Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
This is for you.

I'm beyond happy to tell you that at the time of writing this, Alan Wake Remastered is nearing its completion. Confirmed, announced, coming up in partnership with Epic Games Publishing. Multiplatform. PC on the Epic Games Store, Xbox, and for the first time ever, PlayStation, this generation and the previous one.

This is for you. Alan Wake came out over 11 years ago, and through that time, you have told us again and again how much you love the game, the story, the characters, and the lore. And that matters a lot to us. We love this game as well. I love this game. The remaster is coming because of your support for Alan Wake through the years. That is why we felt it was fitting to make this announcement here, at The Sudden Stop, which has been an integral part of the Remedy community since back in 2012, when it started out as an Alan Wake fansite. The Remedy community wouldn't be what it is today without The Sudden Stop, and we wanted to show our gratitude by telling you about Alan Wake Remastered right here. So thank you, Rachel, and everyone else, for supporting Remedy and our games through all these years.
Early on in the game Alan Wake says, "In a horror story the victim keeps asking why – but there can be no explanation, and there shouldn't be one, the unanswered mystery is what stays with us the longest, and it's what we remember in the end." This is an idea close to my heart. Stories that make me think excite me, stories where everything is not freely handed out to me or wrapped up neatly, where I am left with a mystery. Mysteries are magical to me, they hold a promise, and I am often happier with that than a final answer. This is what we as a team, and I as the lead writer of Alan Wake, set out to create for you a long time ago.

This story and character were personal in many ways. Alan Wake, being a writer himself, gave me an opportunity to use what I do and love as a writer as an element in the story. Alan Wake also contained the mystery of forests and lakes, which are precious to me as a Finn. And, instead of a focused one-note horror fare, it was this strange, even wasteful mix of horror, humor and supernatural mystery. I also love it because it turned out to be a very hard game to make, with many struggles along the way, and that makes me even prouder of what we achieved.
The original game was only available for Xbox 360 and a few years later, PC. We are thrilled about the opportunity to bring the remastered version out for a new generation of platforms. I am excited to hear what you think about Alan Wake.

Alan Wake Remastered is the original experience you fell in love with all those years ago. We did not want to change that. But the visuals all around, including the character model of Alan Wake himself and the cinematics, have been updated and improved with some choice next-generation upgrades.
Alan Wake Remastered will launch this fall. Stay tuned for more information soon.
This is for you. I hope you enjoy it, either again, like meeting an old friend, or for the first time.

Yours,
Sam Lake, Creative Director, Remedy Entertainment

Deleted member 39144

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
If it's a good remaster I'll be in for the Series X version. Disappointed by the lack of Switch, though.

Deleted member 10119

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2021
That shoots down the rumor that it will be at the showcase then.

Never played Alan Wake, can't wait to try.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Of course not Steam... would this be a timed one for them or do you think Epic paid them for permanent?

Hope it feels a bit better to play than the original.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
This is great news, and I like the multiplatform release. Never played Alan Wake, so I want to give it a try.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Quite excited to return to Alan Wake, that original game is fantastic but another visual pass could really make a big impact!

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Oh hey that's cool, underappreciated gem. Hopefully people enjoy it.

Shame it's on EGS only but ah well.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
So the rumors about the sequel is probably true since it was rumored to be published by EPIC. Cant wait

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Of course not Steam... would this be a timed one for them or do you think Epic paid them for permanent?

Hope it feels a bit better to play than the original.
The whole thing was paid for by Epic and they're publishing it. It's never gonna be on Steam. That's fine though. I'd rather they fund and publish shit then try and poach it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Probably won't be playing it again, but I hope everyone who experiences it for the first time enjoys it.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
I think I will be playing this again :) Weeee only thing i hope is we can change which side the TPS happens on, left or right.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I wish they could remove all the parts where you fight haunted trash cans and construction equipment

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed they aren't including American Nightmare as part of this.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Aw man I've been wanting to replay this and I can't wait!

Next-gen raytraced flashlight tech is gonna be gorgeous af

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Alan Wake was the game that made me buy my first Xbox 360, and got me into the Xbox ecosystem.

To play Alan Wake on PlayStation is a dream come true hah. I'll get the remaster on the PS5 since I have the OG on my Series X with BC plus American Nightmare, which it sounds like its not included in the remaster.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks it's not coming to Steam. Guess I will have to wait a while longer to play this.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
if this was part of the PS event they would have waited a pair of days, so this one could be ruled out too I guess