Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Games are exclusive to Steam all the time, it's just that Valve doesn't have to pay for this luxury, they just *are* due to the first mover feedback loop that Steam enjoys (everyone uses steam, so that's where the buyers are, so games prioritise intergration with steam, so people use steam because that's where the games are, so everyone uses steam, etc).

Is this a weird pretend way of saying Steam without saying Steam? Or do you actually mean that it's on Steam, GoG, Itch, Windows Store and DRM free on the publisher's website?
Hence why the claim that Steam has only one true exclusive is still true, and that EGS has had more exclusives in comparison despite the monopoly argument. I know that's not what you are saying, just reiterating my point hah.

Deleted member 17184

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hence why the claim that Steam has only one true exclusive is still true, and that EGS has had more exclusives in comparison despite the monopoly argument. I know that's not what you are saying, just reiterating my point hah.
I'm a bit confused. Why do you say EGS has had exclusives in comparison? As far as I know, the games Epic publishes that are on EGS are all multiplatform. Do you mean third-party games that are on EGS but not on consoles? Because, if so, Steam has definitely more third-party exclusives simply because it has a bigger library that is almost 20 years old, haha.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Really happy to see all the licensed music is intact.

Hopefully the facial animations look better than Control's.
I love Control but god damn those characters are hideous- at least on a base PS4 anyway.

Canas Renvall

Mar 4, 2018
They aren't getting anything but another load of bad rep from making the remaster of a multiplatform game EGS exclusive.
It's not EGS exclusive. It's releasing on five other platforms besides PC. Far more than the original, which was an Xbox 360 exclusive for years before going to Steam and nothing else. It's three times as much a multiplat game than the original was.

Last edited:

Deleted member 27751

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm a bit confused. Why do you say EGS has had exclusives in comparison? As far as I know, the games Epic publishes that are on EGS are all multiplatform. Do you mean third-party games that are on EGS but not on consoles? Because, if so, Steam has definitely more third-party exclusives simply because it has a bigger library that is almost 20 years old, haha.
I mean the exclusives both third and first that are not available on any other storefront. Titles like Kingdom Hearts 3, Dauntless and Somic Colours Ultimate (though that is one broken title) are at this time never coming to Steam.

Yes Steam does have more titles due to its age, but none of those are restricted from going elsewhere if they choose. Like the other person stated, Steam simply has the largest library because of it being the first real PC storefront alongside its gigantic efforts to bring PC gaming back from the brink of death.

Anyway, I've digressed enough in a thread not truly about the PC platform.

Deleted member 17184

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean the exclusives both third and first that are not available on any other storefront. Titles like Kingdom Hearts 3, Dauntless and Somic Colours Ultimate (though that is one broken title) are at this time never coming to Steam.

Yes Steam does have more titles due to its age, but none of those are restricted from going elsewhere if they choose. Like the other person stated, Steam simply has the largest library because of it being the first real PC storefront alongside its gigantic efforts to bring PC gaming back from the brink of death.

Anyway, I've digressed enough in a thread not truly about the PC platform.
Oh, I see! Yeah, Alan Wake Remastered (and the sequel) is published by Epic, so it's just like any Valve title that will never go to other PC stores.

Amazon UK pre order link(£24.99) and first screenshots
OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro

10h10Wu.png

gvYR3NF.png

jO9hrE4.png

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I'm liking the price. I assume that would be about $29.99 in the US? Seems fair.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
They also updated Barry's model. You can tell by his hair in that it's longer and rougher.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
30€ is not bad, but not great either (unless has lots of improvements).
Will probably wait for a sale since already played back in the day

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wasn't blown away, but It's Alan freakin Wake. Of course I'm in. Just not sure what platform to get it on.

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Series X/S version is available for preorder. $30 published by Epic Games

Buy Alan Wake Remastered | Xbox

In this award-winning cinematic action-thriller, troubled author Alan Wake embarks on a desperate search for his missing wife. As he discovers pages of a story he has supposedly written, Wake's grip on reality is threatened as he confronts the darkness closing in. The horror story is coming true.

Looks like there is no Smart Delivery and the Xbox One version is a separate store listing that is not live yet.

Willy

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer looked better than expected but I'm not sure it's enough to make me buy the game for a third time, even if I do love the series.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Does Alan Wake Remastered support ray tracing / HDR?

No.

As this is a remaster built on the existing Alan Wake engine and technology, adding in ray tracing / HDR support was deemed too time-consuming. This would have taken resources away from other critical areas.

We are confident the game looks great even without ray tracing / HDR support.
well, fuck

Also no Northlight confirmed.

Deleted member 17184

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
That looked actually much better than I expected since it is not on Control's engine. Might get it, I will think about it.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
This really isn't worth 30$ for PC players who already own the game. Game was 30$ at launch 2012. Shame for exclusivity and no free upgrades for previous owners or at least discounts.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait, one of my favourite games.

So will PC have 2 commentary tracks or will the new one replace the 2012 commentary?

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Any DualSense features for PS5...?
The controller has become a fun differentiator for platform-agnostic folks.