illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
Swerve moves just like he did back in LU. I'm so glad I can watch him wrestle again.

Ridge Holland. He apparently also botched the same move on Johnny Gargano back in NXT. But of course Vince couldn't help but to bring someone up quickly who needed a lot more development time, and Big E was the one who had to pay the price.
Not even his first time? FFS Vince.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Yes! Swerve still has his Killshot finisher from LU too!

Great debut, and great overall match.

If they can book Swerve vs Adam Cole at some point, that match is going to kick so much ass.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
yeah that went a fair bit, and nese was a good showing. 0 character, but can go

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
That was a very fun Rampage, especially Swerve vs Nese. Hell, when you watch Nese you can see he's really talented in the ring but the guy lacks... charisma? I dunno, it's like you basically forget about him after the match and when you see him wrestling again you go "oh yeah, he's really talented" and then forget again and so on.

Give me that Keith Lee vs Powerhouse ASAP!

Also, Shida's promo was *very* good.

Last but not least - I like DMD but fuck it if I'm not tired of that stable winning every single match with fucking trickeries. I know that's what "old school heels" did but godammit, enough is enough and it's time for a change (as Owen said back then).

EDIT: Just saw Big E's injury. Fucking hell. Thankfully he's OK ("only" a broken neck) but that bump looked *nasty* as fuck.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Good Rampage!!

- Darby Allin vs Marq Quen - ***1/2 - Great action from both men, who got some time to shine. Good god a 450 splash to the outside??!!! Great way to open the show
- I will always mark out to the Hardy's theme music. Takes me back ...
- Scorpio looking good with that title. As much as I want Wardlow to win it, I want Scorpio to have a fun reign for about three months before dropping it.
- Jamie Hayter vs Mercedes Martinez - *** - Good match. Probably Mercedes' best match in AEW. Didn't care for the finish, but the match was good (Plus Heels will cheat to win)
- So ... Hikaru Shida is going to kill Serena Deeb?? Alright, I ain't getting in the middle of that. Just make sure the audience has Gallagher style tarps at ringside.
- QT Marshall vs Keith Lee - **1/2 - Fun match. Lee continues to look great in every match
- Yes to Hobbs vs Lee. Hell I'll take Lee vs Comoroto too
- Swerve Strickland vs Tony Nese - ***1/2 - My MOTN. Great match with some great offense from Tony Nese. Nese is the perfect person to have mainly on Dark, but shows out once in a while on Dynamite/Rampage. Swerve is a star and I see TNT gold in his near future.

Rating - B-
Good show with some good matches.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
THEY FUCKING CHANGED PETE DUNNE'S NAME TO BUTCH?!?!?! lol.....did he forget the ass Rolex?

they did WHAT
dd8636a9dab3e2ca40e40ebfdb0d4a44.jpg

I thought they couldn't do worse than Doudrop but Jesus tittyfucking Christ
They've dropped the bar so low it Cesaro literally fell off it

Last edited:

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
they did WHAT
dd8636a9dab3e2ca40e40ebfdb0d4a44.jpg

I thought they couldn't do worse than Doudrop but Jesus tittyfucking Christ
They've dropped the bar so low it Cesaro literally fell off it
Butch is funny but still not as bad as Doudrop and this discussion led me to look up if that name has a meaning and yikes...let's just say there's a few entries on Urban Dictionary and other sites with bad implications.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Butch is funny but still not as bad as Doudrop and this discussion led me to look up if that name has a meaning and yikes...let's just say there's a few entries on Urban Dictionary and other sites with bad implications.
Out of all the things Vince would know about, it's UD because that guy still has a juvenile sense of humor, and the man is 76 years old, mind you.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Just finished Rampage. Swerve is a goddamn star.

-Solid opener between Quen and Darby. It started off much slower than I was expecting, but that 450 to the outside woke me up. Guys, please be safe. That Hardys pop was legit.
-Scorpio looks fantastic with the belt and I really feel they're going to do right by him this time. Even if he just gets a run up to Double or Nothing, he can totally get himself over with his mic work and ring work. Heck, he's already there. Looking forward to this run.
-Jamie and Mercedes LAID into each other. That was stiff, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The spider German looked a bit dicey (see: dangerous), but all in all, that was a damn good match. My second favourite of the night.
-Shida rules. You can't help but respect the amount of work she's put into improving her English and keeping things fresh with her look and character. I hope Deeb/Shida V is killer. They should probably do it as a Rampage main event if they want to pump up the numbers and make a show feel important.
-I didn't like Keith Lee's presentation on Wednesday, but I loved it here. Beastly power spots, ring-shaking slams, and just out-and-out domination of his opponent. Loved it. Laughed at him tossing Solo as if he was nothing. I'd be totally down for Lee vs. Comoroto one-on-one, and I was surprised to see Hobbs and Ricky run down and get the best of Lee, but I'm also totally here for Lee vs. Hobbs.

----
-Very good main event. Gonna separate it from the rest of the show because Swerve stood out so much to me in this match. He moves unlike anyone else and has offense unlike anyone else on the entire roster. Just really eye-catching, captivating stuff, and all I could think during the match was how special he felt and how big he could be for AEW. This is a guy who's motivated to prove himself, to do things differently, and to be more than just a wrestler. Rooting hard for him.

Nice outing from Nese as well. He's a perfect CAW. Between this match and his TNT match against Sammy, he's proven his worth and shown he has a spot on the roster--it just happens to be on Rampage losing to guys with greater star power. Wouldn't mind seeing him vs. PAC for 12-15 minutes.

An enjoyable episode of Rampage tonight, and a strong week of AEW programming. Looking forward to St. Patrick's Day Slam on Wednesday, and rooting hard for Britt and Rosa to tear the house down.

Also, not AEW related, but really hope Big E is going to be okay. That neck bump looked incredibly scary.

EDIT: He seems to be in good spirits but has a broken neck.

Last edited:

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bought my ticket for Dynamite/Rampage @ Detroit early today. Missed out on the presale cause I didn't have my phone, but I think I got a good enough seat. Even if it's not close to the ring

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
Pete...or should I say Butch is teamed up with Sheamus and Ridge Holland. Ridge's real name is Luke. Luke and Butch. The whole thing is an insider Bushwacker joke so Vince, Johnny, and Bruce can have a big laugh and do an old man Bushwacker walk every time they talk to them.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
So when are we going to get the monster heel Galaxy's Least Favourite Alien run for Stat? I need it TK!

How about paying for a Hollywood Burns entrance theme too!

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Saturday. You know what that means. ❤️

Gutted for Big E. Awful news to wake up to. Hope he makes a fast and full recovery.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
One more WWE note that has brought an AEW story full circle. Pete Dunne, a former NXT wrestler, debuted last night and had his name changed to…Butch.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Folks shocked over the Pete Dunne thing in here too and I just don't... get it? Like yeah it's humorous, but the "I can't believe they did this" reactions are just... lol. Y'all forogt what WWE is, huh?

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
- Darby vs Quen was good.
- Mercedes vs Hayter was good. Don't mind Hayter winning but Mercedes needs some momentum. Most of the male veterans are booked better after their debuts.
- Great Shida promo.
- Lee vs QT was solid. Enjoyed Hobbs manhandling Lee.
- Nese vs Swerve was my MOTN. Loved Swerve in LU but found him boring in NXT. His current character is a big improvement.

NiV9lur.gif

Nov 5, 2017
Just finished Rampage after going to bed before it started (11:30 next week lol).

Really good stuff. Never saw Swerve wrestle before but he and Nese had a great match.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Folks shocked over the Pete Dunne thing in here too and I just don't... get it? Like yeah it's humorous, but the "I can't believe they did this" reactions are just... lol. Y'all forogt what WWE is, huh?

I'm in the "moderately amused" category with this Butch thing, especially after the Silver tweet. You're 100% right in saying "This is what they do." I don't watch and am not invested in WWE at all, but this story was all over the place last night. No one should be surprised, and I feel most of the "WTF?" reactions are people just having a laugh, not legit anger. For those who are legit upset, though…yeah, you should know what that company does by now.

Also, didn't notice the word "Revenge" on one side of Shida's face. Cool stuff.

Last edited:

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
- Solid opening match
- LOL @ Jeff coming out & looking confused at what to do.
- Keith Lee gloriously taking down all the Factory guys and that power bomb on big Nick made Lee look an absolute monster.
- Great performance from QT Marshall, loved his sell of the double overhand chop.
- Mercedes-Hayter was deliberate but fun.
- Jury is still out for me on Mercedes but god damn I pop for the spider german suplex every time.
- Swerve = OVER
- Great main event from Swerve and Nese.
- Swerve has an aura about him, an effortless cool. Really like how he moves in the ring, measured and graceful.
- Nese is a good hand, he's there to put on very good TV matches with the stars and lose, you need guys like that.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Just seeing the Big E news. It's tragic and yet a tale as old as time for WWE. Guy gives WWE everything they asked for and turned shit into gold for nearly a decade and his only reward was a rushed and jobbed out title run. Only to then be hurt by unsafe worker because they give Vince a hard on.

I know the wrestlers in WWE know that the company doesn't give a shit about them, but even still this NEEDS to be a wake up call. They say, "we put our lives on the line every time we step in that ring" and I agree and they should fucking act like it. If you are being put in there with an unsafe person its time to say no. I know that's easy to say as an outsider but fuck man the risk ain't worth it.

back to AEW stuff I listened to the Wardlow episode from AEW Unrestricted (from 2020 i think) and it just reminded me that Wardlows finish used to be the F-10, then it changed to that choke/knee strike in the corner that most people didn't take properly. Now its the powerbomb symphony. Personally I think the powerbombs work the best (especially when he does that roll over on the last one) but when that corner move worked it looked like it killed somebody.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up on ⚡️. Yup, Swerve is awesome! Love how he's super casual about doing flashy stuff but can flip the switch and dial up the intensity. Really feels like he's going to be a big deal in AE-Dub.

Mercedes finally looked good. No surprise it came against Hayter who I'm starting to believe is the most reliable talent in the division. Really hope she gets pushed to the moon soon.

That spinebuster on Keith… wheeeeew. I marked out! Keith/Hobbs is gonna be a hell of a match. Hope we can get Rickyyyyy(!)/Keith as well cuz that match would be bursting with charisma.

Marq Quen worked harder than Darby in that opener and that's saying something. Kassidy has also been working his ass off. I'm sure we're going to get PP vs Hardyz, but I really hope they're given a real run at the top soon. Yeah it's a stacked division, but these guys are putting in WORK.

Small note, but Shida's dramatic anime arm swipe made me lol. Love her promos though.

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
Marq Quen needs to save those 450's to the floor for huge PPV moments and not random Rampage's or he won't be walking when he's 40. That's a spot people should still be talking about the next day yet it's already forgotten.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Marq Quen needs to save those 450's to the floor for huge PPV moments and not random Rampage's or he won't be walking when he's 40. That's a spot people should still be talking about the next day yet it's already forgotten.
Marq Quen probably isn't going to be getting a lot of singles matches on TV. I can completely understand him wanting to pull out big moves when given the opportunity.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
At this point I think Dave Meltzer is biased against MJF. Now that's 2 matches that should have been given 5 stars.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Figured this would be okay to post in here. A positive update from Big E:

This news is bigger than particular wrestling companies, and Big E is an amazing dude.

I'm still heated about the circumstances that led to this, but I'm hoping he's well all the same