Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The way Doc Ock is set-up. I was totally expecting a Superior Spider-man arc with you eventually playing as Miles to stop "Peter". It's so easy. You could have done it in the direct sequel with Peter acting extremely sketchy and halfway through you switch to Miles or even set-up the whole transition in 2 with the reveal at then and then play as Miles in a third game.

I hope that still happens honestly I just wish Miles' playable debut was in a mainline game instead of what is essentially a side game.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
SMH Spider Gwen. We can do better
314992._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpg
A Silk game could be pretty fun. Love her costume too.

Borgus

Apr 14, 2020
Toronto
Yeah I can't see how they wouldn't capitalize on the success of Spider-verse. Someone needs to make "it prints money" gifs for all of this.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Yeah I can't see how they wouldn't capitalize on the success of Spider-verse. Someone needs to make "it prints money" gifs for all of this.

Marvel's in a tough spot because there's also a lot of Venom hype in the air these days too. Or maybe they're not in a tough spot because they saw this coming and it's why they've already set up both Miles and Venom lol

Gwen can easily get an introduction in the next game like Miles did in the first one.

And since Octavious was the original big bad, maybe we get Superior Spider-Man at some point - it would be a great opportunity to make Miles the main playable character for one of the "big" games

Maybe they introduce Brock and Gwen, and Spider-Man 3 is all 3 playable to take down Superior Spider-Man as the big bad :O

Borgus

Apr 14, 2020
Toronto
Marvel's in a tough spot because there's also a lot of Venom hype in the air these days too. Or maybe they're not in a tough spot because they saw this coming and it's why they've already set up both Miles and Venom lol

Gwen can easily get an introduction in the next game like Miles did in the first one.

And since Octavious was the original big bad, maybe we get Superior Spider-Man at some point - it would be a great opportunity to make Miles the main playable character for one of the "big" games

I would love that sort of progression. I can't believe how hyped I am considering I haven't even played the first fucking game yet (my buddy gifted me a PS4 so I could buy it but I don't want to decide between groceries and video games. )

It'd be wild to see Superior used in a video game.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Picture this:
Spidey 2: Peter takes down Harry's Goblin. Then makes the black suit to allow him to harness the symbiote. It takes over and Peter becomes venom. The game then switches to Miles having to take down his former mentor in order to save him. Bonus points if Peter dies.

Spidey 3 can be Miles and Gwen buddy cop game.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel the next logical step in this franchise is making it a third person cover-based shooter starring...

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Spiderman - Ghost Spider is too cool of a game name. They have to do Gwen.

Watch them name it Spiderman - Gwen Stacy lol

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
I may be in the minority, but I don't want them to go Spiderverse, at least not yet. I really liked the relatively grounded approach they took with the first game. There's room for Into The Spiderverse, but I'd prefer if they keep it to Miles and Peter right now. Spend time establishing these characters

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
A spider verse game with Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island, with all 4 areas sporadically mixed dimension wise.

That's of course after Spiderman 2 with venom, and Green Goblin.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i'll not take this slander from someone named k to the roc

Joking aside, I like it. It's better than Spider Gwen and Spiderwoman at least

"Spider-Woman" is fine. It's basic, but so is "Spider-Man". And "Spider-Gwen" was only ever a nickname to separate her from OG Civilian Gwen. As a name, "Ghost Spider" is silly and not a simple "this is the deal with this character" like "Spider-Woman" or even "Spider-Gwen".

I also think there's problems with using Gwen period. Because the chance for comic's most famous victims to be a hero is a huge part of the character's appeal, IMO. But if you lose that in the narrative, I think you lose a huge part of the character's appeal.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Needs to make multiple side games where they all have different MCs that lead to the Spider-Verse similar to the 90s TV show.

spiderferi

Apr 15, 2018
Tehran, Iran

While Into the Spider-Verse done so well critically, financially it was nothing special. It sold around 450M for a production budget of near 100M. The next movie will sell more I'd presume because of the hype of the first one but still, it's not like Into the Spider-Verse generated a ton of money.

legendofjelda

Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
How about a death of Peter Parker in the first act of Spider-Man 2? Forcing Miles to have to step it up big time and take the lead role. They'd have to mislead-market the game as a proper team-up.

And then for Spider-Man 3 go full on spider-verse, bringing back some version of Peter as well. And the inheritors as antagonists.

Though I wouldn't mind a Superior Spider-Man arc either, which has indeed been hinted at. Could even do that Spider-Man: Life Story style.

Superior Spider-Man could be the "spin-off" to Spidey 2.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Ghost-Spider followed by Spider-Man Noir and then do a Spiderverse game where you can play between them. Or skip to spiderverse!

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I expect the mainline games to still mostly focus on Peter, with Miles in a similar role as in the first game, but now with his own powers of course.
They set up a lot of stuff in the first game, and I don't expect them to do both Green goblin and Venom in 2.

SPIDEY: Doc Ock.
Spidey 2: Venom.
Spidey 3: Goblin.
I think that's how it'll most likely end up, with some support villains and maybe Gwen or some other Spider-woman showing up in one of the sequels.
I don't think they'll introduce the multiverse in any of the games.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Spider-Man: Octavius... An adaptation of Superior Spider-Man =D
with the first game focus heavily on Peter and Otto relationship, an adaptation of Superior Spider-Man sounds like a no brainer, and we already setup Miles as Spider-Man, would be a perfect setup to have Spider-Man vs Spider-Man boss battle. but maybe in the third game, game 2 will have to deal with Venom and Goblin