Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Seems a bit weird that some of the Dynamite video are not gaining as much traction on YouTube as usual. Even the worst Dynamite uploads shoot up to 100K fast. Maybe there is an error or something. The 15k for Mox/Tanahashi jumped out to me most of all

unknown.png

Those are weird and uncharacteristic numbers, especially the Mox and Young Bucks ones. Feels like some sort of algorithm issue.

Curious to see what happens with Jay White next week.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Re: bluexy question about AEW fans feelings towards Forbidden Door.

Having slept on it, I think the one big negative I have with AEW right now is that almost everyone is at a standstill in terms of storylines, because all the top stars are working Forbidden Door. Even as someone who used to watch NJPW a lot, I'm kind of ready for this thing to happen. I'm hyped for the matches, but I was always going to be hyped for the matches. Honestly, they could've booked it like an MMA event and just had no real storylines and I would've been fine with it. Now I just really want to hurry up and get there so everyone can have something meaningful to do in AEW afterwards.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Re:Sasha, if she's available AE-Dub should clearly be making the effort to bring her in. I don't even know if I've seen one of her matches, but with the way the internet discusses her she'll bring in viewership. So that's good!

I do think the "she's better than the whole division" takes are weird though. Again, I don't recall if I've seen any of her matches, but the women's division is STACKED already. It's not their fault TK isn't using them. Like, is Sasha really better than Stat or Hayter? Is she a technician like Deeb? There's been hype for potential mens division signings sure, but never to the point where it has some saying they should bury the whole roster for them.

She's charismatic, a pretty good talker, can be great in the ring and also a danger to herself sometimes (seen her more than once landing head first on her tope suicidas).

Her best matches are as good as, if not better than the best AEW womens matches you can think of.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Having slept on it, I think the one big negative I have with AEW right now is that almost everyone is at a standstill in terms of storylines, because all the top stars are working Forbidden Door. Even as someone who used to watch NJPW a lot, I'm kind of ready for this thing to happen. I'm hyped for the matches, but I was always going to be hyped for the matches. Honestly, they could've booked it like an MMA event and just had no real storylines and I would've been fine with it. Now I just really want to hurry up and get there so everyone can have something meaningful to do in AEW afterwards.
100% agree. If they had just ignored it on TV, they'd probably be able to just focus on having the best matches rather than some of these weird matchups that half-tie into AEW storytlines.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Re:Sasha, if she's available AE-Dub should clearly be making the effort to bring her in. I don't even know if I've seen one of her matches, but with the way the internet discusses her she'll bring in viewership. So that's good!

I do think the "she's better than the whole division" takes are weird though. Again, I don't recall if I've seen any of her matches, but the women's division is STACKED already. It's not their fault TK isn't using them. Like, is Sasha really better than Stat or Hayter? Is she a technician like Deeb? There's been hype for potential mens division signings sure, but never to the point where it has some saying they should bury the whole roster for them.
If you can find a way to watch her vs. Bayley at Takeover Brooklyn do it. She's one of the best sellers ever and is legit one of the best full package wrestlers working.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017

That's actually what I was hoping they would've done. I would've bought it regardless as well.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
She's charismatic, a pretty good talker, can be great in the ring and also a danger to herself sometimes (seen her more than once landing head first on her tope suicidas).

Her best matches are as good as, if not better than the best AEW womens matches you can think of.

This is… less than glowing praise lol.

But it's whatever. I'm sure she's fine, but we know that talent isn't the problem with the women's division.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017

But it's whatever. I'm sure she's fine, but we know that talent isn't the problem with the women's division.

www.youtube.com

FULL MATCH: Bayley vs. Banks - NXT Women's Title 30-Minute WWE Iron Man Match: NXT TakeOver: Respect

In the follow-up to their classic at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn, Bayley and Sasha Banks do battle for 30 minutes in a WWE Iron Man Match for the NXT Women’s Cham...

Watch this match. Easily top 3 best Sasha matches (probably number 1 for me).
If you google around you can find the actual takeover match too.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017

www.youtube.com

FULL MATCH: Bayley vs. Banks - NXT Women's Title 30-Minute WWE Iron Man Match: NXT TakeOver: Respect

In the follow-up to their classic at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn, Bayley and Sasha Banks do battle for 30 minutes in a WWE Iron Man Match for the NXT Women’s Cham...

Watch this match. Easily top 3 best Sasha matches (probably number 1 for me).
If you google around you can find the actual takeover match too.

Nice thanks. Maybe I'll check it out later.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Sasha is who WWE always turned to when they needed a worker. Need someone to anchor a royal rumble for 40+ minutes? Get Sasha. Need someone to be in the first women's Ironman match? Get Sasha.

She's not as good a worker as Deeb (who is) but that's the only obvious woman on the AEW roster on a level above Sasha. There's a handful I'd say are at Sasha's level in ring.

But no one has her star power. She can sell. She has 'it'. You can absolutely hang an entire roster on that woman's shoulders.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017

She was a big Eddie Guerrero and Manami Toyota fan growing up and she does several of their moves so that's cool 😆. Deeb might be a better mat wrestler, but as a whole package no one on AEW's womans roster is anywhere near her. If Britt could consistently put out good matches she'd be close, but we know she's doesn't unfortunately.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If Sasha is available what should happen is that Sasha gets added as one of AEW's "permanent" TV residents. Jericho, Punk, and MJF are good examples. They just have a slot every show to do their segment. But AEW already is limited on time, so whose slot does she take? Wardlow's? The EVPs? Does she get Britt+Jade's time or take all the women's division's time entirely?

I'm both excited about the possibility of Sasha joining and the matches she can have and wary that Tony's booking will really make Sasha's introduction fucky in an entirely new way.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If Sasha is available what should happen is that Sasha gets added as one of AEW's "permanent" TV residents. Jericho, Punk, and MJF are good examples. They just have a slot every show to do their segment. But AEW already is limited on time, so whose slot does she take? Wardlow's? The EVPs? Does she get Britt+Jade's time or take all the women's division's time entirely?

I'm both excited about the possibility of Sasha joining and the matches she can have and wary that Tony's booking will really make Sasha's introduction fucky in an entirely new way.
Make time. Especially for the women's division.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017

We've been seeing way too much Hager. Can she have his spot?

Joker Code

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Mox book is out with his narration. It's 9hrs long.

www.audible.com

MOX

Check out this great listen on Audible.com. A vivid trip through the mind of the top professional wrestler in the business—a nobody from nowhere who achieved his ambitions and walked away with the gold and the girl of his dreams. Ride alongside Jon Moxley as he retraces some of the highways ...
It's awesome. I listen to the whole thing in 2 days. Mox narration makes the book a 5/5 for me.

Jan 31, 2018
It's incredible that in the same day SRS reported the Hardys were next in line to win the titles (probably the ladder match yesterday) and that talent didn't like the decision (plus people had seen Jeff in a druken/bad state in multiple occasions), WWE had to one up them with the biggest story since the Benoit murders-suicide.

The Bucks as champions leads to the obvious match with FTR and I'm happy with that. There is concern as why in the world Tony would put the titles in guys who are always in pain and barely can execute their matches at the level the tag team division has us accustomed. Oh well, guess we'll never know.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I'll have to get the audio version of Mox's book. I've already read the hardcover, but getting the chance to hear Mox cut a 9-hour promo about his life while bullshitting about movies and sandwiches is hard to pass up.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Coffin Flop was sitting right there, though

Coffin Flop is still a sore subject after Corncob TV was dropped from my cable package. I'm still reeling over here. It was my favorite show!!

*lol I completely spaced on Coffin Flop lol I guess to make amends I must give to Calico Cut Pants*

Give me Le Sloppy Steaks Debonaire.

Actually, Jericho basing another face turn around that would be great. "I used to be a piece of shit..."

That would be great. Instead of Sloppy Steaks it's
Jericho overcooking his steak by throwing fireballs on it.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK

It's been a few years since I watched her, the go to match would be the one she had with Bayley on an NXT Takeover, she may have had better matches than that since going to main roster but when I was still watching WWE that Bayley match was still her best.

I'm just going on hazy memory here, she is the total package, looks like a star, can talk, can go in the ring, if she's available then TK should definitely try to bring her in, no question.

She's also supposedly not well liked in the locker room either.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
Really enjoyed Dynamite last night. Beaming from start to finish. The match quality was fantastic, loved Wardlow's shenanigans and it was an awesome surprise to see Willow Nightingale get a spot on TV.

Most of all though, this show made NJPW stars feel like a big deal to the AEW crowd. Moxley told the world why Tanahashi is the greatest. Ospreay got the chance to show what calibre an athlete he is. Jay White punking both Hangman and Cole felt like a big fucking deal. This was a show to start selling the PPV, to start promoting stars and I think they did a decent job, I just kinda wish it had started a couple of weeks ago. But what with the timing of Dominon and DoN the logistics must be a real headache. So I guess my main hope is that Forbidden Door 2 will be in a less crowded month...

Oct 27, 2017
Like, is Sasha really better than Stat or Hayter? Is she a technician like Deeb? There's been hype for potential mens division signings sure, but never to the point where it has some saying they should bury the whole roster for them.
Yes she's better than all of them put together at multiple things. She also would be a hugely vocal voice behind the scenes trying to make the product better for her entire division. She'd also be a big proponent of a tag division for the woman.

It's like having a CM Punk level talker that can work at the same level as a Kenny Omega who is already more over than Britt Baker.

They don't really have anyone who can check all of those boxes. They have people that are excel at 1 or 2 of those things but not all of them.

The people they DO have that can work and talk for some reason dont get booked every week on Dynamite. They take breaks before they can gain momentum or lose their feud and go away for a while.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Yes she's better than all of them put together at multiple things. She also would be a hugely vocal voice behind the scenes trying to make the product better for her entire division. She'd also be a big proponent of a tag division for the woman.

It's like having a CM Punk level talker that can work at the same level as a Kenny Omega who is already more over than Britt Baker.

They don't really have anyone who can check all of those boxes. They have people that are excel at 1 or 2 of those things but not all of them.

The people they DO have that can work and talk for some reason dont get booked every week on Dynamite. They take breaks before they can gain momentum or lose their feud and go away for a while.

Yeah, how vocal she is backstage is probably underrated. If she came in as a top star she wouldn't be shy about speaking her mind on the visibility of the women's division. I mean she basically got herself fired because she was upset about how little thought was given to the tag belts she held.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Sasha as an overall package is quite literally better than every woman in AEW. And by a large margin too.
I think there are people who are as good or better in the ring (Deeb, Hayter, Storm), but Sasha is unique in that she was able to raise her stock with the fans despite WWE's best efforts. She's like Punk and Bryan in that way. It didn't matter what lame shit they gave her, or how quickly they ended her title runs. She was always going to be more over than most of the people on that roster. Being Teflon like that is rare.

Also as has been discussed for like a month now, having Sasha around to push Tony in the right direction with the women's division would be great. I mean anything is possible, and TK could just say "no thanks, goodbye", but Sasha isn't Big Swole or Lio Rush. Fire someone with that level of fame and fan support for her backstage actions at your own peril.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Seems a bit weird that some of the Dynamite video are not gaining as much traction on YouTube as usual. Even the worst Dynamite uploads shoot up to 100K fast. Maybe there is an error or something. The 15k for Mox/Tanahashi jumped out to me most of all

unknown.png
They messed up the uploads. Think they must have uploaded them as private as they weren't there this morning. It means they wouldn't have shown in a lot of peoples subs.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's kind of weird to have a match at Forbidden Door without any Forbidden Door aspect to it.

Eh. When ROH and NJPW did shows it had non mixed company matches as well. plus they did say earlier it'd have aew vs aew or njpw vs njpw. Hayter, Riho, or Storm is about as close to Stardom as you'll get.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
The Women's division feels like an inconsequential nuisance that has to be worked in to each episode of Dynamite or Tony gets sued. I question if I'd enjoy the show more if they got rid of it entirely over what they do with it now. So while i like Sasha, I'm not that eager to her to the mix of people fighting for the one match each Wednesday. At the very least they have to pretend being world champion of the women's division is important.

Oct 28, 2017
Sasha as an overall package is quite literally better than every woman in AEW. And by a large margin too.

Exactly this. I love the AEW women but it genuinely isn't very close at all.

I think everyone has forgotten how good she is since she's been in main roster purgatory for years. I hope we get to see her with the handcuffs off, I'm sure she has lots of great ideas that were shot down by the gross swamp creatures in WWE.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I'm glad everyone realizes that, as she's only around twice a year, Riho isn't truly part of the AEW roster when speaking about Sasha being better than every woman in the company! Phew.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I'm glad everyone realizes that, as she's only around twice a year, Riho isn't truly part of the AEW roster when speaking about Sasha being better than every woman in the company! Phew.
I didn't say Sasha was the best wrestler. She's the best overall package. Wrestling, mic, presence, star power. No one in AEW is even remotely close to matching her in all of those.

uncledonnie

Oct 26, 2017
What am I even reading here. Stat and Hayter being on Sasha's level, or even close to it, is laughable. And that's just talking about in-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.