OP
OP
Pilgrimzero

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone is lauding AVP2 guess I need to pick it backup. I found it lacking compared to the 1st AVP first time I played it.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
I have fond memories of AvP2 on PC, though I haven't played it in over a decade. Not holding my breath for a rerelease as it's probably in rights limbo similar to the No One Lives Forever games.

I had fun with AvP2010. Not great but worth the measly $3 or less it goes for during Steam sales

Infestation on DS is a fun if uninspired Metroidvania.

Isolation is stellar but that goes without saying.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I have fond memories of AvP2 on PC, though I haven't played it in over a decade. Not holding my breath for a rerelease as it's probably in rights limbo similar to the No One Lives Forever games.

Everytime someone mentions NoLF this is how I feel:

Rdf1xLN.png

plagiarize

Unfurling New Wings
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Played lots of AVP Classic/2000, although mainly single player and lan based gaming. Love it and still revisit it to this day. Marine was my jam in that title, and my ability to handle the AI made Survival mode my go to. Aliens feared *me*.

AvP2 I didn't like the single player as much, but I played a LOT online. Mainly the survivor game type where everyone started as marines in a free for all, but as soon as someone died they became and alien and everyone the alien killed also became an alien. My allegiances changed from marine to alien, specifically a dog alien, because hoooo boy people really didn't know what to do with a good dog alien player. I used to play a lot with a guy called Red Riot, and if we were both on the alien team, the marines were immediately in trouble because we moved as one. Similarly, if he died first, the fear that seeing his name scroll over the in game chat as joining the alien team was always immense, because I knew he was going to be gunning for me every time. I always returned that favor... and it was some of the best fun I had playing online to this day I think.

AvP 2010 was decent. I liked the single player more than AvP2, and the MP less. When I played it seriously, I was happy to see a lot of my alien skills held over (since it's all about the ways you can move through the level that others can't). I considered myself a *front lines* alien. I wasn't about hiding in the shadows, I was about finding you and killing you. Even if you were a predator. I didn't care. You were meat. Fell off after a couple of months though and don't really think about it much.

Alien Isolation I never really finished. I was playing it in VR and I fell out of love with Oculus and sold all my stuff, and I keep meaning to go back to it now that I have a VR headset again using the Mother mod or whatever.

I played some of the beat em up back in the day, and I've put at least a few hours into the pinball tables in Zen Pinball 2. Those are fun enough.

The high point though, always remains the first time I was lowered into the space jockey room in the derelict in AVP Classic/2000. My PC at the time wasn't fully compatible with direct3d, and the vision modes didn't work properly. This meant night vision was unusable for me and I had to rely on flares (it was like 80% static instead of 10%). Dropping flares into space jockey chamber, and only fully realizing where I was on about the third flare, isn't just a highpoint for me in alien related gaming, but gaming period.

I was so scared. Because I knew where I was. And I knew I really didn't want to be there. Moments like that in gaming are really rare. The only other game that made me feel that way was Dead Space 2.

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
Definitely want a new single player game featuring the Predator like Concrete Jungle, it'd be so good with all the different gadgets and stealth mechanics! A new AvP would be great too!

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
due to the legal hell those 3 games where "free" on a website and modded to run on curretn gen systems. The idea behind the site was to force the IP holders to figure things out but apparently they didnt care enough so boom free.

Indeed. And although the modernizer patch makes NoLF1 and 2 runs flawelessly, I still want NoLF to be back officially. To introduce people that might never heard of the game to it, and that would only happen with Nightdive's remasters... which I'll forever hope for.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aliens/Predator/Marines is such an amazing combo that I really hope we get some good modern game at some point.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite alien and predator games are alien isolation, predator concrete jungle (technically there are xeno's in it), avp 2010, and avp 2. I have some fond memories of the xbox rts as well

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
Alien vs Predator 2 (2001) is the scariest game of all time to me personally

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Now I'm interested in actually playing the PS1 Alien Trilogy game, I'm in a complete DOOM kick right now thanks to Eternal and Doom 64, I think Alien Trilogy would be a wonderful follow up.

Well, they have done a lot since release, but it's essentially the same game with the same limited options. I don't play other multiplayer games if they're not local coop, so I dunno, your mileage may vary. It's worth 30$ absolutely and I can't believe I'm saying this, but on PS4 in over 50 hours+ of playing I haven't been team griefed or even once heard the utterance of racist or sexist banter. So I think that's also gone a long way.

Plus, it's just undeniably fucking incredible to play as the yautja once you know what you're doing.

Oh, but don't play with crossplay on, as always, because PC players will swallow PS4 players whole.
You can buy the PC version of Alien Trilogy digitally if you are interested.

www.zoom-platform.com

Alien Trilogy

Alien Trilogy is a first-person shooter video game developed by Probe Entertainment and published by Acclaim Entertainment for the PlayStation, Sega Saturn and Windows platforms in 1996. The game is based on the first three movies in the Alien film series.

Brainfreeze

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Drop the difficulty to easy or novice. I love the game but I cannot enjoy getting killed and having to redo 30 minutes of play. The Alien is still a threat and still deadly but you feel like you arent 1 wrong move from replaying the last section of the game.

Hey, just circling back around to say that I followed your advice and it was definitely the right call. I beat the game today and, while I still have my issues with it, it was way more enjoyable on easy, and I had a good time overall. Some of the sections near the end would have undoubtedly been a nightmare otherwise. Thanks for the help!

Deleted member 20155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
AvP2 was good but just an FPS, the Rebellion AvP felt so different, I suppose just cos it was super hard and you couldn't save. I played it endlessly when it first came out

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Loved AvP2 and Alien Trilogy, even if the latter was super repetitive. Alien Resurrection had great mechanics, but unfortunately had terrible controls and buggy AF. And of course, Alien Isolation is an amazing game beyond the franchise.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
A shame AVP 2 is stuck in rights hell.

Sega, WB, Monolith, Disney, Fox, and Activision would all need to agree to something and I think there might even be another in there too.