• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
The original still only runs at 540p at Xbox, it needs a remaster on consoles for that alone.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
alan-wake---v1.07.33.ypj7h.png
It's okay I reckon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
Hopefully it's more than just a graphical face lift. Game hasn't aged well combat wise.
I'm really curious as to how they could revamp the combat. Imo Alan Wake has truly terrible combat that's a blemish on an otherwise great game. But I really can't think of a way that'd make the "point a flashlight at your enemy" concept any more fun.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
Goddamn it

I just started playing the OG Alan Wake like 5 days ago

Well, not like it's coming in a week so whatever

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I need this in my veins.

It's one of the last games to have cracked into my top 3.
(Shenmue, Persona 4 Golden, Alan Wake)

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I have to say; I absolutely loved Control but I was profoundly confused during the DLC never having played Alan Wake before.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping it will come to PS4/5.

Having never played a Remedy game up to Control, and then loving it, I'd really like to get round to playing their other games now. I unfortunately missed it on the Xbox 360, and if Alan Wake 2 is on the horizon and there's a good chance it will be on the main console platforms I would really like to have the first one available.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man... I hope it also includes American Nightmare. I been wanting to play AW again for quiet sometime, but I refuse to replay it in 700p or whatever resolution it was on XB1.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
I predict that Epic will fund and publish Alan Wake 2. Only platform holder willing to put down the millions for studios like Remedy to push their platform. (Critical acclaim with modest success)

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Oh man so excited! I'm curious to see if they add more variety in terms of enemies alongside some extra content like putting American Nightmare in the package ;)

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
The main thing that would require fixing in this game is facial animation, but since most cut-scenes in the game are pre-rendered, I'm wonder if this can be done. Other than that, the game looks fine on PC.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Most remasters just end up being a res boost, texture upscale and video upres then sold at a higher price.

Would love to be wrong about this and see the facial animations, lighting, textures and other things upgraded.

Jul 26, 2018
How scary is this game? Like very scary, mildly scary? At home we have a very high sensitivity for horror games, even Metro felt a bit too much.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Well if it's on the Control engine with further upgrades it would be cool, AW already looks really good maxed out though.

rafox

Apr 28, 2020
The wording is "remastered", seems like some people here are expecting a remake.

Aug 31, 2019
It would have to be gobsmackingly gorgeous of have some amazing QoL features, the original still looks fine to my eyes?