• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017

ymfAPgG.jpg

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the picture misdirects by Mia Yim, I'm 100% in the camp that it's Keith Lee now. Maybe Mia Yim will be with him and she will have a match on Rampage?

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Can I make a request?

If something comes along before the show that may be seen as proof of who the signing is, put it behind spoiler tags, some of us still like being surprised.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
This guy was such an easy homerun for wwe, seemed like he was being set up for the top of nxt before going to the main roster and getting fucked instantly. Dude is straight money.
Him and Keith Lee both. It's pretty incredible how many guys WWE just couldn't make into huge draws. It's not even hard. Just book their matches and let them work.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Him and Keith Lee both. It's pretty incredible how many guys WWE just couldn't make into huge draws. It's not even hard. Just book their matches and let them work.
Everyone fails in the WWE system unless Vince decides you are his guy. The only 2 people now that are draws for them are Roman Reigns and Lesnar and it took them 5+ years of a mega push where Roman went over everyone and then being paired with Paul Heyman for him to finally get over. Everyone else is an interchangeable geek.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Can I make a request?

If something comes along before the show that may be seen as proof of who the signing is, put it behind spoiler tags, some of us still like being surprised.
I love everyone here but I'll be real with you...

I don't trust everyone to read the whole thread and missing your request. If I was you I'd duck out until I watched.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty clear evidence Mia is trolling people today with her pic. It's not confirmed it's Keith so just speculation, but pretty solid evidence.

opus

Oct 25, 2017
Can I make a request?

Even if that happened in here, the instant that person debuts, it's immediately going to get a thread because much like Tony Khan, most of Era doesn't think the West Coast exists.

edit: you said before the show, but the point remains. I just stay off the site until I can watch it.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Can I make a request?

I think your best bet will be to stay off the internet before you watch the show, honestly. Just way too many avenues for it to get spoiled, whether it be in this thread or through a new thread created in the OT or by catching a glimpse of a video thumbnail on YouTube or on Twitter, among other things

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think your best bet will be to stay off the internet before you watch the show, honestly. Just way too many avenues for it to get spoiled, whether it be in this thread or through a new thread created in the OT or by catching a glimpse of a video thumbnail on YouTube or on Twitter, among other things
Even then I've been spoiled by Google push notifications to my phone lol. Impossible to avoid.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Fun little Dark tonight. A few more squash matches than normal

- I like the wrestling style of Mercedes Martinez. No thrills, just hard hitting action. A match between her & Jamie Hayter will rock.
- Good to see Queen Aminata again. She had a pretty competitive match with Mercedes
- The Ass Boys are really fun. I've kinda always enjoyed them. Now their excelling at crowd engagement, which really helps them get over
- Anthony Henry vs Lee Moriarty was good. Great action and both men came out looking better in my eyes
- Lee had a good promo afterwards + a nice video package later on. AEW is strapping that rocket to Lee. Kinda thinking this Danielson stable is a possibility
- A bunch of wrestlers got new music tonight. All of them are from the rap album
- Serpentico vs Fuego Del Sol was my MOTN. Really good match from the under card. Serpentico hit a one armed piledriver on the apron!!
- Wheeler YUTA vs Aaron Solo was good. Much like Lee, it seems more attention will be given to YUTA.

Rating - C+
Fun night of wrestling. Last two matches were good, especially Serpentico vs Fuego Del Sol

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Everyone fails in the WWE system unless Vince decides you are his guy. The only 2 people now that are draws for them are Roman Reigns and Lesnar and it took them 5+ years of a mega push where Roman went over everyone and then being paired with Paul Heyman for him to finally get over. Everyone else is an interchangeable geek.
I think that's the difference between WWE and AEW. AEW tends to get out of the way of the performers. WWE signed dozens of guys who were either ready to be top guys or were eventually made ready in NXT, and then immediately sabotaged them specifically because WWE wanted the good looking guy to be the top guy and they couldn't have anyone being better than him.

And the frustrating part is that AEW is proof that if WWE operated like that, and rising stars were allowed to work with top guys (who weren't sabotaged) and learn from them, Roman would probably be better than he is. But they don't, so he isn't. Everyone wanted the mythological heel turn and then it happened and one month in everyone realized "Oh he's just the same boring promo, but he smiles less."

Anyway, I hope Swerve signs with AEW, but he'll be awesome literally anywhere but where he just was.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Yelling "The Elite Is Complete" and then the Good Brothers disappearing immediately was hilarious.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
It's kinda unfortunate that the AEW/Impact relationship seemingly ended right before Impact signed people like Jonah and Mike Bailey

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like that relationship turned south after they sent Sammy to Impact and he refused to do what Impact wanted and was sent home. That seemed to be the beginning of the end of that relationship.

I think sending Christian to do the job after Kenny ran thro7gh their division did them no favors.

It was clearly a one sided relationship. Also I think that something went wrong with private parties title shot

mantis23

Oct 27, 2017
I think sending Christian to do the job after Kenny ran thro7gh their division did them no favors.

It was clearly a one sided relationship. Also I think that something went wrong with private parties title shot

It really is a shame as AEW clearly needs a partner/developmental promotion to send folks to get meaningful reps. Dark just doesn't work because it's just squashes and no meaningful storylines. Some of the talent need reps not just in the ring but on the mic as well. I would say at the moment AEW has a plethora of talent that are workrate heavy but have the charisma of a wet paper bag. Getting some screen time at an Impact or the new ROH or MLW could do wonders to prepare some of these folks to be on Dynamite.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
It's kinda unfortunate that the AEW/Impact relationship seemingly ended right before Impact signed people like Jonah and Mike Bailey

I dunno if it would have amounted to much honestly. AEW still have an existing partnership with New Japan and we have still not had anyone on the Strong side appear aside from Rocky.

I think TK just wants to focus on his own talent, which is probably for the best given that so much of his signed talent don't see one minute of TV now. Even if that's disappointing for the rest of us.

Even if that happened in here, the instant that person debuts, it's immediately going to get a thread because much like Tony Khan, most of Era doesn't think the West Coast exists.

edit: you said before the show, but the point remains. I just stay off the site until I can watch it.

Or the rest of the world honestly. It is what it is though, I've learnt to just stay out of the threads until I've seen it if there is a surprise hinted at.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope so too. Severely disappointed if he's aligned with them, even remotely.
He helped OC, walked out with him the next week, and now is talking about Best Friends. TK also said it's a good spot for him in an interview. You might as well be disappointed now or just enjoy the ride and be happy that Danhausen is going to be getting regular screen time weekly with Best Friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.