Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
FqtDsNBX0AAopi0

Hey, you. YEAH. You. C'mere. You gotta try one of these...
FqtCNRHWIAMET2V

Oh my GOD that's a good pickle. Kind of like the most recent AEW PPV. So, what happened and what's next?

MJF and Bryan Danielson had an all-time ironman classic, and Max has continued proving the doubters wrong.
MJF3.jpg

Jamie Hayter has continued showing why she's the foundation of the AEW women's division, but also, WHY RUBY WHY?! The battle lines continue being drawn...and so do the STARS!
sarayasoho.0.jpg

The House of Black have finally been crowned AEW trios champions after an incredible match against The Elite, and continue having the raddest aesthetic in the game.
01-aew-trios-champions-the-house-of-black-2023-696x399.jpg

Ricky Starks beat Chris Jericho clean...TWICE! In the span of two months! The Revolution is being televised.
ricky-starks.jpg

FTR have returned, but for how long? Are The Gunns' world tag titles safe? Will FTR get them back and then travel the world? Stay tuned.
FTR-AEW-Revolution-645x370.jpg

Christian > Edge. Jungle Man > Jungle Boy. What a goddamn match.
jungleboyburial.0.jpg

The TNT title scene is on shaky ground. Will Wardlow keep the title for long, or is he about to become a chapter in the Book of Hobbs? Who will grab the brass ring, and will there even be a TNT title on the Dynamite after Revolution after the title was stolen?
wardlow-powerhouse-hobbs.gif

Who's up next for MJF? Is it time for the Hangman to step back into the spotlight after a brutal Texas Death Match war against Jon Moxley?
352a4b6a9b6781f4-600x338.JPG

There are many questions ahead with answers that are probably just around the corner.

-Where's Jade? And which of your faves will take her down?
-Are we about to see the return of Kenny Omega singles matches?
-How many Jay Lethal matches will we see?
-Will Paul Walter Hauser ever get his Golden Globe back?
-Where's TRENCH?
-Who will return first?...Andrade, Miro, Kris Statlander, Leyla Hirsch, or Thunder Rosa?
-Will CM Punk ever apologize?
-What's your favourite brand of store-bought pickles?

Happy Year of Riho, everyone!
riho-november-27-a.jpg

An AEW Primer

Where can I find out more about AEW?

Where can I watch AEW television and PPVs?

What if I want to catch up on EVERY episode of Dynamite?
You can! They're all available for free on BR Live.

Are there other AEW shows in addition to Dynamite?
Yes!
  • AEW Dark: Elevation airs on Mondays at 7PM EST, and AEW Dark airs on Tuesdays at 7PM EST on the official AEW YouTube page. These shows largely feature unsigned and/or younger talent wrestling against main roster performers. Elevation has more of a focus on story and character moments, while Dark is usually just matches.

Is there any other ancillary content I should be aware of?
While not 100% necessary, if you want to go beyond official AEW shows, you can also check out:
  • Being the Elite YT page (the most essential of all of these. It's a skit show that often has important story morsels and lots of roster cameos. Highly recommended)
  • The Sammy Guevara vlog (lots of cameos from AEW talent, and backstage videos. Sometimes crosses over with Being the Elite)
  • Nightmare Family YT page (lots of early AEW history in the oldest videos going back to the All In show)
  • Plenty of wrestlers have their own YT pages too, such as Ethan Page and Matt Hardy. Explore on your own. :)

List of AEW PPV events

en.wikipedia.org

List of All Elite Wrestling pay-per-view events - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org

VIEWING GUIDE (links provided when available)

Double or Nothing PPV (Watch all of it. Best wrestling show of 2019)

Road To Double or Nothing (sixteen 5-10 minute episodes. The "Road To" series is can't-miss in general)
PRE-SHOW
FULL SHOW ($14.99)
MUST WATCH: Cody vs. Dustin Rhodes
Cody's throne breaker entrance (in Alucard gear and sending the first message to Vince and Triple H)
Cody's now-infamous "I need my older brother" post-match promo
Jon Moxley's now-infamous debut backstage promo after the event
Post-show footage

Fyter Fest PPV (Free on BRLive.com. A fun show top to bottom. Worth the time)
Road To Fyter Fest Ep.1
Road To Fyter Fest Ep.2
Road To Fyter Fest Ep.3
PRE-SHOW
FULL SHOW (free)
MUST-WATCH: Cody vs. Darby Allin, Bucks and Kenny vs. Lucha Bros. and Laredo Kid, Jon Moxley vs. Joey Janela lights out match
Also fun: Christopher Daniels vs. CIMA, Riho vs. Yuka Sakazaki vs. Nyla Rose

Fight for the Fallen PPV (Free on BRLive.com. A mixed bag of a show)
Road To Fight for the Fallen Ep.1
Road To Fight for the Fallen Ep.2
Road To Fight for the Fallen Ep.3
PRE-SHOW
FULL SHOW (free)
MUST-WATCH: Kenny Omega vs. CIMA
Also fun: SCU vs. Lucha Bros
Optional: main event between The Young Bucks and Cody/Dustin
Cody's post-show promo ("When this group goes to TNT this fall...are you coming with us?")

All Out PPV (Worth watching the entire thing. FIRST AEW CHAMPION IS CROWNED)
Road To All Out Ep.1 (these are ALL MUST-WATCH)
Road To All Out Ep.2
Road To All Out Ep.3
Road To All Out Ep.4
Road To All Out Ep.5
Road To All Out Ep.6
Road To All Out Ep.7
Countdown to All Out
PRE-SHOW
FULL SHOW (free): PART 1 and PART 2
MUST WATCH: Kenny Omega vs. PAC, The Young Bucks vs. The Lucha Bros, Hangman (on a horse!) vs. Chris Jericho
Post-show interviews (the birth of Jericho's early catchphrase, "A little bit of the bubbly!")
Jericho lost the title at a Longhorn Steakhouse. This was his video covering for it

-----
Road To AEW on TNT Ep.1
Road To AEW on TNT Ep.2
Road To AEW on TNT Ep.3
Road To AEW on TNT Ep.4
Countdown to AEW Dynamite special

AEW DYNAMITE STARTS!

Dynamite Episode 1, 2019-10-02
Cody vs. Sammy Guevara, Hangman Page vs. PAC, Riho vs. Nyla to crown first women's champion, Young Bucks/Kenny Omega vs. Chris Jericho(c)/Santana/Ortiz, formation of the Inner Circle, Moxley Paradigm Shifts Kenny through a glass table

Dynamite Episode 2, 2019-10-09
Hangman Page/Dustin Rhodes vs. Chris Jericho(c)/Sammy Guevara, Emi Sakura/Bea Priestley vs. Riho/Britt Baker, Jimmy Havoc vs. Darby Allin (#1 contender's match to face Chris Jericho), Jon Moxley vs. Shawn Spears, Tag Team Tournament (TTT) begins, TTT round 1: Young Bucks vs. Private Party

...that's all I've got for now

Where to watch:
USA: Wednesdays 8/7c for Dynamite on TBS, Fridays 10/9c for Rampage on TNT, All Elite Wrestling's Youtube page for Dark and Elevation
Canada: TSN Direct, with certain episodes airing on the network proper. For example, The First Dance is scheduled to air at 11 ET on TSN2.
Latin America: Space on Cable in English and Spanish (check availability for your country) as well as Canal Space on Youtube
Everywhere else: Fite.tv

Last edited:

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I can only assume posting a wwe song was part of the terms of your return.

It's Dynamite day, where everyone reserves judgement of the card and sees how things play out before complaining.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
New OT to mark the start of the reign of Hobbs which will be recorded in the Book of Hobbs and commented on in the thread of Hobbs. Shit I should have recommended that for a OT title!

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
Crazy how the near-zero hype I had going into the last PPV was rewarded with one of the greatest shows they've put on yet. Still thinking about the MJF/Danielson ironman days later.

I'm hoping this is the start of a great new period in AEW :)

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of ways that the women's story could go. Mostly wondering who is going to join Britt and Jamie. It could be a returning Rosa, Shida whenever she's healed up (which makes the most sense), and maybe even throwing a swerve with Statlander (although I still think she's the one who beats Jade).

I feel like Revolution was a bit of a reset for a lot of wrestlers, so I'm curious to see what's next for everyone. Also wondering if TK isn't even going to bother with making Rampage must see TV since it's Match Madness time starting next week.

OP
OP
Rivenblade

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
There's a lot of ways that the women's story could go. Mostly wondering who is going to join Britt and Jamie. It could be a returning Rosa, Shida whenever she's healed up (which makes the most sense), and maybe even throwing a swerve with Statlander (although I still think she's the one who beats Jade).

I feel like Revolution was a bit of a reset for a lot of wrestlers, so I'm curious to see what's next for everyone. Also wondering if TK isn't even going to bother with making Rampage must see TV since it's Match Madness time starting next week.

Looks like he's trying next week. St. Patrick's Day Slam is a Rampage-only show this year. We'll see!
Fqs8D52aQAIYgl9

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like he's trying next week. St. Patrick's Day Slam is a Rampage-only show this year.
Fqs8D52aQAIYgl9
I can see that show being used to blow off some of the stuff that was left off the PPV like Swerve/Lee and HOOK/Stokeley and ANYTHING for Jade. Then we'll be at a real reset from everything pre-Revolution

Man you Hobbs stans need to embrace your guarenteed disappointment, i know i am 😭
Let me just have these next few hours to live the dream of the reign of Hobbs before harsh reality hits.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
Huh, well alright. That's good news.

Also, am I hearing right that Parker was so bad last week that he's been written out of Swerve's group? Is that also why his Dark match didn't air?
It's possible but not confirmed. They disappeared Trench and hand waved it away, if Parker isn't on TV next to Swerve this week then I suspect he's gone and we'll get a surprise run-in (or run-ins) of Swerves new heaters in his match with Lee when that happens.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
New thread?! Time for me to post like once or twice then

Huh, well alright. That's good news.

Also, am I hearing right that Parker was so bad last week that he's been written out of Swerve's group? Is that also why his Dark match didn't air?
No idea about Parker but there are a apparently a bunch of Dark matches that didn't air so I probably wouldn't look too much into that part of it.

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
After being told that the best way to voice a concern was to open a ticket, my ticket about your threadban was met with the response of, "they can open a ticket about it themselves."

I tried to make a ticket, but it never let me send it because I "didn't correctly do the CAPTCHA verification". That is despite trying on multiple different browsers, devices, and networks. Sooooo, I appreciate you for trying in my stead.

Oct 8, 2019
If I wanted to show my support for a guy getting a contract I would not clip a botch. I am sure he did other moves that where good where he hit more than his opponents hand.

View: https://twitter.com/ElHijoDelSimon/status/1633308650931470336

Ok I just looked it up, and the guy can clearly wrestle, he just needs someone to inform him that not everything needs to have a a flip before he hits it. Some of these moves just look silly

View: https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1633291307153256448

Because the story is a slow simmer. I thought they were selling that Ruby was frustrated at the end of the match and then chose the outsiders, not that it was pre planned.

I mean thats a joke, the story is clearly that Ruby grew frustrated so she backstabbed Britt and Jaime, I just would like to see them keep kayfabe until after the storyline, but its a minor complaint. I am really looking forward to see what they do with Sky Blue and Ruby tonight. Its the thing I am most invested in, since everything else is basically resetting so its kind of hard to get into anything else when I dont know where the stories are going (that and I dont trust Tony not to screw up Wardlow again).

Last edited:

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Predictions for tonight:

- Mox gets pinned, Yuta and Claudio turn on him and beat him down. Mox finally gets to take his vacation
- Joe costs Wardlow the title
- Malakai vs Omega is set up for Winnipeg
- Some combination of Hangman/Starks/Jungle Boy to set up a #1 contender for the world title

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Deeb was busy trying to get her wrestling school up and running? She's been missed.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Got my tix for Dynamite/Rampage on the 29th. Hope to see the TNT Champion Hobbs defend!

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
Action Andretti joins JAS when?
Think the time for that has passed now hasn't it? Jericho/Starks is done so unless Andretti is gonna fake partnering up with whoever Jericho feuds with next and turns on them it's gonna look weird. Maybe all of JAS beat down Fox Flight tonight and he pretends to make the save before taking one of them out? Andretti vs any of the Fox Flight guys would be great. That's prime Rampage programming (I mean that in a good way)

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome back Captain C! Just for you I'll be critical of FTR just this once:
I love FTR (really) but holy shit has Dax's tweeting/podcast burned a lot of good will with me. Like I'm not getting worked wondering will they/won't they stay. If their contract status is in question and I know that then I'm just not invested in their future because I don't know if I'll be seeing them for much longer. That applies to anyone with contract questions (I'm of the mind the Elite aren't going anywhere). Dax being all coy and cute with it isn't helping care about what they do as heels or faces.

Looking forward to tonight. Wardlow vs Hobbs has real potential. I'd hate to see Wardlow lose the TNT title so quickly after getting it back, but Hobbs is primed for a monster run. I'll be happy with either outcome if they play the cards right though.

OC vs Jay lethal should be a good match but I'm not really feeling it. Doesn't feel like OC's losing it here.

Ruby vs. Skye seems like a throwaway match to further the Freelancers vs Originals angle. Ruby losing here wouldn't make sense so it's all about what happens pre/post match for me here.

Top Flight vs JAS is going to be a banger. I wonder if they'll reignite the Garcia turn or if this is going to do something with Action Andretti.

Hoping for good follow ups on the Mox/Hangman and Elite/HOB matches

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
The contract stuff is why I don't really get too invested with matches that have unsigned talent in them. If they're not definitely gonna be around then I don't care.

I know it's heresy to say it but I didn't get into Takeshita and his matches till he was signed. Before that I was just wondering why this guy who isn't part of the company is taking time away from those who are.

For me as well this goes for those whose contracts are up and talk about it like Dax has done. Just stay or don't, don't go on about it as they know TK isn't gonna talk specifics like they do.

Oct 27, 2017
Cage was previously supposed to leave a year ago, when he himself was surprised by TK picking up the option year on his contract. So most likely he's either heading out or it'll be about a new contract (I know, shocking options)

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Cage has done himself any favors with his social media posts either.

Oct 29, 2017
I would love the TNT Title to be a division of guys like Cage, Wardlow, Joe and Hobbs. A division of big sweaty guys slapping meat!

Status
Not open for further replies.