• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
wwe-covid-test.jpg

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/wwe-developmental-talent-tests-positive-covid-19-statement/

WWE has confirmed a developmental talent tested positive for COVID-19, therefore everyone on-site will be tested immediately out of caution.

The company released a statement from WWE's Associate Medical Director, Dr. Jeffrey Dugas, which explains the following:

"A developmental talent, who was last on site at WWE's training facility on Tuesday, June 9, has tested positive for COVID-19. Since that time, no other individuals that attended the facility have reported symptoms. However, out of an abundance of caution and to ensure the health and safety of the company's performers and staff, all talent, production crew and employees on site at the training and production facilities will be tested for COVID-19 immediately. Following the test results, WWE plans to proceed with its normal television production schedule."

NXT wrestlers and Performance Center trainees first started being used as audience members last month. During tonight's show, a select number of fans were included as well.

WWE did not confirm which wrestler tested positive, but one source did clarify that the person in question is a PC trainee … not someone on NXT TV.

According to POST Wrestling's John Pollock, WWE tapings at the Performance Center tomorrow will no longer be taking place. This is likely being done to allow time for testing to take place.

Test the search if old.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes Vince.

How beautiful a world it is to see NJPW to return - the only major wrestling promotion to do a full pause - while promising engaging tests while WWE enters fucking carnyville.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Frankly, the only surprising part of this story is that it hasn't happened before now. Especially with such lengthy incubation periods, their sorry ass temperature checks, only paying attention to folks showing symptoms and Florida's COVID-19 incident rate setting new daily records on the regular.

To think they actually thought it was a good idea to let fans into tonight's tapings without testing them either just goes to show how utterly thoughtless the WWE has been up until now thinking they were impervious to letting this impact them the way it has other sports leagues.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
My dad works at the PC but has been able to work from home for the last few months. Thank fuck that's the case. Not at all surprised they haven't been testing.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I bet that person has major heat with the office now and will be fired or jobbed out if they ever come back to the company.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Do they have a live NXT show to do on Wednesday? I'm sure they'll miraculously get the all clear by then if so.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes Vince.

How beautiful a world it is to see NJPW to return - the only major wrestling promotion to do a full pause - while promising engaging tests while WWE enters fucking carnyville.

Not just WWE but also AEW and Impact. However, yeah all this time WWE thought they could skate by just by doing temperature checks for a virus that can be asymptomatic. As what someone posted above, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. It'll be curious to see how many performers are willing to not come in if things don't change.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
How cheap must you be to not have daily testing available for this type of production where you stand to lose so much if an outbreak occurs.

GenericUser

Banned
Jun 4, 2020
I doubt UFC is that much better tbh. They have a clause stating if their fighters talk about the testing and environment they can take away their pay.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Wait wait. In fucken Florida, they were only doing half-assed temperature checks knowing the incubation period and that not everyone will show symptoms? They were not doing tests all this time. They let fans into the audience and did not allow them to wear masks?

Actually why am I surprised? Only thing that is surprising is that it didn't happen sooner(or maybe it did and we just don't know).

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
wtf? I thought they were testing? Is Vince going with the Trump, "Can't test positive for the corona virus if you don't test for corona virus" theory?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Wait wait. In fucken Florida, they were only doing half-assed temperature checks knowing the incubation period and that not everyone will show symptoms? They were not doing tests all this time. They let fans into the audience and did not allow them to wear masks?

Actually why am I surprised? Only thing that is surprising is that it didn't happen sooner(or maybe it did and we just don't know).
Actually...an on-air talent already tested positive for it a month or two ago.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
How cheap must you be to not have daily testing available for this type of production where you stand to lose so much if an outbreak occurs.

It's the same company that wouldn't end a PPV because a wrestler suffered a deadly accident and sued his widow and claimed his widow didn't care for wrestling.

Their priorities are messed up and not normal.

Now I wonder if the entire roster will be punished and furloughed/released so Vince McMahon makes more money.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt UFC is that much better tbh. They have a clause stating if their fighters talk about the testing and environment they can take away their pay.

UFC is actually testing, which says a lot when even Dana White is making you look bad.

I bet anything Vince sees getting tested as some kind of sign of weakness, on some Trump type "if we don't test we won't have corona" type head in the sand shit.

GenericUser

Banned
Jun 4, 2020
UFC is actually testing, which says a lot when even Dana White is making you look bad.

I bet anything Vince sees getting tested as some kind of sign of weakness, on some Trump type "if we don't test we won't have corona" type head in the sand shit.
Do we know if it's been consistent though? It's very odd to me that the only guy that has tested positive is the one guy that already informed them he was exposed

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe these dipshits weren't testing. This company is so garbage.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Thing is WWE has way too much cash. They could provide all their wrestlers with healthcare and would still make a profit.
Part of the implications I meant, were things like extending this to the larger picture, most corporations are able to do this. They simply don't want to, and would rather sacrifice an employee at the bottom (maybe 10K now, versus 100K later).

I think we need to reform a lot more than the police.

I can't believe these dipshits weren't testing. This company is so garbage.

[Insert name of any (sports) corporation.]

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part of the implications I meant, were things like extending this to the larger picture, most corporations are able to do this. They simply don't want to, and would rather sacrifice an employee at the bottom (maybe 10K now, versus 100K later).

I think we need to reform a lot more than the police.

[Insert name of any (sports) corporation.]
AEW tests everyone before every taping and checks temperatures. They also do multiple tapings at once usually.

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
The WWF is really run by a bunch of neanderthals isn't it? The kind of place where "what are you a pussy?" is used and strongly considered in arguments and decisions.

Sapiens

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Will people stop watching Vince's fake carny dancing? No. It'll all get better once he dies and hands it over to his kids, right?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'll be shocked if the NBA season is actually able to conclude without anyone testing positive.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
What's it going to take for some people to stop giving Vince McMahon money and views? Death of wrestlers? Rape allegations? Insulting racial stereotypes? Using a man's cancer diagnosis as a storyline? Wrestlers being held hostage in a foreign country?

Thank God Roman left when he did. This company makes millions of dollars but can't be bothered to make sure their people are tested and ignores rules by making fans take off masks. Guess you can only pipe in fake crowd noise for the "Greatest Match Ever".

God I hate WWE

Last edited: