also like it how I can choose her moral views in dialogues. She can be compassionate when helping people in needs, but she can also be a total jerk who only care about money. One of the best female leads in recent years.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kassandra is the same mold of "snarky obnoxious and "charming" " character they decided they had to keep writing after people didn't like Connor.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Kassandra doesnt have some dumb stuff on her forehead so she wins

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I am playing Horizon at the moment and Aloy has the personality of a rock, a very cocky rock

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I thought Aloy was your typical cliche hero, I'm actually using Alexio so I'm not sure about kassandra lol. But considering every time I see someone playing AC it's with Kassandra, I'm starting to feel like I made a mistake...

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I found Aloy boring.

Which led me to believe she was actually a robot, but no, turns out she is just that boring.

Haven't played Odyssey yet, but I don't doubt Kassandra is fun. AC protagonists have always been pretty good, with the outlier that was Connor. And even then, I've been told he isn't too bad. I just couldn't finish the game to find out whether that was true or not.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have not finished Odyssey yet, but Kassandra wins for me. She's amazing. Aloy's backstory was more emotional and affecting, but Kass kills it in the actual story. It's amazing how much better she is than the utterly stiff, robotic and cheesy Alexios. He feels like a throwaway, No wonder he's not the canon hero.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Aloy. She is unique. Cassandra is just an echo of Alexios.

Oct 27, 2017
Aloy's character model is rendered much better. But, I'm not sure who I like better overall, personality wise. (Credit Eduardo Fonseca and Anton Pavlov on Flickr)
33449877482_cbebb19be9_o_d.png

30214780977_61d21562b9_o_d.jpg

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn Aloy is that bad?

Not bad but pretty vanilla.

She spends a big chunk of the story reacting to things and not offering much input besides "this is objectionably bad and I must stop it."

Her little quips while collecting and fighting annoyed the hell out of me, like they're trying to inject a confident and cocky personality, but it feels manufactured. It would be like if an RE character went "ah, bullets! I can use these with my gun!"

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Kassandra. And I'm a pretty big horizon fan.
Me too. I adored Aloy when I played Horizon last year. She's strong, independent, can be quite snarky at times, definitely one of my favorite female leads.

But the problem is, female leads in gaming are kinda scarce so the bar is probably not that high anyway. But Kassandra, she raised the bar with a huge leap this year.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
So, Aloy is younger. She's like what, 19 or something. And she definitely has personality, but it's more late teen, snarky type of personality. Which is fine.

But the moment you meet Kassandra, she's immediately a no nonsense, badass. Who's a bit older, maybe by like 10 years, you get the feeling she's been at this life for awhile. Someone who Aloy could eventually be.

So Kassy is just better by default. Cause she is a cooler narrative character. Aloy is like Luke Skywalker, where Kassandra is like Han Solo.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I found Aloy boring.

Which led me to believe she was actually a robot, but no, turns out she is just that boring.

Ya Aloy was devoid of any character.

When your main character is being outdone by audio recordings, especially recordings of the character she's cloned from, you have a problem.

I dropped Horizon 4 hours in, but I read these spoiler tags and I actually thought she does turn out to be a robot until I reread them again.

Would've made a metric ton of sense.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Aloy is as non character as possible.
Didn't play the new AC but it's not hard to make a better character than Aloy.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Aloy is an incredibly boring char and Ash Burch was mediocre as her, due to poor voice direction I guess.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Aloy was okay but ultimately dull, Kassandra is definitely more interesting to me. Tonally she's a little all over the shop though.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't get past hearing Chloe from Life is Strange whenever Aloy spoke.