MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ryse is a Kinect game that was altered to be a launch showcase. Shallow but pretty.

The order is a graphical showcase that seems to actively hate being a game. It's the worst example of a game that's like a movie with boring gameplay tacked in to keep the player moving the story forward.

The Libertine

Oct 29, 2017
I have played and enjoyed both, I thought Ryse slightly outstayed its welcome, but was still a fun game. I would love to see a sequel to the Order, that game had set up something really interesting by the end and as others have said both games looked fantastic.

Aug 8, 2018
The Order is one of my favorite games in the PS4. The story is interesting and the gameplay is fun. And gosh, the voice acting is so freaking perfect.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
With another year of polish I think Ryse could have been the start of an amazing franchise.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I'll never forget how hilarious it was in The Order when there's a title card like "Chapter 6" and you slow walk through some burning wreckage for a minute, then there's a cutscene, and then "Chapter 7" I could not believe it lmao.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ryse on the harder difficulties is an excellent game.

The order no comment. Barely started it and dropped it.

Oct 24, 2019
The Order desperately deserves a sequel. The lore framework is there to make an anthology series out of it if they want to do a soft reboot. The world just has too much potential for it to get stuffed in the garbage.

Never played Ryse, but give that a sequel too, why not.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I liked The Order lol. I know the gameplay is discount gears and repetitive, but it being short made sure that didn't overstay it's welcome. The story is silly, and it does take itself waaay too seriously for it's own good. Probably the best looking PS4 game pound for pound imo.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
56a1c6f4e9cd5a52cca82018a0892602.gif

Ryse, at least.

The Order veers more into trash territory.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
I have both but only finished Ryse on XBOX and PC. I enjoyed the first 2 chapters of the Order and will get back to it after I finish UC4 this week. I have already said it elsewhere that Ryse is like my game of the generation. I just loved everything about it. It just resonated with me in a special way. The voice acting, the level set pieces, the combat and the visceral-ness of it all. Just lovely, all of it.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
i do like Ryse, is a fun little game with a interesting story. the order on the other side feels souless, that cliff hanger and the bad gameplay is just unplayable

CelticKennedy

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 18, 2019
I enjoyed both games. I thought they were great starts and wish we would of at least got sequels to both that addressed the problems people had with both games. I really liked Ryse's combat. Especially the co-op arena stuff. A sequel could of added different weapons to fight with instead of just swords. With The Order I really liked the story, I just wish that they made the moment to moment gameplay was more enjoyable though. I feel like The Order held the players hand way too much and they really wanted you to play the game the exact way the developers intended. An option for 4-player co-op would of been great...especially with the small squad of Knights you got introduced to.

Igorth

Nov 13, 2017
I really liked The Order, I wish they made a Pro / HDR patch, but that ship sailed long ago, the same about a sequel.

I played Ryse on PC and was a mej experience.

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't play either of them yet, but I do intend to play at least The Order, bought it last year for $5.

I really like the setting, but don't expect it to be very good. It being short is definitely a plus.

Oct 25, 2017
The Order was pretty bad. The plot was boring and ended without really ever feeling like it got started. It looks very good, but the game really didn't feel like it amounted to much of anything

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Still haven't played Ryse, it's on the backlog on Steam, but I played The Order for $10 a couple of years ago and found it to be good enough. Solid 7/10 for me, I would've hated playing it for $60 though

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
I liked The Order, I thought the story was really interesting, even though it ends in such an abrupt way. I bought it for like $5 and I was impressed. Maybe if the game had come out with a reasonably low price instead of full AAA price reviews wouldn't have been so harsh and the public perception of the game would be a little better.

The QTE werevolves' fights and the ridiculous stealth mechanics were shite, though.

GMT Master

Oct 3, 2019
Ryse was meh but maybe passable as a launch title.

The Order is an absolutely awful game in every respect. Yeah, opinions are like assholes, but my eyes roll back into my head when I hear somehow say they liked that game.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Rise was fun, I didnt see what the issue was with that one. I also enjoyed the order. But after reflecting on it I realized how much wasted potential it had.

Icky Thump

Oct 30, 2017
Neither were as bad as everyone says. I enjoyed them both. They both had interesting set pieces and locations. The art in both were top notch and they looked great.