Mar 29, 2022
blog.playstation.com

All-new PlayStation Plus game lineup: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Demon’s Souls, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, NBA 2K22, and more join the service

Ape Escape, Super Stardust Portable,Syphon Filter, and Tekken 2, are among the classic games with a new user experience.

YRVA3qt.jpg

Ubisoft + Classics will be part of PS Plus Extra / Premium at no additional cost

It's almost here! Our new PlayStation Plus service is launching soon, and we are pleased to share with you an early look at some of the games* that will be included during the launch time frame. As we announced in March, there will be three benefit plans to choose from– all with exciting games to play.

Here's a look at the games to come. Please note titles may vary by local market, and some titles may not be available to stream until after launch, but they will be available to download and play.

PlayStation Studios Games:
  • Alienation | Housemarque, PS4
  • Bloodborne | FromSoftware, PS4
  • Concrete Genie | Pixelopus, PS4
  • Days Gone | Bend Studio, PS4
  • Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition | Housemarque, PS4
  • Death Stranding and Death Stranding Director's Cut | Kojima Productions, PS4/PS5
  • Demon's Souls | Bluepoint Games, PS5
  • Destruction AllStars | Lucid Games, PS5
  • Everybody's Golf | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut | Sucker Punch, PS4/ PS5
  • God of War | Santa Monica Studio, PS4
  • Gravity Rush 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Gravity Rush Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Horizon Zero Dawn | Guerrilla Games, PS4
  • Infamous First Light | Sucker Punch, PS4
  • Infamous Second Son | Sucker Punch, PS4
  • Knack | Japan Studio, PS4
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 | Sumo Digital, PS4
  • LocoRoco Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
  • LocoRoco 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Marvel's Spider-Man | Insomniac Games, PS4
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4/PS5
  • Matterfall |Housemarque, PS4
  • MediEvil | Other Ocean, PS4
  • Patapon Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Patapon 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Resogun | Housemarque, PS4
  • Returnal | Housemarque, PS5
  • Shadow of the Colossus | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Tearaway Unfolded |Media Molecule, PS4
  • The Last Guardian | Japan Studio, PS4
  • The Last of Us Remastered | Naughty Dog, PS4
  • The Last of Us: Left Behind | Naughty Dog, PS4
  • Until Dawn | Supermassive Games, PS4
  • Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection |Naughty Dog, PS4
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End | Naughty Dog, PS4
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
  • WipEout Omega Collection | Clever Beans & Creative Vault Studios, PS4

PlayStation has revealed its classic games catalog for PS+:

Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. Some of the titles will also be available for individual purchase.

K3CYsHW.jpg

VfKEUnY.jpg

mO1uqmz.jpg

PS+ Time Limited Game Trials:

Playtime only counted while in the game; trophies and save data carry over

FS4PgwNWIAAumns

Current PS+ Trial Games available:
  • Uncharted: Legacy Of Thieves Collection
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • CP2077
  • Farming Simulator 22
  • Tiny Tina's Wonderland
  • WWE 2K22
Monthly New Games:

FS4QIzGXwAA_42F

PlayStation will add new games every month to the catalog.
  • PS+ Essential: Essential is just the regular PlayStation Plus monthly game drops + online play.
  • PS+ Extra & Premium/Deluxe: Additional new games will be added "across the Extra/Premium plans" in the middle of the month; number of game varies per month.

Last edited:

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice!

I already played through Ghost of Tsushima on PS4, but I could probably go for a directors cut replay.

Edit: Worms Armageddon is the real megaton.

Last edited:

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
blog.playstation.com

All-new PlayStation Plus game lineup: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Demon’s Souls, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, NBA 2K22, and more join the service

Ape Escape, Super Stardust Portable,Syphon Filter, and Tekken 2, are among the classic games with a new user experience.

PlayStation Studios

Alienation | Housemarque, PS4
Bloodborne | FromSoftware, PS4
Concrete Genie | Pixelopus, PS4
Days Gone | Bend Studio, PS4
Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition | Housemarque, PS4
Death Stranding and Death Stranding Director's Cut | Kojima Productions, PS4/PS5
Demon's Souls | Bluepoint Games, PS5
Destruction AllStars | Lucid Games, PS5
Everybody's Golf | Japan Studio, PS4
Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut | Sucker Punch, PS4/ PS5
God of War | Santa Monica Studio, PS4
Gravity Rush 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
Gravity Rush Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
Horizon Zero Dawn | Guerrilla Games, PS4
Infamous First Light | Sucker Punch, PS4
Infamous Second Son | Sucker Punch, PS4
Knack | Japan Studio, PS4
LittleBigPlanet 3 | Sumo Digital, PS4
LocoRoco Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
LocoRoco 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
Marvel's Spider-Man | Insomniac Games, PS4
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4/PS5
Matterfall |Housemarque, PS4
MediEvil | Other Ocean, PS4
Patapon Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
Patapon 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
Resogun | Housemarque, PS4
Returnal | Housemarque, PS5
Shadow of the Colossus | Japan Studio, PS4
Tearaway Unfolded |Media Molecule, PS4
The Last Guardian | Japan Studio, PS4
The Last of Us Remastered | Naughty Dog, PS4
The Last of Us: Left Behind | Naughty Dog, PS4
Until Dawn | Supermassive Games, PS4
Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection |Naughty Dog, PS4
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End | Naughty Dog, PS4
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
WipEout Omega Collection | Clever Beans & Creative Vault Studios, PS4

Classic Games Catalog – Original PlayStation and PSP

PlayStation Studios

Ape Escape | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
Hot Shots Golf | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
I.Q. Intelligent Qube | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
Jumping Flash! | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
Syphon Filter | Bend Studio, Original PlayStation
Super Stardust Portable | Housemarque, PSP
Third Party Partners

Mr. Driller | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
Tekken 2 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
Worms World Party | Team 17, Original PlayStation
Worms Armageddon | Team17, Original PlayStation

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
YO
PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe members will have a selection of popular classic games to play, with some titles that will show improved frame rates and higher-quality resolution compared to their original launch versions. For select original PlayStation and PSP classic games, members will also enjoy a new user interface with menus that allow you to save your game at any time, or even rewind the game if you want a do-over.

Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. Some of the titles will also be available for individual purchase

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'll take this opportunity to play Guardians of the Galaxy after reading great things about it here.

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
*** This title is available to PlayStation Plus Extra members as part of Ubisoft+ Classics. Access to Ubisoft+ Classics games is a benefit for PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium members.

O_O

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. Some of the titles will also be available for individual purchase.

So many concerns squashed.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I don't understand, regarding Syphon Filter, if they will release ALL the games or just the very first one for PS1.
Nice we are also getting the original Ape Escape.
I just hope Sony will sell those stand-alone.

Also the fact they are calling PS2 Classics Remasters is kinda scummy, considering those are just emulated games with trophy support.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
The important part:

Classic Games Catalog

PlayStation Plus Premium**/Deluxe Plan

PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe members will have a selection of popular classic games to play, with some titles that will show improved frame rates and higher-quality resolution compared to their original launch versions. For select original PlayStation and PSP classic games, members will also enjoy a new user interface with menus that allow you to save your game at any time, or even rewind the game if you want a do-over.

Additionally, some remastered classics from previous console generations will be added to the PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe plan. Below is an early look at a selection of games that will be available.

Classic Games Catalog – Original PlayStation and PSP

PlayStation Studios

• Ape Escape | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
  • Hot Shots Golf | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
  • I.Q. Intelligent Qube | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
  • Jumping Flash! | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
  • Syphon Filter | Bend Studio, Original PlayStation
  • Super Stardust Portable | Housemarque, PSP
Third Party Partners

• Mr. Driller | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
  • Tekken 2 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
  • Worms World Party | Team 17, Original PlayStation
  • Worms Armageddon | Team17, Original PlayStation

Classic Games Catalog – Remasters

PlayStation Studios

• Ape Escape 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Dark Cloud | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Dark Cloud 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
  • FantaVision | SIE, PS4
  • Hot Shots Tennis | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Jak II | Naughty Dog, PS4
  • Jak 3| Naughty Dog, PS4
  • Jak X: Combat Racing | Naughty Dog, PS4
  • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
  • Rogue Galaxy | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Siren | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Wild Arms 3 | SIE, PS4

Some sort of... sick joke? These are all the classics they're promoting? 😭

Forward quoting myself since people stop saying "it says it's only some of the games":
The reason for my negative reaction is that "the list" is what I've been waiting for this whole time, and I know there are a lot of people like me who've been waiting for it, and our first look is a middling assortment of only 10 titles. It's a strange demonstration of the service and this doesn't inspire much confidence in the full range of titles.

I get that Sony has been bad at messaging before and almost all of the time it ends up better than expected (PS4 compatibility, even the rebuying of titles in this very announcement), but this one has me hand-wringing.

Last edited:

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Im just baffled why tekken 2 is added and not 3?

Are they hoping to like sell a separate HD version of tekken 3 or something at some point ?

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Does this
Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5.
Include *any* PSP game, or just the ones in collection? Because if it's any, hell yeah.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Not a bad start, and gets like Valhalla in particular are a sign that they're serious about building the library.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. Some of the titles will also be available for individual purchase

Holy shit balls they actually did it.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing. Threadworthy imo

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Disappointed in the initial collection of PS1 games, but not being charged when not on the service for ones you already purchased is fantastic.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Good list of games. Happy to finally give Demon Souls a shot.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Honoring purchases from previous generations is something Nintendo could take some notes from.

Lineup of PS1/ PS2 / PSP games isn't looking too impressive so far but I recognise it isn't the full launch list.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Does this

Include *any* PSP game, or just the ones in collection? Because if it's any, hell yeah.
Hmmm never thought about this. If it's any, wow going to be a fun time. I own a ton of digital PSP games that I only play once in awhile on my PSPGo, being able to play them on my PS5 would be amazing!

SaltyDuck

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Read people. They said in the article that this is a *selection* of what will be available on the service at launch, so it's not the full list.

Welkins

Apr 7, 2021
Wait a sec. I can play og syphon filter on ps5 even tho I bought forever ago on PS3. That's what I'm understanding. That's a megaton