Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I just binge watched the entire season 6 of this (it's on Netflix) in literally the last 24 hours because it's that compelling.

It's absolutely insane. Like 5+ legit mental breakdowns.

They get dropped off with a limited selection of gear and no guns.

Set in the NW territory of Canada waaaay the fuck up there. Sun starts setting at like 2pm and day time temps at -20 F by the end of it. The longest folks go for like 3mos.

Like they are all legit trapping, fishing, and hunting with extremely limited resources, crazy shelter building, etc. They are eating rabbit intestines by the end of it.

For those squeemish you probably can't handle it, but seriously one of the most fascinating TV series I've ever seen.

If already a thread lemme know, couldn't find it.

Edit : Philo TV has history channel and it's $20 a month.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I remember watching season 1 and 2 but didn't watch the one where they were paired with someone, just don't think its quite the same.

Ditters

Nov 2, 2017
I recently binged season 6 as well. It's a great show. Jordan was so impressive. He was recently on Rogan. It's a great interview. Season 7 just started and it has not dissapointed.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the show where there is a naked couple and the man always goes full out for like 2 days and then drinks the wrong water and ends up lying in the shade with diarrhea while the woman does everything for the rest of show? I watched a reality show like that at my parents' house and it was goood.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember watching season 1 and 2 but didn't watch the one where they were paired with someone, just don't think its quite the same.

From everything I've seen online S6 is by far the most insane just because of how truly hostile the environment is. S7 is set in the same location but I don't have access to it.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
before i even look into this someone give it to me straight - is this some bear grills shit? like fake?

Oct 25, 2017
I never watched the arctic episodes on Netflix yet but I've seen a bunch of the ones set on Vancouver Island (not on Netflix?) and enjoyed them quite a bit.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also if mods end up seeing this id appreciate title spell check to survivor instead of surviver :(

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the show where there is a naked couple and the man always goes full out for like 2 days and then drinks the wrong water and ends up lying in the shade with diarrhea while the woman does everything for the rest of show? I watched a reality show like that at my parents' house and it was goood.
I think that's naked and afraid.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The mental breakdowns were pretty intense to watch. You see a guy losing his shit because he killed a squirrel that was living in a tree near him and was one of the only points of "contact" he had with another living creature but then he was starving so he had to do it. That or just people losing it when the finally catch a single hare in a snare.

I will say though that for a lot of people trained or having experience in survivalist areas many of them made some pretty boneheaded decisions. I attribute this partially to the mental fraying that happened but like people eating shit they know is going to cause them issues or people just not building proper shelters. Jordan though had his shit together. Dude killed a moose, killed a wolverine that was poaching his food and in general seemed to have his shit together and have the mental fortitude to last through it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The mental breakdowns were pretty intense to watch. You see a guy losing his shit because he killed a squirrel that was living in a tree near him and was one of the only points of "contact" he had with another living creature but then he was starving so he had to do it. That or just people losing it when the finally catch a single hare in a snare.

I will say though that for a lot of people trained or having experience in survivalist areas many of them made some pretty boneheaded decisions. I attribute this partially to the mental fraying that happened but like people eating shit they know is going to cause them issues or people just not building proper shelters. Jordan though had his shit together. Dude killed a moose, killed a wolverine that was poaching his food and in general seemed to have his shit together and have the mental fortitude to last through it.

Dude lived in Siberia for like 10 years and is kind of a fascinating person to watch and yet he had like 10k YouTube subscribers. His stuff from Siberia is fucking fascinating too and a pretty good example of how you can have amazing footage and even a huge personality and no one cares if you don't know how to market it.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I cannot work out the title from the thread title. Tried searching alone tv and the actual survivor .

Help an idiot out, what is the tv show called?

Edit: oh it is alone, I don't know why nothing showed up first time. Ignore me :P

OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude lived in Siberia for like 10 years and is kind of a fascinating person to watch and yet he had like 10k YouTube subscribers. His stuff from Siberia is fucking fascinating too and a pretty good example of how you can have amazing footage and even a huge personality and no one cares if you don't know how to market it.
I cannot work out the title from the thread title. Tried searching alone tv and the actual survivor .

Help an idiot out, what is the tv show called?

Search just Alone and history channel.

bigsnack

May 9, 2018
Los Angeles
Alone. I think it's on history channel. It's my personal favorite show! It's literally just people and their thoughts. They have to do all of the filming on their own and everything, so it's the real deal and not simulated for TV. These people go nuts, nearly slice off thumbs, etc, it's awesome!

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like something I'd enjoy... but I see it's not available on Canada Netflix.... sigh.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
I recently binged season 6 as well. It's a great show. [redacted] was so impressive. He was recently on Rogan. It's a great interview. Season 7 just started and it has not dissapointed.
I kinda feel it might be more appropriate to omit the actual name of the winner. Like, that's a pretty huge spoiler in the second post.

Oct 25, 2017
Naked_%26_Afraid_logo.jpg

That show is entertaining as hell,
There was an episode where the big tough guy got extreme sunburn on day 1 and the woman had to take care of him for days.
This woman could make everything from palm leaves(clothing, bags, etc) also made some kind of lotion for the burn

Last edited:

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished season 6. Never watched it before.
Pretty incredible stuff.
I have no idea how they managed to do it.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Watching now. Thanks for the thread OP. On episode 6 or so. Very good, people are losing their shit and getting injured and food poisoned

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
Father in law told me about this this weekend and I watched a couple episodes with him. Absolutely bonkers what these people have to deal with.

I thought "well at least they have the camera crew" but nope, that have to film everything themselves

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I love naked and afraid but was worried about this being some pro Trump bullshit but I guess I need to watch now.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I love naked and afraid but was worried about this being some pro Trump bullshit but I guess I need to watch now.

I am sure some of the contestants have questionable politics if you dug deep. But the show doesn't

The worst you have to be comfortable with some animal death.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I am sure some of the contestants have questionable politics if you dug deep. But the show doesn't

The worst you have to be comfortable with some animal death.
I'm fine with animal death in this context. Normally I hate it but even in Naked I get annoyed by people trying to trying to take some moral stand against it.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Tried the first season and bounced off of it quickly. Found it supremely boring watching people all by themselves.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Watched half of season of season one, really addicting, I watch videos of that one joe guy on youtubehe does bushcraft stuff with a dog as his companion

www.youtube.com

Joe Robinet

Bushcraft, Back Country Camping, Wilderness Canoe Tripping, Backpacking, My Dog, Scout.....now Tripper. RIP Scout This channel is mainly bushcraft style camp...

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Sorted out what I'll be watching tonight, thanks OP.

Watched half of season of season one, really addicting, I watch videos of that one joe guy on youtubehe does bushcraft stuff with a dog as his companion

www.youtube.com

Joe Robinet

Bushcraft, Back Country Camping, Wilderness Canoe Tripping, Backpacking, My Dog, Scout.....now Tripper. RIP Scout This channel is mainly bushcraft style camp...

Love Joe Robinet. What a nice guy. He lost his old dog Scout last year but he has a new dog named Tripper. Love his multi-day camping videos.

Oct 26, 2017

wow that answers that question. May have to watch this then. I usually can't get into these types of shows because I can never take my mind off a camera crew and producers and likely medics standing 10 feet off camera waiting to intervene if things get too intense.

Do the show runners track the participants in some way if they do indeed need help or are done?

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not one for reality tv but this is one of the most compelling shows I have ever seen. I often ask myself how long could i last in the and for this current season in the 100 day Artic challenge...maybe 5 days maybe.

Oct 28, 2017
wow that answers that question. May have to watch this then. I usually can't get into these types of shows because I can never take my mind off a camera crew and producers and likely medics standing 10 feet off camera waiting to intervene if things get too intense.

Do the show runners track the participants in some way if they do indeed need help or are done?

They have medical check ins once every so often and the participants have a panic phone that they use when they want to get picked up.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019

I've never had a problem with Naked and Afraid having medics on standby because it's definitely needed. Accidents happen but either way this show seems great.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

afaik all they have is a sat phone. dude burned down his sheltler in the middle of the night in -20 F temps and they told him to stay by his shelter fire until morning as they couldn't run the chopper that cold and that proved to be true. He had to build a makeshift shelter in the middle of the night to make it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
The first two seasons are also on History channel's website in the US (not sure about elsewhere).

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

In season one they actually used GPS to find a guy in the middle of the night, he called because there were bears all around and he was scared AF.?

Ditters

Nov 2, 2017
I kinda feel it might be more appropriate to omit the actual name of the winner. Like, that's a pretty huge spoiler in the second post.
I didn't specifically say he won and it aired a year ago. I feel like the spoiler courtesy is over. I knew who won going into season 6 myself and it did not diminish it at all. My 6 year old daughter loves it.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone see the latest episode?
Took down a damn musk ox, holy shit that was crazy

Last edited: