Status
Not open for further replies.

DStubbs

Oct 28, 2017
One of the best Dynamites we've had in a while. It just felt refreshing to not have a bunch of RoH or NJPW stuff cram up the show. Was awesome to see so much of the younger talent get the spotlight tonight.

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
Tony Kahn saw all that "oh, now that Hunter is in charge I'm gonna give WWE a chance. I bet lots of AEW guys jump ship now" and he took that PERSONALLY.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Great show. Rosa vs Yamashita was a bit sloppy at points mainly on the apron, but apart from that that was an all timer episode.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I get people not liking the concussion angle but the only way for it to make sense for Garcia going over and to have a storyline where could this be it for Bryan Danielson, I mean you had to do it.
Have Hager hit Danielson with a weapon when the ref isn't looking. There's other ways it could've gone but the crowd was bought in so they achieved what they set out to do. Just, even in the short term I really don't want this "Bryan returned too early thing" to persist beyond tonight. I don't need this to be like DDP's taped up ribs back in the day.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
One of the best Dynamites we've had in a while. It just felt refreshing to not have a bunch of RoH or NJPW stuff cram up the show. Was awesome to see so much of the younger talent get the spotlight tonight.
That said, the problem in those instances was never the ROH or NJPW talent but rather the bad and/or rushed booking around that stuff.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Have Hager hit Danielson with a weapon when the ref isn't looking. There's other ways it could've gone but the crowd was bought in so they achieved what they set out to do. Just, even in the short term I really don't want this "Bryan returned too early thing" to persist beyond tonight. I don't need this to be like DDP's taped up ribs back in the day.

One of the storylines coming out of this match was Daniel Garcia being unaware Hager did the cheat for him. Could it be smoke and mirrors or can it lead to somewhere?

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
There was one part during commercial where Yamashita was setting up for a spinning kick and Rosa was just sitting there for like 10 seconds waiting while Yamashita was seemingly motioning for her to sit up more that was incredibly odd.
Oh, was that during commercial? They lucked out there then, because that was brutal

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
This was a wonderful show, and I'm sticking around for Rampage, but I think I have real shit luck with my area in the crowd. They're screaming weirdly homophobic and transphobic stuff at wrestlers, doing their own edgy commentary, and there have been multiple times where people stand in the aisles and get in the way of entire sections of the crowd. The Boston show I went to in comparison was a lot better with this shit. Shouldn't be shocked at the Worcester area having people like this, but I'm at least grateful that the crowd as a whole was really into the show and I hope it showed!

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
This was a wonderful show, and I'm sticking around for Rampage, but I think I have real shit luck with my area in the crowd. They're screaming weirdly homophobic and transphobic stuff at wrestlers, doing their own edgy commentary, and there have been multiple times where people stand in the aisles and get in the way of entire sections of the crowd. The Boston show I went to in comparison was a lot better with this shit. Shouldn't be shocked at the Worcester area having people like this, but I'm at least grateful that the crowd as a whole was really into the show and I hope it showed!

Sounds like you're in Boston all right

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
AEW now has 4 mens belts (not counting FTW) and 2 women's belts.

We should have gotten women's tag belts first and also like 2 matches a night. But I guess we needed swerve vs smart mark

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm trying to think of who should win the Trios tournament. I feel like TK might do Best Friends a solid and give them the belts since they've been around since the beginning with nothing to show for it.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
But then you're in Hamilton.

That's my hometown, pal. LOL. Don't speak ill of it! Electric Diner in Hess Village rules.
5d43d1_5fde8dbc85d94b948711e954933ef0af~mv2.jpg

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Fortunately didn't hear anything like that from our section. There was a couple of homophobic things from our section in Lowell last Saturday but fortunately it only lasted the first match.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping the Hung Bucks win the trios titles. The Toronto show will be a good test on who's vaxxed as well. Watching teams go to Canada and not have some of their best players is infuriating in baseball right now.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
That was a great episode of Dynamite tonight. Lots of great matches and storyline progression tonight. I'm on cloud nine right now (Which means tomorrow I'll feel awful lol)

*As always, review in spoiler brackets to condense the post*

AEW Interim World Championship: Jon Moxley © vs RUSH - ***1/2
- Great match, with compelling action from both men
- Rush looked great here. Didn't see his DBD match against Dragon Lee, but heard it was fantastic. Really glad AEW is already making him seem like a threat, even if he actually had no chance in winning
- Mox's forehead skin must be as thin as tissue paper lol. This boy likes to bleed

*Post Match Thoughts:*
- Liked the story continuing between LFI vs Lucha Bros
- Really liked the whole post match segment with Mox & Jericho. Loved that Mox wants Lionheart Chris Jericho instead of his current gimmick
- Actually looking forward to Jericho vs Mox II

- Loved everything about the Ricky Starks FTW Championship stuff during the episode. Both matches were nothing special in terms of wrestling, but I loved it all
- HOOK winning the FTW Championship is perfect booking. Holding his father's belt is just *chef's kiss*
- HOBBS WHY?!!!!!!!! YOU BROKE MY HEART!!!!! CURSE YOU AND YOUR MUSCLES!!!!

- TRIOS TAG TITLES!!!!! THEY LOOK BEAUTIFUL!!!!! CURSE YOU HOBBS!!! I'M STILL NOT OVER IT!!!!

Sammy Guevara vs Dante Martin - ***1/2
- Great match. Both guys had excellent chemistry and will be headlining PPV's in years ago
- Sammy didn't nearly die in the match, so that's a plus too
- Liked the extra wrinkle of Skye Blue being at ringside. More stories for the women

- Looks like Ruby & Skye Blue vs TayJay is in the cards. Building towards Women's Tag Titles?
- Eddie Kingston will kill Sammy Guevara at All Out and earn a World Title shot at Arthur Ashe. Book it TK!!!

- Great segment with Jungle Boy & Christian Cage
- Jungle Boy becomes Jungle Man. I'm the first to make that joke, right?
- I noticed Luchasaurus giving Jungle Boy some weird looks. Maybe I was just imagining it
- This feud better end with a Luchasaurus on a Pole Match...bro

- Hangman & The Bucks reuniting?? Or will Kenny foil their plans
- ALSO, SCREW YOU HOBBS!!! HOW COULD YOU BETRAY RICKY!!!!

Tony Nese & Smart Mark Sterling vs Swerve Strickland - **
- Average match, nothing more

- Ok, I kinda dig Josh Woods being in this. He looked great during the Dark matches he had
- This match will be on Battle of the Belts

AEW Women's World Championship: Thunder Rosa © vs Miyu Yamashita - ***
- Good match. Nothing great or terrible about it.
- Miyu was off a bit, but that was most certainly jet lag

- Congrats to all the Canadian peeps who can go to a show in October. Rivenblade, I'm looking at you friend

Bryan Danielson vs Daniel Garcia - ****
- Incredible match
- Loved the story of the match, although a bit uneasy with it revolved around Bryan's real life injury. However, this was 100% Bryan's idea and it really sold the finish
- Can't believe Daniel Garcia won. Star making performance tonight

*FUN FACT*
Wheeler YUTA's star making performance was in the same building. Also my current MOTY too (Against Jon Moxley in case you forgot)

Show Rating: B+
- Great wrestling
- Great storyline progression
- Gr... SCREW YOU HOBBS!!! YOU AND YOUR MUSCLES DESERVE THE WORST FOR BETRAYING RICKY. I HOPE YOUR HOT COFFEE IS LUKEWARM AT BEST, YOU MEANIE!! (That'll show em)

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
What. A. Show.

THEY GAVE STUFF ROOM TO BREATHE! THEY DIDN'T ASSUME KNOWLEDGE! THEY DIDN'T RUSH FROM ONE SEGMENT TO THE NEXT!

-Mox and Rush killed it. Anna Jay yelling "I'LL CHOKE YOU OUT! AND I'LL CHOKE YOU OUT!" Oprah "AND YOU GET A CAR! AND YOU GET A CAR!" style was brilliant.
-Jericho and Moxley are SO GOOD on the mic. This gave me major February 2020 vibes in the best way. Ready for that match.

-What more can you say about the Ricky/Danhausen/HOOK segment? Just pro wrestling PERFECTION. Ricky is FANTASTIC.

-Hobbs heel turn! NOOOOOOOOO! Dirtyshubb called it!

-Dante vs. Sammy was a lot of fun to watch. Liked them involving Tay and Skye Blue. Really liked the finishing sequence of this match, too, and I'm down for this intergender match.

-Laughed at the SATNAM/SONJAY segment. I'm down for that trios match on Friday, actually.

-JUNGLE MAN. Not a fan of him dropping the P word, but given everything Christian has said about his family and everything he's done to him, Jungle Boy coming back by sounding like a biiiit of an asshole felt earned. And he sounded pretty darn good! Loved the production of this segment.

-Loved the Bucks/Hangman/Dark Order segment. It's the little things. Looking forward to next week. Actually quite curious to see the return of Adam Cole.

-Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I quite enjoyed the Sw3rve and Tony Nese match. It set up an easy first tag title program for Sw3rve and Lee, too. I'm assuming that happens at Quake at the Lake. I felt Sw3rve and Nese both looked really good in this match, and I was happy to get some story!

-Very strong Malakai Black promo. Promising Miro that others will bow to HIM if he joins the HoB, and Brody challenging Darby to a Coffin Match. It's probably time for Darby to get a W against Brody. I'm assuming that's another Quake at the Lake match.

-Miyu vs. Rosa was okay, but definitely sloppy in parts. Their first match had some sloppiness in the first little bit, but it became really good really quickly in my books. This one had a higher degree of awkwardness, and I'm kind of bummed by it, but they had some strong moments in the match, too. This still felt like a significant defense for Rosa, and that's what matters. And she's getting another TV match next week? We sure Tony is booking this division?!

-I hope Christian and Matt Hardy can capture lightning in a bottle twice in AEW. For those who remember it, their first singles match was excellent.

-AEW IN CANADA, BABY. Really hope I can get tickets and that they don't vanish instantly. PLEASE SEND ME PROMO CODES IF YOU GOT 'EM IN AUGUST.

-I was uncomfortable with the concussion angle in the main event, but I was also incredibly happy to see Danielson back. And what a win for Garcia, help or no help! This felt significant and special for him.

Grade: A

I loved this show. It just felt refreshing not to have ROH or New Japan segments clog up segments. This felt like AEW, and somehow even BETTER than it's been in recent memory because of what I said at the top of this block of text. It felt like they just gave stuff room to BREATHE, and the show was so much better because of it. Also, they focused on telling stories AND had bangers throughout the show as well! Just awesome pro wrestling TV tonight.

Also, major spotlights tonight for:

HOOK!
Ricky Starks!
Jungle Boy!
Daniel Garcia!

The future is bright. I really hope they all stick around in AEW moving forward. These guys all rule.

I hope Ruby and Anna have a good match on Rampage.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching. Loved the show.

Starks is a face! Will Fitts have to change his online persona?
I'd like to see Rush v Takeshita. Just because.
Great to see Garcia get the win. Maybe they run it back at All Out because it was an excellent match.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
No Wardlow tonight was a bit surprising. Wonder if they give him another segment on Rampage. Probably wanna set something up for Battle of the Belts III for him.

Wardlow vs. Buddy Matthews?

Hell, surprise me and give me a random Wardlow vs. Brian Cage match. LOL

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Internet says the Toronto arena is just under 8,000 seats. Eep.

A buddy of mine said he miiiight have a connection who has private box access. Stay tuned. That would be awesome because I could bring the kids and give them food and iPads if they got bored. LOL.

'K, have a good night, folks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.