• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think he hinted at what it is in his promo, too, when he talked about his wife one day having to push him around in a chair.
I'm wondering if it's some form of early onset dementia or something like that since the image he gave was of someone not in control of their faculties.

Either way, terrible stuff and I hope he is ok.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Friday. You know what that means. 🧡

Regal seems like such a lovely guy. Whatever is going on with him, at least you know everyone at AEW will respect his privacy and treat him with dignity.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I don't follow MMA but Paige was the best part of the Inner Circle / ATT feud. She just needs to be good enough to be carried to an entertaining match by her opponents. Maybe she could use Shafir and Rossi as backup... or put her with an experienced wrestler like Mercedes.

Leveraging that MMA connection with Shafir is actually a really good idea for VanZant. I don't know if people will care about her either, but signing her contract on Tay's butt was a nice spirited introduction. I just hope they don't drag her husband out with her all the time, seeing him in the ring when there were already three people of her team in there isn't too inspiring.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
It's sad to hear that about Regal. Of course you want folks like him to be around forever, but since he appeared in AEW it seemed obvious this was always likely to be Regal's last run. It is truly something special that in his final act - which I still hope has many years left in it, of course - he gets to work alongside two people as close to him as Mox and Danielson.

I'm happy he's here, I guess, more so than ever now. Bittersweet as it is.

Last edited:

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
FNfnCxfXEAIix5S

FNfnCxhXwAETzW2

FNfnCuGXwAcyVV9

FNfnCt6XwAcdOFY

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
That stuff about Regal is really heartbreaking. It did seem that his promo on Dynamite had a lot more to it than just a wrestling angle.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I hate to say it, but the first part of the Regal promo felt a bit too personal and I immediately wondered if something more was wrong based on his reaction when talking to Tony.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Jericho/Kingston
Mox/Bryan
MJF/Punk
Bucks match

All got 4.75*

Insane card

A PPV like this really recalibrates my internal scale of what a 4.5+ star match is... get used to thinking really great matches on Dynamite are 4.5* and then the PPV comes along and is like 5* after 5* on that scale, or higher.

Incredible show.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's cool but they let Jay Lethal in who's got multiple accusations and are much more recent
While I agree and do think they shouldn't have hired him, the difference is that Lethal 'only' has accusations against him, supposedly with an internal review at ROH taking place, whereas the Briscoes issue is something they have openly done and so can't be denied.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Dave deserves criticism for a variety of things but a lot of these points by the Wrestlers are the typical BS they spew to deflect from any criticism.

"If you know everything z why not book your own show?"
"How can you criticise wrestling when you have never wrestled before?"

That second one is especially bad because if the fans were praising them as the best of in the world they wouldn't stand there and say "what do you know, you aren't a wrestler". Always a shitty argument by people with huge egos who can't take criticism.