• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ukraine/Russia war started during the match. Hope all Ukrainians in this thread and their families are safe

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
That was a nice preview of what I'm sure will be a future 5* match between those two. Wish the crowd was hotter but what can you do.

Mixed bag of a Dynamite for me. I think that I have to accept that AEW leans into overbooking and flash pins in the name of storytelling but man I do not like it. The "meat" of most of the matches was great, especially the main event. Kingston/Jericho was great.

Battle Royale finish, 10/Ricky, and House of Black were all marginal segments for me. Would've easily traded the 10/Ricky match and the end/aftermath of the House of Black match for another women's match.

Totally agree. It wasn't a bad dynamite, had a lot of fun. But it had more downs than previous episodes

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
All caught up. Loved last week. Didn't love this week. Thought the show really slowed down with how they booked the House of Black match. Ricky and 10 also didn't have much if any heat. Jade and Bunny got my interest again. Main event was solid but I preferred the Moriarty match.

Bit of an average episode for me outside of a good chunk of the Jericho/Eddie segment, MJF/Punk, the Hangman promo, and the Danielson/Garcia post-match. Mox's energy is unlike anyone else's on the roster right now, and his star power is probably the highest out of the entire roster.

Don't feel we got the banger match we usually get in this episode. I might also be in a weird headspace.

Revolution looks great on paper, but Andrade/Hardy/Kassidy vs. Sting/Darby/Sammy feels like a weird call, but the talent in the match could make it fun.

Danielson and Moxley are gonna kill it.

Bigger arena for DoN? Damn. I imagine they'll have Kenny back for that. We'll see.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
I enjoyed this Dynamite. Some wonky moments, but overall pretty fun. I'm going to make this quick cause dinners in the oven.

- One negative was the crowd. They were good at times, but mostly dead
- Tag Team Battle Royal - ***1/2 - I liked this match. Flowed pretty well and told a fun story with reDRagon & The Bucks
- Loved the whole Hangman segment. Very interested in the trios match on Dynamite next week
- That MJF promo was fantastic and it was for two reasons. One: It came from the personal place. It felt real and wouldn't be surprised if some of those tears were genuine. Two: We know MJF is a bastatd, so the "turn" will be great too
- Kings of the Black Throne vs PAC & Penta - *** - Penta Dark's whole presence was superb. Match was good, but you can tell they were holding back. That Brody chop spot was nasty.
- BUDDY MATTHEWS!!!! Dude looked like a tank. Great worker!!! Can't wait to see his matches!!
- Jericho & Kingston segment was fantastic. Jericho is turning heel and I'm here for dick head Jericho. They sold that match at Revolution
- Face of the Revolution Qualifying Match - **1/2 - I love Ricky, but I'm kinda bummed about missing the "All Beef" Ladder Match... It's now passed and I'm back on the Starks Train 🚆🚆
- TBS Championship: Jade Cargill © vs The Bunny - **1/2 - This match won't win any MOTY awards, but I enjoyed this one. It was fun but I'm probably in the minority in that one.
- Jade Cargill vs Tay Conti will be fun, wherever it happens
- Bryan Danielson vs Daniel Garcia - *** - Solid match, but they held back
- Revolution is STACKED!!!! Goodbye $50 that I desperately need

Rating - B+
Would be lower if not for the fantastic MJF & Jericho/Kingston segments.

I'm saddened to hear Russia has invaded Ukraine. My thoughts and prayers are with anyone in Ukraine that reads this or if you have friends or family in Ukraine. Fuck Putin!!

mtlspider

Oct 26, 2017
MJF face(?) promo was my highlight of the night. Felt like it came from a shoot and got me emotionally worked up too.

The finishing blow to let that sink all in was Punk audio being caught off the stage mic going "is that true? Is that true? "

Multiple viable routes to this storyline, all compelling.

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
Well, I just reserved a Tuesday-Monday stay at the Excalibur hotel with a 0 down deposit just in case I can score tickets to Dynamite/Rampage/DoN without paying scalper out the ass prices because I won't be available at the on sale time next Friday. Hoping to luck out and get an all 3 event ticket like I did for Full Gear a while after tickets went up. For that, tickets for Full Gear were expensive outside of the nosebleeds but the Rampage/Full Gear dual ticket was only $169 for pretty decent seats near the ramp.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Andrade/Kassidy/Hardy vs Sammy/Sting/Darby is a Rampage main event, and doesn't belong on a stacked PPV card. It screams get as many people on PPV as possible. The match needs to be Andrade/Sammy/Darby for the TNT title

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
The pop when Mox and Bryan kiss will be history making
Andrade/Kassidy/Hardy vs Sammy/Sting/Darby is a Rampage main event, and doesn't belong on a stacked PPV card. It screams get as many people on PPV as possible. The match needs to be Andrade/Sammy/Darby for the TNT title
It's the "Cody and PAC vs Malakai Black and Andrade" of this PPV.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
So here's a question for Lucha Underground fans; should the Pentagon Dark/Matanza match have gone differently in Ultima Lucha Dos?

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
The House of Black/Death Triangle segment felt super overbooked and, as I love everybody in it, this made me sad.

I knew tonight would be kinda strange, one way or the other, as both teams had important imminent debuts waiting - Penta Oscura and Buddy Matthews, not to mention HoB are still establishing themselves as a powerful team - and it would be a juggling act to make everyone look good. When Penta first got over in LU it was by breaking jobbers' arms, but who could he do that to here?

My thoughts leading up to this match were that Penta would snap Malakai's arm, but Buddy would make the save and then continue to be a tag partner for Brody while Malakai heals up. Well, that didn't happen.

Penta's black mist reversal roll-up was very creative and funny, but Oscura didn't have the strong impact I was hoping he'd get. Then Buddy's debut only overshadowed it more. Still, I fucking love Penta's new entrance (wrong theme, but that's ok) and Alex going at it with 110% effort. Bless Alex. I want him to host the preshow in that gear now.

To be charitable to this match, I can see this continuing feud as an escalating arms race between the two stables. This week Death Triangle thought they had an ace up their sleeve, but HoB were already one step ahead of them and now DT must seek out another advantage. Cue the surprise return of Rey, right? That would be perfect, if only his recovery timing works out.

So it's unclear what the next step is, but after that segment they still have work to do. What I would love to see more than anything else is Penta Oscura, in some singles matches, breaking arms. Put him on AEW Oscura!

Okay, I've written more about this match than I have anything else on this forum, ever. I'll talk about the rest later.

Last edited:

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Man TSN is absolute dogshit

Its been 5 hours since the show ended tonight and they still dont have the episode online to watch and even it it was they only upload in some god awful sub 720p resolution so its blurry as fuck.

Its easier, faster and better looking for me to download it elsewhere it then watch it on a service I PAY FOR

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man TSN is absolute dogshit

Its been 5 hours since the show ended tonight and they still dont have the episode online to watch and even it it was they only upload in some god awful sub 720p resolution so its blurry as fuck.

Its easier, faster and better looking for me to download it elsewhere it then watch it on a service I PAY FOR

And they still don't air Rampage! Only on their shitty app/website.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
The on demand version of the latest show is usually not available to watch until the next morning on the TNT app so it might be the same for TSN?

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Another amazing Dynamite. My highlight was easily the MJF promo.

I felt it was weird how front loaded the episode was, but that could just have been where my own interests lie. I was beginning to lose attention in the last hour and didn't like the Garcia/Danielson match as much as I thought I would, the Jericho/Kingston face off was great though. That first hour was outstanding throughout.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
LOL @ WWE fans claiming bragging rights about the Jade kick out botch because their refs are 'shoot counters', mate just look back a few months and remember 'last man standing' Roman being stuck in those cuffs and the ref just for no reason stops counting at 6 once he's clearly told by someone off screen Roman can't get up.

Wrestling is fake.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't really like this dynamite, best for me was the MJF promo that made me uncomfortable watching it. Kingston Jericho just seems like a rerun of Moxley kingston you're jealous stuff. Pentagon hype entrance fizzled a bit with the roll up. I like Starks getting to ppv but I'm not a 10 fan who also just lost to Cole. Opening tag Royale was fun but ended with ReDragon win. Might not have been in a wrestling mood but I don't like where things are, not that nice yet not that evil.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
- Tag Team Battle Royale started OK and got good near the end. Happy to see Silver, Trent, Santana & Kyle get some shine. Hangman going ham!
- William Regal namedrop.
- Masterful promo from MJF, painting Punk as the villian in his life. Even Tony was sympathetic :O
- Kings of the Black Throne vs Death Triangle was good. I assume AEW don't have the rights to the Pentagon Dark name and his LU theme. Buddy!
- Kingston/Jericho segment was great. Kingston is for the women. Eddie Edwards... What's His Name lol. Jericho is better as a heel.
- Starks vs 10 was solid. Big fan of Starks but I wanted an all-beef ladder match.
- Bunny vs Jade (c) was solid... except for the pin botch. Who's next lol. Shame Tay's going to lose.
- Garcia vs Danielson was my MOTN. Fun ending with Mox.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Hangman cleaning house was fun to watch. I'm currently listening to the Bryan and Vinny retro Nitro reviews, and in the episode I listened to yesterday Bryan said that babyfaces SHOULD be able to beat heels even when they're outnumbered, because people love that.
Such a simple thing that for some reason WWE has been afraid to do.

Nov 5, 2017
I didn't like how the Battle Royal ended when you got Bobby Fish sneakily moving around the outside of the ring for like 10 minutes, ref's see him, interferes, and they act like "oh shit, what happened?" Ruined the whole vibe.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Another really good episode overall but there were large segments where the crowd hurt it a lot and took me out. They have had some really shitty crowds recently, either people making it about themselves or just being a detriment to portions of the show.

Nothing you can really do about it but it's a shame.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Another really good episode overall but there were large segments where the crowd hurt it a lot and took me out. They have had some really shitty crowds recently, either people making it about themselves or just being a detriment to portions of the show.

I hate to say it but they're gonna have to start taking signs off people.

Way too many people going to shows with the sole intent of trying to get themselves over.

'Look at me, I made a video game sign!'
'Look at my funny podcast in-joke sign!'

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I hate to say it but they're gonna have to start taking signs off people.

Way too many people going to shows with the sole intent of trying to get themselves over.

'Look at me, I made a video game sign!'
'Look at my funny podcast in-joke sign!'
Signs I'm not too bothered by unless it's offensive. For me the bigger issue is one person or a group of people shouting and making it about themselves.

One example was the end of the Bryan and Garcia match where Bryan asked if he brought enough violence. The entire point of that was for the crowd to chant Yes and yet you had one dickhead shouting No and being distracting in the front row.

The biggest issue for last night's show for me though was the crowd being completely dead during large segments. Ruined a couple of matches for me.

Ironically one of the times where they should have been quiet was when they were being loud and again distracting from the moment (the MJF promo).

That Promo was absolutely incredible and anyone who has any logical ability could see where it was going and yet the fans were just in auto pilot mode and were chanting 'shut the fuck up' when MJF is talking about the bigotry he has suffered.

I get it, he is a heel but when he is trying to tell a story and it's clear that he is trying to be heard and isn't wanting to get boos, the crowd need to shut the fuck up and listen. Some may argue that it's because they were confused but that says more about the crowd then the direction of the promo.

Honestly I was getting pissed while watching that promo because it was clear that it was becoming an all time classic promo and MJF was showing how fucking great he is and yet I just kept getting distracted by the crowd. His performance there was absolutely incredible and considering that post earlier it seemed to be 100% true which is a testament to MJF and AEW for including it and making it fit well in the story and his character.

Last edited:

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021

Totally agreed on this. Overall I greatly enjoyed Dynamite, but the crowd was hot and cold all night and it made for a confused show.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
+ All time great promo from MJF, the crowd damn near in total silence throughout the entire thing, either captivated or not knowing how to react lol

+ Fantastic but more traditional wrestling promo from Jericho and Eddie. Jericho's doing his best work since the peak of the IC/Pinnacle feud.

+ Battle Royale was fun, they did what everyone thought they were gonna do but it worked. John Silver OVER AF, hopefully TK remembers this while he's deciding who's next to push.

+ Eddie asking why they're doing sports entertainment shit when this is a wrestling show and you could be doing Statlander vs Willow Nightingale.

+ Ricky is in the ladder match, just put someone else that is smaller in there so his neck doesn't have to take all the crazy bumps.

+ Buddy Matthews debuts BUT WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON? Well in fact it was the House of Black. The crowd went nuts for Matthews as Malakai begs him away but it was all a ruse as Matthews attacks Death Triangle as the camera pans to Malakai sitting down cackling away like a madman. Brilliant post match angle.

— House of Black vs Death Triangle was almost a total DUD. You have four super talented guys in the ring and yet you could hear a pin drop in the arena. The saving grace was they made Brody King look a total monster.

— Penta Oscuro = DUD. Came off really cheesy and cheap. For some reason Alex is now painted up like he's a member of the band Ghost and Penta just did nothing in the match, like really, at one point he did a cross body and laid down for 20 seconds. Really poor introduction to the new "dark side" of Penta. This just felt like TK wanted to pop the 20 people that watched LU. Obviously the feud isn't over and things can be turned around but that was comfortably the worst angle Penta has been involved with in AEW combined with his worst in-ring performance.

— Danielson vs Garcia wasn't a bad match, it was actually good but again I thought it was hurt by a crowd that didn't care about Garcia and tbh I just expected more, announcers hyping it as MOTY before it even happened didn't help. I enjoyed the Moriarty match last week more and I enjoyed Garcia's match with Punk waaaay more. I think a problem I have with Danielson is even when he's trying to give people shine there hasn't been a moment where's he made genuinely believe he may lose.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't blame anyone in the house of black/DT match. The moment the bell rang the crowd just died and never bothered to try and get back into it.

Honestly one of the worst crowds I can remember in a long while.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I must be in bizarro world cause that crowd sounded pretty hot

The whole House of Black/Pac & Penta thing was kinda corny (and the match itself wasn't anything special), so I'm not really surprised people didn't react much.

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017
I had fun last night, but I'm tired. AEW really needs to figure out a way not to have tapings until 11:30 PM.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I must be in bizarro world cause that crowd sounded pretty hot

The whole House of Black/Pac & Penta thing was kinda corny (and the match itself wasn't anything special), so I'm not really surprised people didn't react much.
They popped for entrances and promos but during the matches I think the only one they were really I to was the battle royale and a little for the Bryan/Garcia but that had moments that were quiet.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I don't think we should entirely blame crowds for being quiet during certain things. They had been hot for most of the show, so for them to suddenly be quiet for that tag match reflects more on the story telling that led to the match, not the crowd. At one point crowds ate everything Malakai did up, he was mysterious and threatening and exciting. Something changed and now he's just another aimless guy.

Oct 27, 2017
I said it last night but I'm generally finding the Malaki stuff kind of a miss. They keep moving from storyline to storyline and it feels unfocused. Going from Cody, to Lucha Bros to PAC, to Varsity Blondes, back to Penta and PAC. There's nothing cohesive about it. It would be even worse if Malaki wasn't just generally compelling ya know?

Listen, I'm just bitter that they hinted at Julia Black Hart and they haven't delivered on it.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I said it last night but I'm generally finding the Malaki stuff kind of a miss. They keep moving from storyline to storyline and it feels unfocused. Going from Cody, to Lucha Bros to PAC, to Varsity Blondes, back to Penta and PAC. There's nothing cohesive about it. It would be even worse if Malaki wasn't just generally compelling ya know?

Listen, I'm just bitter that they hinted at Julia Black Hart and they haven't delivered on it.
Andrade has the same problem. Dude has been in AEW for quite some time now, but I can't really remember any serious feud.

Status
Not open for further replies.